Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

Thread Starter #136

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MARUTI SUZUKI IGNIS 2023 WITH NEW SAFETY FEATURES!

IGNIS 2023.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Ignis 2023 has been modified to comply with the new emission regulations as new RDE norms are being implemented. The Ignis Engine is currently E20-ready.[:D]

The hatchback’s feature list has also been revised ; the car now comes with Hill Hold Assist and Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP) as standard features across all models.
It is a welcoming feature as the company hopes to give its customers an additional layer of protection.
Of course, there has been a slight increase in price among all variations @ an average increase of about Rs. 27,000.

A beautiful Black color variant is also available.

BUT

It is still not on par with its international version as the 1.2 DUALJET engine, SHVS Mild Hybrid System, Six Airbags, Engine auto stop start system (leave alone SmartPlay Pro/Pro+ Infotainment System, CVT, TPM, ALLGRIP four-wheel drive system & ADAS Dual Camera Brake Support) are all missing.[sad]

IGNIS JAPAN.jpg

Ignis international version Interior – Note the switches!

Link: International Model

Last edited:
Thread Starter #138

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
AFTERMARKET CAR DOOR CHROME HANDLES

Sometimes aftermarket chrome handles affect the detection of keys.
In my opinion, the issue is due to

1. Improper mounting and design of the aftermarket chrome door handle covers, and not due to an OE Accessory (or) a good quality car specific aftermarket chrome door handle covers.
2. Using a non-sensor design meant for a basic version to a higher version ( Keyless) of the car, blocking the sensor button communication.

Many generic aftermarket chrome door handle covers are sold as compatible for multiple models of car , say for example compatible for Swift, Swift Desire, Baleno and Ignis.
This type should never be Installed as may not mount properly, may block the sensor button and could interfere RF signal communication.[evil]

Also,the sensor holes should match with the version of the car. Example, Sigma model Chrome handle don't match with Zeta or Alfa.

I have used Aftermarket chrome door handle covers in my Honda City, and have been using with Ignis, also with my friends cars, no issues so far.

MY IGNIS DOOR CHROME HANDLES
LINK

MY ALBUS, HONDA CITY DOOR CHROME HANDLES
LINK 1
LINK 2

Please note, after market ones are ABS plastics and not metal like OE.
So, it is not an issue with After Market Chrome handle material, but the design and mounting.

NOW [cheers]
Maruti OE After Market Chrome handles are available,and specifically designed to suit different car modules , for both Sensor and Non sensor cars.

Yes, [:D]..........Check the three new designs, now available for IGNIS, BALENO, DESIRE & ERTICA

LINK : BRIGHT CHROME

ERTICA DOOR CHROME HANDLE.jpg

LINK: SATIN CHROME

IGNIS CHRIME DOOR HANDLE.jpg

LINK: BLACK CHROME

BALENOCHRIME DOOR HANDLE.jpg

NOTE:
Generally, the failure to detect the key happens:
  • Battery- The battery inside your key fob is dead or too weak. (Dashboard warning message may appear)
  • Damaged Key – The key itself is damaged, which can happen when we drop the key or wash it.
  • Interference – Wireless devices such as aftermarket alarms, radar detectors or any radio frequency gadget can transmit at the same frequency as the smart key; it can interfere with the key signals received by the Body Control Module (BCM).

Last edited:
@ Dr MUDHAN
It's surprising to note, Maruti Suzuki has brought three different shades of Chrome Door Handles. Thanks for the information Sir.
BTW, what is RF communication, sorry if this is a silly question.

Thread Starter #141

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
BTW, what is RF communication, sorry if this is a silly question.

Learning is a continuous process, don't feel bad. It's my pleasure to explain.

There are different communication protocols to connect with an electronic gadget through a remote control. This is to send a command or request to make a gadget to make it work as we want.

Examples of popular communication protocols used in remote controls are:

Wireless- Mobile Mirroring with some brands of TV, Downloading a footage from a Car Dashcam to a mobile.

Bluetooth- Using a Artificial intelligence Voice control in a Bluetooth Remote like Hi Google or Alexa!

IR- Regular infrared remote control used for TVs, some colour changing Led bulb strips Remotes (car ambient lighting kit)

RF - Radio Frequency, used in car FASTag Sticker, Car Smart Keys, some colour changing advanced Led bulb Remotes, Wireless Home Door Bell, Home Security Controls Alarms etc.

RF GADGETS.jpg

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Thread Starter #143

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CAR ‘DOOR OPENED’ WARNING LIGHTS!
MY IGNIS GOT IT!

5.gif

2.gif

1.gif

In the past ... with my previous cars, I always used to think about the car ‘door opened’ warning indications for safety, and I used to affix Red Reflective Stickers on the doors side panels.

I found some new gadget in amazon in this regard but, that appeared to be cheap, short lived and not water proof ones. Many feedbacks revealed that either their batteries are missing in the pack or of poor quality, as not lasting even for few weeks.

Cheap Alternative 1
Cheap Alternative 2

During my visit to Australia, I purchased from AliExpress the same one (BASEUS) that I had in my ALBUS-Honda City.
I found it as of excellent quality and the battery lasting for more than 2 years.
More than an attractive gadget, it really helps in SAFETY.
This unit comes as pair for two doors with four 2032 button cells which are replaceable.
It is like Plug & Play, we just need to paste and enjoy. No wiring or cutting.
It works on Magnetic Trigger / Induction, and provided with a tiny Neodymium Magnet .
(Note: Ordinary Magnets will lose their strength shortly; Neodymium lose less than 1% over 10 years; Permanent Nd-Fe-B Magnets carry on indefinitely)

DIY - WHAT I DID:
Found, once triggered by crossing the magnet it becomes ‘ON’, and the gadget automatically switches ‘OFF’ after by around 120 seconds if undisturbed.
Ensured in the right place at the front and rear doors (Check the GIF- Videos) to paste the gadget by not creating friction or hindrance while closing the doors.
As It comes with a good double sided tape, after cleaning the spot with alcohol spray, pasted firmly.
After noting down the spot it rests, THEN the magnet was pasted exactly on the opposite spot.[cheers]

NOTE:
1. The indication that we did it perfectly is - when we open the door, the LED beads should be flashing as it has got triggered by the door / MAGNET on movement. If the LED beads failed to flash, we need to relocate the magnets and set it correctly.
2. Though the double sided tape is good, if possible it can be replaced with original 3M tape for both, the gadget and magnet.
3. As I am doing, the magnet is good to be removed (The gadget will not light up without the magnet) while sending the car for regular service or to body shop; as at there the laborers would be careless and frequent opening and closing of door may reduce the battery life.

CAR DOOR OPEN WARNING.jpg

CAR DOOR OPEN WARNING 2.jpg

CHECK: VIDEO ABOUT THE BASEUS GADGET
{Baseus Car Door Open Warning Light)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #144

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
3.png
41.gif

First of all, I would like to thank my forum members and Guests (the invisible followers) for making this thread to cross - its first milestone i.e., 50K Views since 15th August 2021.[cheers]

Honestly, but for this encouragement I would not have got motivated.

Interaction and communication adds life to a thread, and it makes the author energized, gives a feeling that the efforts are useful to others.

Please note, these efforts of the author are neither towards commercial intention nor to earn something, except the pleasure of sharing that makes the life meaningful.!

Therefore, I request you to join with us and be a part of TAI family.[:D]

123.png

I also INVITE YOU all to have a glance at my various threads existing in this forum.

Car Fire Safety Guide: Be Safe and Drive Safe!

The Dashcam Buyer's Guide

The Ultimate Dashcam User’s Guide

Exhaustive Guide: Car Detailing Basics

Guide: All About Car Audio, Android Units, DSP & Buyer Upgrade Basics!

Guide: How to Pick Soul Soothing Music While Driving

Guide: Make Your Rental Car Ride Safer!

Guide: Online Shopping Abroad & Customs Formalities

Guide: How to Make Your Car Battery Go On & On!

Cars in Flood – Insurance and More!

Fake RC – How to Spot It?

Car Care During COVID-19 Lockdown

How to Clean & Disinfect Car from COVID-19

My Memories Of Australia & Maffra Motor Museum

Nexdigitron Ace Car Dashcam Review

Review: NexDigitron A3 vs NexDigitron Ace Car Dashcam Comparison

Review: Morel Maximo 6 MKII Component Speakers

My New Honda City in White - The Albus

AND,

This thread:
CARS OF MY LIFE – THE IGNIS 2021

41.gif

Thanks & Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Dr MUDHAN
It's amazing to know how many different ways exists to explore creativity.
Your threads remind visitors that there are much unlimited potentials.
I have been a silent reader of your postings.
You are quite an interesting person. You have always some very interesting things to say on the subject.
You analyse and describe such things that we never even thought of.
Yes, now, I am a part of 'theautomotiveindia' family.
Keep smiling and inspiring people.

Thread Starter #149

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CAR FOOTWELL LIGHTS

MY IGNIS GOT IT!
PART I

Car Ambient Lights_7.jpg

Car Ambient Lights_2.jpg

You may be like me, the one who loves his car, love to equip with something that makes it more appealing!
The soft, warm radiance of the footwell lights is one such thing that creates a cool, comfortable ambience inside the car!!
The market is flooded with (Both 5 Volt and 12 Volt are available) generic Chinese products and, one should be careful while buying such electrical accessory.

What I preferred:

I do not prefer 5V LEDs unit that uses USB socket. They are not better than 12V ones. Also, I wanted to avoid OE cigar power socket & do not like messy cables.
Therefore, I started searching something different, preferably an OEM one & affordable
based on my following preferences:
  • A dedicated ‘LED’ diode and not a strip.
  • A simple, soft and subtle illumination that doesn’t blind the driver or co passengers
  • True, Watt/Volt/ Ampere rated genuine product that is safe from heat & fire
  • Preferred a low wattage module that consumes a very low ampere, compatible under 3A/5A Fuse.
  • No simulating / signaling or stroboscopic effect that need fiddling with a Remote or App.
  • Don’t require activation at opening of the doors or soft fade out effect (Theater Dimming Effect) after closing the door.
  • Create an ambience during driving with an optional switching on & off provision.

What I found:

Got to know about two OEM products of Maruti.
One meant for MARUTI CELERIO and another for their WAGAN-R. Both are similar design with different color temperature, Neon Orange for CELERIO & Neon Blue for WAGON –R.
Blue is a cool, universal and common color; people prefer it to go with the car’s instrumentation/ illumination. But, I preferred a warm color that is orange as I felt it would go well with my instruments illumination and my car’s darker interiors.

Car Ambient Lights_1.jpg

If we go with it:

The Plus
  • Reliable OEM product @ safe if installed properly.
  • Low wattage module, consumes a very low ampere
  • Have in-line 3A dedicated fuse for extra safety.
  • A warm, soft and subtle illumination and not a razzle dazzle type.
  • Comes with necessary kit, including a good quality adhesive.
  • Not expensive
The Minus
  • Available either as Blue or Orange colors only.
  • Not a dazzling brighter illumination as to suit someone’s taste
  • No color temperature & brightness control
  • Not a music dancing lights.
  • May need extra wires for cars other than meant for the specific car.
  • Not USB or Cigar Light compatible
  • May need professional help to tap the connections, right wires using 3M scotch locks

USEFUL VIDEO

(Please ignore the language spoken if you cannot understand, but the procedures are self-explanatory. Note, I adopted a different connection method)
LINK

Car Ambient Lights_3.jpg

Car Ambient Lights_4.jpg

BUT…
Unfortunately, Maruti OEM Neon Orange for CELERIO is no more available. Therefore, I had no other option except to go with the Chinese one.

Car Ambient Lights_5.jpg

Car Ambient Lights_6.jpg

Shall write in detail about my DIY ….

Thread Starter #150

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CAR FOOTWELL LIGHTS

MY IGNIS GOT IT!
( PART II )

Caution:
*If you do not have an idea of car electrical system, do not attempt to do this DIY, please seek help from a right professional.

Car Footwell Light_1.jpg

Car Footwell Light_2.1.jpg

On my careful analysis, I found that only 12 LEDs strip X 4 available online, either controlled by IR Remote or by a Mobile App.

I have selected the most sold one in Amazon /Flipkart, that is the GoMechanic Atmosphere Lights (5050 LEDs x 12 x 4 Strips) for Rs.325/-.

What I did:
MY DIY!

Removed the 12-Volt Cigar light power adopter that came with the wiring harness, connected as per wiring diagram here, adopting in the same dedicated fuse ACC line that I have already taken for my 12V 0.5A Dashcam, and adding an extra dedicated switch for footwell lights. Refer: Hard wiring Process

The switch is to help switch On/Off as I wish; I don’t require during day time.

Placed / Hidden the cute little lights at Right & Left in the FRONT (under dashboard) and REAR (under front seats), at the preferred spot after studying the light intensity to my liking.
Check pictures,

That's All.

Car Footwell Light_4.jpg

Car Footwell Light_3.jpg

My Review @ Observations:

The remote and lights worked as described, most importantly it remembered the last favorite setting when switched ON/OFF.

My wife liked Blue and I liked Orange, so it’s comfortable to display the favorite ambience as we liked @ our preferred level of brightness [cheers]

The adhesive is neither an original 3M nor duplicate Chinese 3M, but a clear type and good. Prepared the surface by cleaning with Alcohol (I used Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray Sanitizer) and it bonded well.

IGNIS driver side doesn’t provide a proper mounting position, so I did a trick! Used two 32mm binding clips, pasted the strip over them.

Fixing at the downside of the rear seats needs little extra care. I did not paste over seat sponge / metal grill as everyone does.

For safety aspect, I pasted the led strip over a PVC Wiring Channel, and pasted the channel using hot glue gun, neatly by taking care of connecting cables inside.

Honestly, I liked the neat & fresh footwell ambience. [:D]

Hope, pictures here are self-explanatory.

Car Footwell Light_5.jpg

Car Footwell Light_6.jpg

Car Footwell Light_7.jpg

Car Footwell Light_8.jpg

Car Footwell Light_9.jpg

Points to note:

• The footwell lighting for the car is addressed in the interior, to illuminate the footwell for driver and passengers.
  • It serves only the visual enhancement of the vehicle, fulfills no practical purpose.
  • Depending upon the way we connect to the car’s electrical system, it would be a simple lighting that will turn 'ON' when the door is opened and turns 'OFF' when it is closed with 'Theater Dimming Effect' (OR) the lighting that remains switched 'ON' while driving as I did here.
  • Secure wiring line with tape / zip tie firmly avoid rattling, loose connections.
  • Make sure proper sticking of the double side tape by using 3M adhesion promoting primer on plastic surfaces, after cleaning with IPA.
  • Make sure that the rear wiring is enough and flexible to movements when the front seats are adjusted / moved, while placing the rear Right and Left sides under the front seats,
  • Keep back the plastic strip inside the RGB LED Light Controller IR Remote, that disconnects usage & saves battery, as CR 1220 Battery is not easily available in local shops.

IMPORTANT:
ezgif-4-925712b4db.gif

Safety First - Care must be taken as it is connected to the car’s electrical system, should be matched with the ampere output of the fuse line tapped/ adopted. It is recommended to use fuse adopter, tap the line at 15A Cigar light ACC slot and, better to add a dedicated 5A Fuse in-line for this connection. Refer: Hard wiring Process
Also, use the right gauge wire (At least 16 gauge) for inter connection for the additional switch.

Be Safe & Drive Safe !

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN.

Last edited:

Top Bottom