Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

Thread Starter #121

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
IGNIS DOOR HANDLE CHROME COVER

IGNIS CHROME HANDLE 1.jpg

Getting a Chrome Door Grab Handle cover for the IGNIS Alfa/Zeta versions is not that easy.
These two versions come with Key/Sensor holes; sourcing a car specific, compatible and a good quality one is found difficult.
Most of the Online / Amazon / Flipkart sellers have the generic unbranded Chinese ones, but only without the sensor hole (or) meant for Maruti Baleno (or) a universal type.
The expensive & good quality Korean Make AUTOCLOVER has a set that claimed to match Ignis/Baleno/Swift Desire all three, but I don’t think that one design can match all the three cars perfectly.
Finally, on my analysis over YouTube, I found this shop, contacted and got the perfectly matching one.
These are somewhat better ABS quality Chinese make – CN LEAGUE Brand, paid Rs.1000/- (Rs.750 + Shipping)
The shop owner though busy responding properly and helpful to understand my requirement.
I felt it as a genuine shop. (Ajay Car Accessories, Vikas Puri, New Delhi/Mobile No. 9811386389)

Note: One extra thing that I did – added a thin strip of White 3M DS tape to the small covers at the projecting design to bind it properly, please check the picture.
IGNIS CHROME HANDLE.jpg

IGNIS CHROME HANDLE 2.jpg

See you later..[drive]

Thread Starter #122

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
DIY - Added 3D License Plate Holder

I did to my car as I liked and felt it has aesthetic appeal.[;)]

After inspired by this VIDEO, I ordered one from Amazon. It appeared a low quality with rusted nuts and bolts, I returned it.
Ordered another one from this GETINSTALL and found as a better one, reasonly priced.

IGNIS.jpg

CAR LICENSE PLATE HOLDER.jpg

I didn't want it to project unnaturally, so kept it only little more, but it needed some support at the back, so used a bit of black EPE foam.

Pros:
Appeared different and unique.

Cons:
1. Allen Key bolts are difficult to secure, so replaced with good star type ones.
2. Needs proper fitting with back support as it gets tilted on external pressure.

Please Note: [think]
A. Your attention is required that it may be against Indian Road Traffic Rules. In fact, in India , adding aftermarket extra horns, lights, stickers, roof wrapping , front bumber gaurd, sun control films etc., and even the black plastic license plate holder provided at the Dealer's spot are all not as per norms.
B. HSRP ( High-Security Registration Plate) rules are yet to be implemented strictly in my area. Need to check how it's viewed by local authorities in our area/state; better to avoid if we often travel to other states.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #123

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MY IGNIS GOT RAIN READY!

IGNIS.jpg

Rainy season started here.

I wanted to preserve my earlier Paint Detailing, protect against Acidic Rain Water, Mud & Dust.

I prepared the paint with a simple procedure that I would like to share with you. [:D]

Just washed the car with Car Shampoo (ECSTAR/SONAX GLOSS SHAMPOO) using proper Micro Fiber Cloth, Wash Mitt & Dry Towel (SOFTSPUN & AMAZON).

QUICK DETAILED with diluted COLLINITE 845 (60:40% Distilled Water) - just spread a very thin layer using sponge , allowed it to dry/haze and softly wiped with a MF Cloath......
A Lovely Shine with protection!

Polished black trims (MEGUIAR'S Natural Shine Interior Dash & Trim Protectant) and, cleaned the tyres using diluted dish washer, polished with tyre polish (WAVEX)

Checked the wipers both front and rear, cleaned the glass with Colin Glass and Surface Cleaner.

My detailed GUIDE towards Monsoon Preparation will be emerging soon .... Bye [drive]

IGNIS 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #124

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CAR CIGARETTE LIGHTER SPLITTER
MY IGNIS GOT IT!

CAR CIGAR SPLITTER 1.jpg

This is the product that I was looking for from past few months!
I always love to add some beautiful illuminating gadgets like Battery Meter, internal temperature and some subtle illumination to the cockpit.:wink:
If you are someone who requires many slots for various reasons like Dash Cam, Ambient Lights etc., this is for you!

PROS:
  • YANTU is a reliable brand, with high quality components.
  • It’s a neat, sturdy and beautiful design
  • Has LED Voltage Display - Monitor Battery Voltage in real time.
  • Has Independent Power Switch for energy-saving and devices protection.
  • Has 3-Cigarette Lighter sockets & Dual USB Car Charger.
  • Has Multi-Protect safety system & Long Cable.
  • The subtle blue illumination that makes interior beautiful.
CONS:
  • Need to check the maximum recommended output of OE cigar lighter socket, as can only be used in devices with a total power of 100W (Maruti Suzuki 12V Cigar Socket Lid Indicates Max 120W)
  • Better not to use high power consuming gadgets like Car Fridge along with multiple power consuming car gadgets.
  • Not sure about the 2 Years Seller’s warranty support, as the Chinese Manufacturer doesn’t have any Office in India.
  • Little Expensive.

CAR CIGAR SPLITTER 2.jpg

NOTE: I have pasted on the reverse side (as I don’t require USB Charging sockets) by pasting with Velcro strips using craft hot glue gun. Double side tapes doesn’t hold properly on the car dashboard console. The cables were neatly hidden. Also, masked Battery Meter that comes on the plug as I have a better looking Battery Meter.

PURCHASE LINKS:

Where I originally purchased @ Rs. 834, no stock now, unfortunately.

Available in Amazon @ Rs.997, with 7 days replacement policy.

Available in Amazon @ Rs.1199, with 10 days returnable policy.

Sir, I came across an issue with my IGNIS Automatic Car.
I parked the car in D-Mode, but forgot to put on Parking Brake.
I was shocked to see that the car started moving at rear side and I immediately managed to put on Parking Brake and stopped. This has never occurred earlier, what could be the issue?
Why the car is not secured on D- 1ST Gear Mode. Will there be any issue with gear box? Please Help.

Thread Starter #126

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
AGS vs AMT – CAR PARKING DIFFERENCE!
Don’t do this mistake in any MARUTI SUZUKI AGS CARS!!

Sir, I came across an issue with my IGNIS Automatic Car.
I parked the car in D-Mode, but forgot to put on Parking Brake.
I was shocked to see that the car started moving at rear side and I immediately managed to put on Parking Brake and stopped. This has never occurred earlier, what could be the issue?
Why the car is not secured on D- 1ST Gear Mode. Will there be any issue with gear box? Please Help.

I understand what is the mistake that you have done.

It’s nothing connected to malfunctioning gear box/system.

Suzuki AGS technology is different from AMT technology.

The Mistake that you have done is –

You switched off the engine in neutral and then placed in D-GEAR Mode. (Like what we normally do in Manual Gear Cars) The car's computer (ECM/ECU) would keep in memory that the gear is in neutral and the car would move despite you engaged later the D-gear Mode, if not Parking Brake engaged. Earlier it never occurred to you, because your parking brake saved your car.

AGS is a versatile automatic transmission where gear shifts are electronically controlled by an Intelligent Shift Control Actuator. Use the automatic mode while driving in peak hours and slow-moving traffic conditions, and shift to manual when you want to have more control over the gear shifts.

Please go through this page of IGNIS MANUAL :

Ignis Parking.jpg

Also this video for your better understanding:

Please Ensure Safety - Always park the car in the right way before switching off the engine and always use the Parking Gear Position properly, as AGS Cars doesn't have P-Mode.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

READ MORE:

“AMT is also known as Clutch-less Manual Transmission or Semi-Automatic Transmission, basically it is an automatic gearbox which does not change gears automatically but facilitates manual gear changes without the need to depress the clutch pedal manually. All the task of changing gears is done by electronic sensors, processors and hydraulic actuators to engage the gears based on the input from the driver or by a computer.

AGS (Auto Gear Shift) is also called Auto or Self-Shifting Transmission is a type of gearbox which automatically changes gear ratios, it allows an internal combustion engine to provide speed and torque outputs necessary for the car movement. AGS does not depend on a clutch to change gears in the car, instead it shifts gears by hydraulically locking and unlocking the system of gears.

AMT is based on manual transmission concept while AGS technology is more advance and based on DSG and CVT transmission. AMT takes up to a second to upshift or downshift gear - which can result in a minor jerk which otherwise doesn’t exist in smooth refined automatic transmission.”

Last edited:
Thread Starter #127

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MY IGNIS GETS AN ENGINE COVER EMBLEM !

A clean car is something I crave for. I never ignore under the bonnet as Engine bay cleaning does give a satisfying feel as it makes the car look brand new under the hood.

I look into the engine bay periodically in the morning hours when it is cool and have a glance to know that everything is in order.

Every weekend, I ensure the Dust, grime, decaying matter like tree leaves in the engine area are removed. This decaying matter does attract microbes and rodents, and especially in the winter even the street cats are trying to take shelter, despite the car is parked safely under the home portico.

To give a better look, I desired to add a decal /emblem over the engine cover which was just a plain plastic.

Got this from BOODMO, as it is cheap and Maruti OEM part.

I am happy as I am welcomed by this beautiful chrome SUZUKI emblem every time I open the bonnet. :wink:

IGNIS.jpg

IGNIS2.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #128

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MY IGNIS DOOR DAMPING DONE

I did it myself and following are my observation:

DIY @ HOME:
DIY Car Damping at Home is good as we can take our own time, avoid dusty environment, enjoy & do better than the work done by those hasty, unskilled boys at work shops.
It requires a lot of patience and planning. We need to remove the door pad, detach the electrical socket, clean the inner and outer metal sheet by IPA, mark and make templates, cut the sheet, paste it properly, remove / refit speakers, and to carefully handle the wiring inside.:cool:

PURCHASE PLANNING:
Market is flooded with Russian and Chinese sheets. I preferred a reliable (Bitumen / Asphalt * tar free) BUTYL POLYMER and an odorless one that can suit our Indian weather.
Narrowed down my preference to CTK or Dr Artex, went for Dr Artex Iridium Medium 2mm sheets X 10 Sheets.
It is available Locally @Rs.12K, and at Carplus @ 11.2K.
Purchased from Amazon @ Rs.8100 +150 Shipping. (MRP Rs.15990.00), received safely. I have also purchased a Rubber Roller from Amazon.

POINTS NOTED WHILE DAMPING:
Honestly two sheets are not enough per door, it requires 2.5 to 3 sheets to cover one front door completely as they are larger than the rear.

Dr Artex Manual says 80% coverage is sufficient, need not be a continuous sheet , proper insulation bits can block flow of vibrations over door metal and even to close only the door openings outer side is okay along with maximum possible inner side.

While pressing the roller, need to be careful not to press deeply over hollow/ hole areas as it can pierce the sheet. Dr Artex Iridium has a flexible external aluminum sheet. It seems CTK has little thicker one as pointed by our forum member @CRACING HERE at Product Review.

While doing inner layer, we need to cut bit by bit sheets and complete damping is not possible due to difficulty in accessing the area and presence of impact cross bars.

Overlapping and dual layer of the same sheet to be avoided as it will nullify the effect of the sheet as per the manufacturer.

The holes meant for holding plastic clips of the door pad, and mounting speakers to be clearly marked.

I felt two-layer damping is okay as I don't want to load more. That’s inner and outer metal sheet. (EPE Foam Sheet of 5 mm thickness is enough if we really want to cover the inner side of the plastic mold)

It was really difficult to cover up the boot lid /door and I didn’t do it fully. I did just in bits to arrest the sound travelling across the metal sheet without hampering the levers inside, but covered overall with easily removable EPE sheet and 3M original Automotive Masking & Paper Tapes. I felt , over load / weight is to be avoided as it can damage the hydraulic arms.

Generally, as felt by many DIY Car Enthusiast that single layer inside the door of 2 mm and just a EPE 5 mm outer sheet is enough for cars when Subwoofers are not used.

AFTER EFFECTS:

Noise Level Comparison @ Decibel Meter
Measured the Noise dB level using ‘Sound Meter’ Android Mobile App after damping and noted this:

Noise level outside the car at home around 8pm (Vehicle movements at nearby road)
Minimum/ Average/ Maximum = 45dB/58db/71dB

Noise level inside the car at home around 8pm (Vehicle movements at nearby road)
Minimum / Average / Maximum =35dB/37Db/51dB

(*Note, the noise produced while taking screen shot that also raises the decibel.)

Impact On Mileage

Honestly, I didn’t feel any adverse effect on my car’s mileage. I use my car mostly within the city, outskirts during weekends, mostly loaded by two or four passengers including the driver. All are of normal body weight and the car driven at 40 to 60 Km/h. We get the same mileage as before, i.e., 12 to 18 depends upon the traffic and road conditions.

TOOLS USED:
Rubber Roller
Pry Tool
Sound Meter App

SAFETY PRECAUTION:
Of course, I couldn’t escape from minor skin scratches while carrying out the procedures, despite being careful about safety.
Please take care while inserting the hands especially over the wrist part while pressing the inner layers. The sheet edges are of a thin Aluminum layer can create minor cuts in the fingers; to avoid, use the roller properly.

ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES FELT:

Pros:
  • The SOUND ACOUSTIC of HU/OE Speakers really improved, I could feel a smooth, clear sound as damping reduced vibrations/speaker sound distortion which was existing earlier due to hollow layers and air gaps in the door metal design.
  • Loved the way the door closed with SOLID ‘Thud’ SOUND, and made to feel rugged.
  • Reduced EXTERNAL HEAT that makes the cabin cooler than before.
  • Reduced ROAD NOISE that makes the cabin really quitter than before.
  • I truly enjoy the pleasure of silence.
Cons:
  • It makes the existing neat and clean OE door metal sheets little shabby in my point of view. (of course, it’s hidden, out of our sight)
  • It adds 2 to 2.5 Kg to each door, overall around 10 to 12 Kgs in case we cover the boot lid also.
  • Once affixed, it will be difficult to remove. (Touch wood, nothing should make the need for doing anything with the door in future)
  • Bad quality sheets made out of tar material may spread bad odor or melt & get detached during hot weather. (so, go with a reliable brand.)

POINTS TO NOTE:

We can’t make our car as quieter as a BMW or Mercedes.

The car Noise or Vibration could also be due to Engine, Tire, loose parts & Ambient effect.

Damping the doors will improve to some extent the overall NVH levels.

The OE factory fitted fire proof carpet at fire walls/ Bonnet hood cladding will take care of engine noise.

The OE fire poof floor carpet, aftermarket thick 7D mats, foot mats, and noise less good quality tires will take care of the road noise due to Tires & Suspension.

The Ambient effect like Traffic horn sounds, wind sounds, louder pedestrian voice are all can’t be made to null, as practically impossible and not advisable for our safety point of view.

I am not for complete damping that includes Firewall areas, Roof, Wheel arches, Floor etc.

And,

One More Think To Share:
One interesting thing to note - what we do is door Damping, but I have noted people using the word – ‘Dampening’… ‘Dampening’ means making wet and not about sound insulation.
[lol]

Car Damping_4.jpg

Car Damping_2.jpg

Car Damping_1.jpg

Car Damping_3.jpg

READ MORE:
Dr.Artex Nano Sound Dampening Sheets - Quick Review @ CRACING
Guide: How To Pick Soul Soothing Music While Driving
Guide: All About Car Audio, Android Units, DSP & Buyer Upgrade Basics!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #129

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MY IGNIS : AUDIO UPGRADE WITH MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII COMPONENT SPEAKERS!

MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII.jpg

Please read my detailed PRODUCT REVIEW - MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII COMPONENT SPEAKERS first.

I replaced those tiny OE Tweeters with original PIONEER TS-S20 @ retaining the OE Front & Rear speakers, and I could notice a dramatic improvement in the sound acoustics inside the car,
that I have detailed as my DIY in this posting.

No doubt, I was really enjoying some details in the sound. BUT, I felt those larger tweeters were nearby my ears and the sound is more focused at both the extremes in that position – more towards Right & Left.

Somehow I felt, the auditory localization is disturbed by several reflected sound which was overpowering & hampered the listening experience.

Honestly, still I missed those ecstatic experience! [music]

Therefore, decided to have a true component speaker – a dedicated Woofer & Tweeter unit in place of OE NIPPON Full Range Speakers.

DIY Procedure:

MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII_12.jpg

MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII_04.jpg

TWEETERS:
Connected the Morel in the OE Tweeter line , checked various sounding positions and found the bottom of the A pillar is best. Little higher could have been a better spot (to avoid blocking of the speedometer dash mount, but avoided as I don’t want to drill a hole in the A pillar trim, also didn’t have the required clamp. The tweeters were focused a little higher, fixed the tweeters to rest on the BUTYL POLYMER rubberised adhesive gathered from wasted damping sheet.[;)]

The difficult part was rooting the wire from door to A pillar side via door rubber grommet. Removed the holding plastic clips (both at top & bottom) after detaching the grommet and could see OE wires getting inside.

Prepared a 50cms Silver Curtain Spring Wire (after protecting both the end with insulation tape to avoid sharp ends), attached the tweeter wires with insulation tape, added little Vaseline for smooth gliding, inserted and took out to the desired spot.

WOOFERS:
Added the Spacer Ring to the woofers at proper screw holes carefully. Added a EPE foam strip at outer side of the ring to avoid a gap between door panel and speaker, & to get a better mid bass.

Replaced the OE NIPPON speaker by using given screws after connecting the adopter wiring harness without any wire cutting. Changed the OE Sail Panel Tweeter Trim to a new one, purchased from Boodmo.com. Now, the interior looks better.

Tuned the OE Head Unit EQ and fader to make sound enjoyable.

............. Shall post the real time AUDIO SAMPLES next [:D]

Last edited:
@Dr MUDHAN
Sir, I went through your latest excellent posts over Dash Cam Guides and also your product review about the newly introduced NEXDIGITRON ACE Dash Cam.
But, I am surprised to note NEXDIGIRTON A3 footages instead of ACE version in the articles.
What Dash Cam you presently use for your IGNIS car? ACE or A3?
I am really interested on one of them, what would you recommend?
Please reply.

Thread Starter #132

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ INDU

I am really happy and surprised to note that how keen you are to read my posts and I am blessed as my efforts are recognized and useful to individuals like you.

[clap]You are right, I have returned the NEXDIGITRON ACE Dash Cam to Amazon and bought the other variant NEXDIGITRON A3, happy & settled with it.

Shall give the reasons & my observations in my next post here. Thank You.

Thread Starter #133

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
GOT A DASHCAM - NEXDIGITRON A3!
NEXDIGITRON A3.jpg

Inspired:

Inspired by Our Forum Members’ following observations over their Dashcams, I have also bought one for my IGNIS.

DDPAI Mini Dashcam Review @ 350Z
70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro With GPS: A Brief Review @ Nairrk
A118C Car Dashcam - Review @ CRACING

NEXDIGITRON A3 - I have been using it for a month now and I am impressed with the ease of setup and use of the Dashcam.
One of the best Dashcam in true 1080p budget category? Yes, it is!

My DIY:

I mounted the Cam’s windshield bracket - hidden under the fast tract sticker, positioned the angle as I described in my other posts.
I did hard ware wiring carefully after studying the intricacies, added a battery cut off switch and hidden the cables neatly by securing with other cables under the A pillar trim and dashboard.

Important:

The only issue that I come across is about removing and copying the entire trip footages to a Laptop / Desktop, then copying to a pen drive for big screen viewing.
May be we are anxious initially for some time, but better to avoid frequent removal of the memory card to ensure its full life cycle.
Please completely disconnect from power source, leave few minutes to nullify the reserve energy from capacitor, then remove the Memory card. Of course, individual footages of interesting moments can be simply downloaded to mobile phone via Wi-Fi /App.

Details Here:

The real time footages, my completed DIY procedures, my observations & corrections - everything I have documented / detailed.
I have learned a lot during my DIY procedures and shared my observations in my following posts exclusively over Dashcams.

The Ultimate Dashcam User’s Guide
Nexdigitron Ace Car Dashcam - The First Review in INDIA
Review: NEXDIGITRON A3 -vs- NEXDIGITRON ACE Car Dashcam Comparison

If you are interested to buy a Dashcam, don’t missed to read this : The Dashcam Buyer's Guide.

Enjoying …

I am really enjoying the views of my trips, real time experiences with some reckless drivers on road.
This is very useful to my wife, as she learns from the footages for a better driving.[drive]

INTERESTING REAL-TIME FOOTAGEs:

DAY SAMPLE:

What a fast moving world! - Two Wheeler Tract overpowered by cars [frustration]

NIGHT SAMPLE:

How cool these two wheeler guys to hit a cab with a plastic drum [frustration]

Love the new experience:

As I said,

Human life style is changing in every aspect and car driving is no exception. Dashcams can be a great addition & it’s obvious to see why people invest in smarter driving!

Overall this is a great camera for this price range and must have accessory!
[:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #134

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
SUZUKI IGNIS WIPER REPLACEMENT – EXPERIENCE SHARED!

Gone are the days when I used to replace the OE wiper blades after two to three years in my earlier cars.
Now a day, the Rubber blades need to be replaced within a year depends upon the weather, usage & caring of our cars.

It’s time for my IGNIS after one and half years to replace the OE wipers that came in the car as Wiper Blade Rubber Strips started breaking.

The original length / size came with the 2021-year IGNIS car:
Driver Side:
21 inch (less one point) & Passenger Side: 17 inch (less two points)
But,
I noted in the 2017 year IGNIS, it was smaller:
Driver Side
: 20 inch & Passenger Side: 16 inch

Which one should I go for? 21/17 (or) 20/16?

ORDERED ONLINE:
I just wanted to try the frameless ones and, I preferred the maximum possible size that doesn’t overlap but clears maximum area of the windshields.
On my search, getting individual size that is 21’ & 17’ separately found difficult, except the BOSCH make in Amazon India.
BOSCH 21'
BOSCH 17'
Bosch is a reputed brand, expensive so ordered. But I received an almost 2 years old stock.
I was skeptical about the performance, fitted and tried. It was useless as it could not make complete wiping and left streaks due to its old age. Asked amazon for a replacement but received the same old stock and returned both the wiper blades, got back my money. [frustration]

ignis carwiper_6.jpg

ignis carwiper_2.jpg

ignis carwiper_1.jpg

ALTERNATIVE ORDER:
Again I searched some other brand like My TVS. All they have 20 & 16 combinations that’s also meant for Hyundai Santro (or) Mahindra Kuv100. Noted, the 17-inch size is missing online totally.
I know, wipers are only imported from China as Generic or rebranded as needed by the seller.
Found this combination 21/17 for IGNIS from one Amazon Seller (SELIFAUR), ordered to try as it is safely returnable. Price also the lowest at that time.

ignis carwiper_3.jpg

WHAT RECEIVED:
Received, but the sizes are 21’ and 18’, the largest ones. Totally a different brand (RECARO as against advertised as SELIFAUR BRAND) but not an unbranded or generic type.
Thought of returning, but found okay, installed, as quality and performance is acceptable, retained.

ignis carwiper_4.jpg

ignis carwiper_5.jpg

READ MORE:
My previous experience of frameless wipers in Honda City Car

TO BUY: Check for framed ones here for OE replacement in case you require:

MARUTI OEM WIPER BLADES FRAMED
21 INCHES @ Rs. 400 (OR) @ Rs. 630
17 INCHES @ Rs. 295 (OR) @ Rs. 590

OTHERS BRANDS
BOODMO CHOICE: VALEO BRAND / FRAMED
21’ @Rs. 237 & 17” @ Rs. 176

LUMAX BRAND / FRAMED 21’ @Rs. 226 & 17’ @ Rs. 173

Last edited:
Thread Starter #135

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MAKE A TRY!
MARUTI OEM: ECSTAR AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHAMPOO (500ml) @ Rs.102/-

car shampoo.jpg

It’s time to wash my IGNIS after an adventurous drive over the ghat roads at Anaikatty, Coimbatore / Kerala border last weekend.
(Honestly I felt those roads are neatly laid compared to present normal city roads as most of them have become off roads [frustration] after digging down for the forthcoming 24x7 water supply project.)

My favorite car wash shampoo is Sonax 314300 Concentrate Gloss Shampoo & Ecstar Gloss Shampoo

But, this time I tried a different product and found good. : Ecstar Automotive Body Shampoo
Purchase links: Boodmo Online (OR) Maruti Genuine Accessories Online

PROS:
  • Reliable Maruti OEM product
  • Very Cheap, 500ml @ Rs.102/-
  • Easily available online and also with local Maruti Dealers
  • Good, acceptable performance- Clean & Shine
  • Leaves a smooth surface after drying.
  • Truly Made in India
CONS:
  • Recommended dilution 15 to 20ml per litre of water as it is not a concentrate

Steps Carried out:
  • I just washed the car with moderate water pressure (I don’t use a car washer equipment. My home is equipped with pressure pump and can get excellent water force if switched on.)
  • I just poured 4 caps (20ml) in 10 litres of good water (not a hard or brackish water). (It is against the recommended dilution, but still I felt, it is good except lesser foam)
  • Applied with Microfiber Car Washing Mitt, rubbed gently.
  • Washed away fully
  • Wiped softly with Microfiber Car Washing Mitt (after washing the mitt & squeezing water out of it)
  • Wiped softly with drying microfiber towel.
  • Got the natural shine as polished earlier. [:D]

Note:
Nothing wrong in trying this shampoo as it is very affordable. The results may vary depends upon the quality of water that we use.

Last edited:

Top Bottom