Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

IS IGNIS TO BE DISCONTINUED?

View attachment 293710

Dear Doctor Himasagar
Welcome on board,and joining with us, a wonderful family of like-minded personalities.

Dear, who said that the IGNIS is to be discontinued?
It's misconstrued with Google Search for IGNIS Diesel that has been discontinued in India long before for various other reasons.

INDIA CONSUMERS ACT PROVISIONS:

As per Consumers Act in India, the licensed manufacturers of any product say, like Cars or Electronics have to take care of the end users both during warranty period as specified and further at the cost of the consumer at least for a period of 6 years. It is called Automotive After-Sales Service Market, By Service & Automotive After-Sales Service Market, By Parts.
Automotive After-Sales Service Market, By Service:
Based on Service, it is segmented into Repair, Maintenance, Rescue, Information Consulting, Insurance, Spare Parts, and Used car.
Automotive After-Sales Service Market, By Parts:
Based on Parts, it is segmented into Tire, Battery, Brake parts, Filters, Body parts, Lighting & electronic components, Wheels, Exhaust components, Turbochargers, and Others.

Consumer has the right to demand or even claim for compensation on pro rata basis by surrendering the product, when a manufacturer failed to provide promised service. This is where Manufacture's Extended Warranty is very useful.

THE TRUTH ABOUT IGNIS:

IGNIS is not a new product. The first generation was introduced in UK and called as Suzuki Ignis GL 3 & 5-door and, in Japan as Suzuki Swift 5-door during 2000. It transformed into different series. The second generation introduced during 2016 in Japan and 2017 in UK, & later in India. Now we have the facelift version 2020 worldwide except USA. FULL STORY HERE

Our IGNIS cars are almost like Japanese / European versions except those Front Dual Camera Brake Assistant sensors, Six Airbags, Armrest and Hybrid /4WD ALLGRIP technology, which are not yet available.
India made IGNIS are being exported to Indonesia, Africa and to all neighboring countries. Most of the vital parts like Engine, AC, even the HVAC knobs are shared across the other segments like Baleno , Vitara Brezza ,Swift, Wagon R, and more.

Don’t be carried away by rumors, do a test drive, buy and enjoy this better equipped small car if you really like it.

All the very best.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thank you very much for your response sir. You have cleared my doubts sir..Got Ignis zeta delivered today sir..Very much satisfied sir

Thread Starter #107

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
DIY : IGNIS FACELIFT
ignis facelift_02.jpg

The beautiful IGNIS Alfa UPTOWN RED with BLACK ROOF underwent a transformation in my hands. This is the car 2017 model with many Japanese parts inspired us to go with confidence to buy our IGNIS Zeta Glistening Grey.

Our well-wisher who owns this car desired to facelift to match present version’s cosmetics and also wanted almost the same accessories that I got installed in my IGNIS Glistening Grey.

I took the challenge with pleasure and did it to our satisfaction.

Of course no garage was ready to do the works in my town as it requires some extraordinary interest, and patience. Luckily one of the oldest workshop that took care of my DAEWOO MATIZ (before I left my home town to Chennai where I was blessed with my favorite Honda City car, the ALBUS) agreed.

We received a quote for Front and Rear Bumper Assy. @ OE price i.e., Rs. 16K including transport, but the cost of painting & labour became Rs.20K in addition. We had no other option, as this place Coimbatore is always expensive in everything and proceeded.

We have avoided the OE Roof Rail (Japanese Import) as it was too much expensive @ Rs.26K that also needs drilling holes on the roof.

The delivery of the OE parts took almost a month by the local authorized parts dealer, and I have planned everything before I left for Australia. On my return, I ensured the works were over and completed by adding other accessories as I did for my car.

I have brought from Australian a DA Polisher & some tools which I used for DETAILING of this car. I would like to share the detailing process in my other special thread soon.

Hope, you will appreciate the transformation. [:D]

Ordered the OE parts after studying the PARTS MANUAL, through the workshop to carry out the works. We had to change the front and rear bumper complete kit, except the existing fog lamp set :

ignis facelift_05.jpg

Process @ WORKSHOP:

ignis facelift_06.jpg

ignis facelift_08.jpg

ignis facelift_07.jpg

Added OE Door Visors (Shall write in detail in subsequent posts) AND aftermarket ROOF RAIL (Had a bad experience with this ROOF RAIL which I will share in my next post exclusively):

ignis facelift_09.jpg

Added Glossy Black SUZUKI Logos on both sides.:

ignis facelift_10.jpg

Added Wheel Decals:

ignis facelift_11.jpg

Added Door Sill Protector and OE Transparent Mats:

ignis facelift_12.jpg

Added Mobile Holder on both sides and a AMT sticker on the rear side:

ignis facelift_03.jpg

Added Exhaust Pipe Chrome Tip:

ignis facelift_03.1.jpg

Added Gel type Door Handle Scratch Protectors (shall write in detail in subsequent posts):

ignis facelift_01.jpg

AND
Added IGNIS Logo on the front and carried out complete Detailing Process:

ignis facelift_04.jpg

NOTE:
YouTube Videos which gave us some ideas:
Ignis modification | Ignis OLD Model to New Model
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelifted
Maruti Suzuki Old Ignis Bumper Change With New Facelift Ignis Bumper | Suzuki IGNIS Modified Delhi

Last edited:
Thread Starter #108

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
ALL ABOUT IGNIS ROOF RAIL:
Just shared this information for the benefit of Pre Facelift and Facelift Sigma IGNIS owners,

IGNIS ROOF RAILa.jpg

IGNIS ROOF RAIL6.jpg

When we did the transformation to facelift, we were shocked to know the cost of OE Maruti Roof Rail as indicated Rs. 26,000+, that the cost includes importing from JAPAN, labor towards drilling on the roof and water proofing by silicone paste.

We came to know that except the IGNIS SIGMA version, all others like Delta, Zeta, Alfa come with default Roof Rail. Therefore, IGNIS Sigma owners & The pre facelift model (does not have default factory fitted one) owners go with universal type of roof rail that neither suits the curved roof, nor of good quality.[confused]

Market research revealed so many designs, but none equivalent to the OE design. The one we fitted looked as OE, was found out from this YOUTUBE VIDEO and ordered for Rs.3500/-

PROS: Looked exactly like original, came with painted as OE.
CONS: Little pricy for the quality, Plastic quality could have been better. Cheap & unreliable Double Sided Tape. May not long last if the car is kept under the sun always. Available only with this seller, looks like 3D print out mould.

While fitting,
Unfortunately, the left side was not placed properly as we found out - it got distorted during transport. When tried to correct, got cracked and we were greatly disappointed. We had no other option, fixed with FEVIQUICK , masked the spot with a same color vinyl sticker, replaced the DS tape with original 3M, managed to place on the roof to make it to look almost neat & good. Followed the same sticker design on the right side also to look them symmetrical.

IGNIS ROOF RAIL3.jpg

IGNIS ROOF RAIL2.jpg

IGNIS ROOF RAIL5.jpg

IGNIS ROOF RAIL4.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #110

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

CAR WINDOW VISORS - NECESSARY OR UNNECESSARY?

IGNIS DOOR VISOR.jpg

IGNIS DOOR VISOR2.jpg

IGNIS DOOR VISOR3.jpg

I felt, the car WINDOWS RAIN VISOR is useful, be it for aesthetic or practicality reasons.[:D]

It reasonably enhances the IGNIS look (any other Car!) and serves as an extended cover for the windows against various elements such the Wind, Sun, and of course, Rain.

Many aftermarket designs are available as Plain, Logo / Graphics embossed, and also with chrome linings. But, I preferred the OE plain type as its priced reasonable for a good quality, might also be reliable for a long term use. Note: Before allowing the employee at the Dealer's Accessory shop, I first cleaned and prepared the surface / spot with IPA & MF Cloth.

PROS:
  • Reduce fog in rainy season (Allowing the windows of the car to be kept open little down in the event of light rain, we can enjoy the rain as well as ensure that the car wind shields do not fog up due to internal humidity.)
  • Reduce dust inside, while allowing you to enjoy weather outside and saves AC in a cool & clean environment.
  • Handy if you've parked in direct sunlight and want some ventilation.
  • Act as sun blockers from the side of the vehicle which can be uncomfortable to the driver or the passengers.
  • If designed properly, act as wind deflectors and reduce the wind noise inside the cabin, especially at high speeds.
  • Improves the aerodynamic stance of the car and provide an aesthetic appeal.

CONS:
1. Removing Door Visors are not easy.
2. Door Visors / Rain Visors may shake, make noise on highway driving & can fly off on high speed, if not designed properly.
3. Life is limited, may fade or brittle if made out of poor quality plastics.
4. They are attached by using Double-Sided Tape, and making it easy to fall off, if poor quality DS tape is used.
5. Careful cleaning of the inner sides required while washing the car.
6. Not everyone accepts that these extra fitting can help a vehicle’s aerodynamics and look appealing.[roll]

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member

PROS:

• Reduce fog in rainy season (Allowing the windows of the car to be kept open little down in the event of light rain, we can enjoy the rain as well as ensure that the car wind shields do not fog up due to internal humidity.)
  • Handy if you've parked in direct sunlight and want some ventilation.
Spot on.

2. Door Visors / Rain Visors may shake, make noise on highway driving & can fly off on high speed, if not designed properly.
3. Life is limited, may fade or brittle if made out of poor quality plastics.
4. They are attached by using Double-Sided Tape, and making it easy to fall off, if poor quality DS tape is used.
OE ones bought so far lasted well, while bought from accessory shops degraded and broken off in 4-5 years time. Estilo still got the 15-year-old MGA visor, still intact and unfaded. Stuck with the 3M tape that came along and still holding well. Beat also got OE accessor yvisor and nearing 10 years, also stuck with the 3M tape that came along. After-market one bought for i20 cracked in its early life and one flew off in highway speeds. Second set is completely cracked and brittle, but still on the car.

6. Not everyone accepts that these extra fitting can help a vehicle’s aerodynamics and look appealing.[roll]
For everybody else, it's poser stuff.

Thread Starter #112

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MY IGNIS GETS BETTER TWEETER SPEAKERS - PIONEER TS-S20

TS-S20.jpg

The IGNIS Alfa / Zeta version comes with a decent factory fitted Touch Screen Head unit and 6 Speakers audio system that includes two front tweeters in the A pillars.

The acoustic is good, but still I felt the need for a better tweeter to enjoy the sounds of those invisible instruments.[music]

I preferred the surface mounted Dome tweeters as it gives a wider sweet spot. I liked the new generation Bullet Series, but avoided as they need a bigger hole into the A pillars.

I don’t want tweeters in a door pointed at my legs. I preferred at ear level, on the same OE spot in my car, with the same OE wiring connection replacing the TINY stock tweeters, without fiddling the OE electrical line. Also I don’t want to damage or make a hole on the car’s claddings.

I got the time tested PIONEER TS-S20 and they gelled very well on the factory fitted Tweeter side garnish cover. I purchased extra Garnish cover @ Rs.70 from Boodmo.com as I wanted to keep safe the ones that came with the car. Carefully placed to avoid dashing against the side door glass windows and hitting against the car dashboard while closing the doors as well.[:D]

PIONEER TS-S20 performs very well and completely altered my car acoustics.

Played my favorite beats, adjusted the EQ and Fader level to suit my likings.

It’s sounding wonderful. [angel]

Please read here about my DIY in details. You will know, how could I find out the differences between ORIGIONAL- vs- COPY- vs- FAKE!
Guide: Picking Soothing Music For Soul While Driving

TS-S20.1.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #115

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@Dr MUDHAN AS an audiophile, I would like to know, which track you use for testing your speakers sir?
Thanks Dear.

I have not used any particular Audiophile Audio Track for testing SPECIFIC SONIC ELEMENTS.

But could feel the difference in them before and after replacing this tweeters when I played some of my favorite Instrumental / Song tracts.

I have indicated in my post HERE some of those music (Oriental Instrumental Reggae ton Type Beat) which can be thrillingly enjoyable / reflects everything we need to know about the set up's high frequency response.

Out of curiosity, I also tried these YouTube videos to test my new car audio set via Bluetooth Mode..

The Ultimate Tweeter Test

Speaker Sound Test - Bass/Treble/Pan & Vocals

I am happy about the new tweeters performance, from treble to bass/voice to the way they handle rhythm and dynamics.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

PS: I have also posted this conversation in my thread @ TAI (The Automotive Library) for the benefit of readers. Thank You.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #116

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MY IGNIS GETS THE 'BLACKSTAR' MAGNETIC MOBILE HOLDER

I never thought for a need of a mobile holder as my OE head unit has a practical infotainment system with ANDROID AUTO.
But …
The issue with AA, I need to connect the only USB port that is available, sacrificing my favorite music while driving as I have to pull out the pen drive.[sad]

As I want to use the GOOGLE MAP sometimes, I felt the need of a good MOBILE HOLDER.

Tried various mobile holders and mostly displeased by their unreliable holding quality, blocking the air vent or windshield view, reflecting a cluttered dash top by their bulky design.

Honestly I was sceptic about the magnetic one, but tried, it surprised me by satisfying my expectations.
I preferred either one of these two based on the enormous amazon review BLACKSTAR @ Rs.599/- or
SKYVIK @ Rs.799/- but felt expensive / whether worth spending.

I know, everything sourced from CHINA and rebranded as MAKE IN INDIA.

First I tried a similar looking one priced reasonable @ Rs.329/- FASHION STORY MOBILE STAND but disappointed & returned.

I tried again another one as its returnable the BLACKSTAR, felt happy and retained.

PROS:
Small, cute & nice appearance, Excellent quality, Neat packing and presentation, Space saving, tried on bumps / speed breakers -retained its position. Provided with Extra Adhesive Tapes for future Re-Use. Has warranty, and returnable within 7 days. (My Mobile- Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 @ 160 gram)

CONS:
Expensive. Need to be pasted on a clean flat surface (3 inches) preferably on Plastic, metal and ceramic surfaces. Dashboard with dots, self-design, curved surfaces may not hold it properly (may be a need to use a different adhesive).

NOTE: Proper preparation of mounting surface required- selecting the right and convenient spot, cleaning with IPA, giving enough bonding time and removing/repasting to be avoided. While detaching the mobile it should not be pulled out directly, just to rotate downwards and can safely, easily be detached from the silicone surface of the magnetic holder. I pasted the metal plate on the back of the mobile cover by using 3M original DS tape. VIDEO GUIDE

Mobile holder.jpg

mobile holder 2.jpg

mobile holder 3.jpg

Just Shared. Thank You [:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #117

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
My MARUTI SUZUKI IGNIS completes one year!

IGNIS_2.jpg

It’s a year over, since then this cute little car joined our family on 30th July 2021. [:D]

Though we miss our magnificent ALBUS, the Honda City, we have no regrets in owning our new Maruti Suzuki IGNIS - AMT.

Honestly, I love the peppy performance & smoothness of the engine, easy to drive and parking.

I made this car as fresh, unique and appealing by little cosmetic changes.

Here, I just shared the pictures, my NEXA service experience; also about what I added new accessories during her first Birth Day!

IGNIS_1.jpg

IGNIS_4.jpg

THIRD FREE SERVICE:
  • Engine Oil, Filter & Gasket Replaced.
  • Brake, Gear oil, Coolant and Windshield Washer all checked.
  • ECM & Battery checked.
  • Tyres Rotation & Wheel Alignment done.
  • All Electrical lines checked.
  • General checkup, Trial Run done.
  • Grease applied over hinges and specified areas.
  • Vacuum cleaning interior done
  • Shampoo body wash done.
  • Applied Dash & Tire polish.
I was happy and brought back home, restored all my accessories which were removed before sending to service like pen drive, personal things in glove box, all special mats, charger, tire valve special caps etc.,

Cleaned the car exterior with Proklear waterless shampoo and applied a coat of Formula 1 car wax.
Done!

TYRES ROTATION & ALIGNMENT:

IGNIS_6.jpg

DRAINING OUT THE OLD ENGINE OIL:

IGNIS_7.jpg

MANY IGNIS CARS FOR SERVICE:

IGNIS_8.jpg

NEXA - SEE THROUGH LOUNGE:
IGNIS_9.jpg

NEW ACCESSORIES ADDED:

The service manager was very kind, helped to remove the OE Fan control knob so that I could replace with the aftermarket one (READ HERE FOR FULL STORY) as I desired earlier.

Also added Body Side Chrome Moulding Trim - that enhanced the look (over running board) and protect doors.

IGNIS_3.jpg

IGNIS_5.jpg

It’s a beautiful day to go after your dreams…
Bye! [drive]

Thread Starter #118

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MARUTI SUZUKI IGNIS TAIL LAMP UPGRADE

SUZUKI IGNIS 1.jpg

I really loved the IGNIS Concept Style Matrix Led Tail Lights available in India, but…

They are all custom made, smoked & modified OE tail lamp assembly and the cost is prohibitive @ around Rs.15000.

What I did,
I upgraded the OE Halogen bulb - 1157 BAY15D P21/5W to Led, and it really become beautiful.

It’s Brighter, more Reddish and make the tail lamp housing Sparkling. (Picture here actually not justifying what I see, you must see it in real time!)

Fortunately, I could purchase in Australia a better, high quality one that could really make a difference.[cheers]

It’s also available in FLIPKART, India at present, but not sure about the quality and also expensive.

This is the same bulb specification of Brake Lights for many Maruti Suzuki models in India. Check your spec if you are interested.

Read here about my previous research to understand the effect of Red vs White lamps inside a Red Tail Lamp Housing. [;)]
GIVE ME RED!

SUZUKI IGNIS.jpg

SUZUKI IGNIS 3.jpg

SUZUKI IGNIS 4.jpg

SUZUKI IGNIS 5.jpg

Bye, see you soon with another post !
[drive]

Very nice sir.
Is it easy to detach the tail lamp assay? Is there any difference in the heat produced by bulbs between OE Halogen vs this Led?

Thread Starter #120

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CAR LED BULBs : THE LUX -Vs- HEAT

Is there any difference in the heat produced by bulbs between OE Halogen vs this Led?
Thank you.

ABOUT REMOVAL
  • It is not difficult, provided if you have T SPANNER 10 MM or Combination Spanner 10mm. You can get the steps by watching these videos.
  • VIDEO 1
  • VIDEO 2
(I had little difficulty , as I had to make a jerk clock / anticlock wise while removing the OE bulb socket in one side but managed)

ABOUT LUX -Vs- HEAT
  • There are two important things to be noted while replacing a LED Bulb for Braking / Parking combination – the LUX and HEAT.
The LUX is important to signify and alert while Braking, as Braking illumination must be significantly brighter. Many cheap LED bulbs fails in this aspect.

Next, the HEAT – Generally the OE incandescent bulb reaches higher (Nearly 170 degrees Celsius when both filaments are burning) than LED ones. Poorly constructed LED bulbs might go more, even melt during hot summer.[evil]

Therefore, it is prudent to buy higher quality LED bulbs. Please go through this VIDEO to get a thorough idea.

The bulb similar to my above one tested here in this video is earlier version. What I got, is an upgraded one, satisfies my need safely.[:D]

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:

Top Bottom