Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

That's not the LED Driver. That's the only one unit fixed outside and I found as Dip/Dim controller. I have removed and took photo on the reverse side, identified as ' HID Dim/Dip Controller. That picture indicates both side of the same.
However I got clarified for my queries, shall share soon.
Thank you, Again.
OK, its pleasure sharing information with you. Good luck.

Thread Starter #62

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
IGNIS HEAD LIGHTS – ZETA TO ALFA UPGRADATION.

Continues …

This DIY write up continuous with a good intention to anyone who is interested to upgrade their headlights in their car irrespective of the type of car that they own.
I am sure, it would be useful for such a car enthusiast as I did in-depth study, also discussed with our senior forum members, explained the doubts and intricacies on both plus and minus sides.
One thing I felt, it would be always better to get the version of the car that satisfies you instead of aftermarket fitments and taking risk.

I know, for a car enthusiast this is sometimes inevitable as what happened to me.[lol]
But, I am happy that I have learned many things and could share for others in this forum,which one cannot find anywhere else.

My only request, please read line by line all my write ups over this topic so that it would make you to completely understand. Right?

I AM SUMMARIZING EVERYTHING FOR EASY UNDERSTANDING:

1. The original wiring harness in Alfa Model has independent connection in the Right and Left sides. Note the special multiple wires Plug Socket that is not a regular three pin type. See Image Here.
IGNIS 1.jpg

2. The LED Bulbs inside the housing particularly inside the Projector lens are not of a removal design like the aftermarket. They are multiple diodes embedded on a mother board and the Projector lens is specially designed to focus the beam.
See the Baleno Alfa image and video link here.

IGNIS 2.jpg

3. The DRLs are also of high quality design with its own Driver / Heat sinks inbuilt and inside.
See the Baleno Alfa image and video link here.

IGNIS 3.jpg

IN MY CASE:

4. The Seller utilized the original IGNIS Alfa lights (Factory Seconds - GOD ONLY KNOWS that how he gets them for every car!)) reconfigured the wiring EXTERNALLY by adding a DUAL HEAD LIGHTS DIP/DIM CONTROLLER in the battery side of LEFT HEAD LIGHT by connecting the OE 3 PIN PLUG there and left unused the RIGHT SIDE OE 3 PIN PLUG.

(DUAL HEAD LIGHTS DIP/DIM CONTROLLER is to be connected with original LEFT head light three pin plug (Hi Beam, Low Beam and Common) that will control the shutter inside both of side projectors for Hi/Low Beams, by the original switch attached with the steering wheel. This type of wiring harness ensures plug and play, no OE wire cutting[:D].)

Note: No LED Driver / Heat sink is kept OUTSIDE in the new model Alfa Led Head lights. The externally attached Ballast can only be seen in some HID models of Head lights in some versions of Baleno as in the picture that I posted earlier.

In my next write up, I will show what all I purchased from Amazon.in and how neatly I have done by taking into all safety precautions.

See you later.[drive]

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Thread Starter #63

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
IGNIS HEAD LIGHTS – ZETA TO ALFA UPGRADATION.
Continues …

COMPLETE – DIY- PROCESS:

As I have already Shared /Described some of the steps carried out, and without repeating the same, would like to summarize FINALLY here:

1. Removed the Battery terminal, first Negative and then Positive.
2. Removed the front bumper along with grill fully after carefully removing the Fastener Clips / 10mm bolts from Top, Down and Fender sides, also after detaching Fog Light couplers. (Safely kept all the Fasters and Bolts)
3. Removed the Headlights from both sides after removing those three 10mm bolts and by detaching parking light / indicator light couplers.
4. Made ready the wiring harness in the aftermarket ALFA headlights Right and Left sides RESPECTIVELY by checking all the inputs with my old Laptop 12V adopter, insulating neatly with Polyolefin tubes.
5. Installed the new lights in their respective position and connected the center points as it is a dual head light controller setup. And the joints were neatly insulated, covered with black poly sheet for neat looking and more water proofing, tucked inside the frame.
6. The Parking and DRLs 'Dim while HL- ON' connections connected to OE Parking coupler by simply inserting and insulating it without wire cutting at both sides. Covered them and the right side unconnected 3 PIN with black poly sheet to protect from water & hide them.
7. Connected the Main Battery terminals, along with positive and negative wires of the DIM/DIP Controller at the LEFT side HL, also negative of the DRLs. to Battery.
8. Connected the 3 PIN coupler to Left side HL, provided via controller.
9. Checked the HL DIM/DIM and parking – Okay.
10. Opened the engine side FUSE BOX, identified the ACC as at the Blue wire, neatly inserted the DRLs Positive, carefully covered and closed the lid. (Please note, this has to be done while engine is OFF and also the Ignition ACC position as well to ensure the DRLs should be ON only when the IGNITION is in ACC mode or while Engine is running. Found, everything okay.[:D]

PLEASE FOLLOW THE PICTURES / DIAGRAM / VIDEOS HERE FOR PROPER UNDERSTANDING.

IGNIS.jpg

IGNIS 2.jpg

IGNIS 3.jpg

IGNIS 8.jpg

IGNIS 5.jpg

IGNIS 4.jpg

IGNIS 7.jpg

TOOLS HELPED ME IN THIS PROCESS:

1. T- SPANNER – Required to remove the hidden HL holding bolt after removing the front Grill / Bumper shield.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00T0QWN0U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. 10 mm Spanner/Wrench – Required to remove all the bolts from top, bottom and fender sides.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B082WGQL1B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. 8mm Spanner/Wrench – Required to adjust the IGNIS HI/LOW vertical beam
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B082WGYLV7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. Though it is Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tube, I used to cover the different colored wires neatly and for a good insulation.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07P1DJG11/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. Black Polyolefin Heat Shrink-Tube Sleeve, I used to cover the more wires together neatly and for a good insulation.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B074P885LC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6. Rivet Fastener Mud Flaps Bumper Fastener Fender Clips helped to secure against broken, loosened ones.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01AG97RYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7. Universal Blade Fuse Holder, used for In-line fuse, check the diagram posted here. The fuse holder has 30A fuse, but plastic quality is not transparent as expected, the fuse is not visible. I have replaced from spares in the OE Fuse box.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01HRCZPIA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IGNIS 1.jpg

VIDEOS HELPED ME IN THIS PROCESS:

Bumper Removal:

Anatomy of OE ALFA (NOT FROM IGNIS) Headlights:

Packed and safely kept the OE ZETA Headlights.
OVER! [:D]

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Very detailed job.
Very laborious job.
Very well done as well as well written job. Only few people can do like this.
Thank you for sharing with us.

Ps. Your black polysheat is very close to superheated headers with out any heat shield in between. It might worry you.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #65

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Ps. Your black polysheat is very close to superheated headers with out any heat shield in between. It might worry you.
Thank you very much Doctor for your heartfelt appreciation and for the gentle word of caution.
Though in the picture it may look like that but they are away only.
However, I will look into it & find out for alternatives.

Thread Starter #67

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES:
MY IGNIS GETS ARMREST!

Car Armrests are considered as a significant automotive accessory that increases the comfort level while driving,especially useful in Right Hand Driving cars!

IGNIS ARMREST 1 .jpg

I remember, how I did wooden Armrest for my HONDA CITY ALBUS when no such thing was available in the market. I could make it as I had an in-house carpenter in the staff training college.
PLEASE DON'T MISS TO READ / REFER: MY ALBUS: HOME MADE ARMREST

But, now a day it is difficult to catch a Carpenter in urban areas as they are either too busy or not even keen to take up minor works.

I wanted to add an OE armrest for my IGNIS, but it’s not available in INDIA though available abroad. I am not interested in Chinese Make Plastic Universal type as it needs drilling and noted for rattling sounds and rough surface in the storage area by the users.

Fortunately, custom made wooden armrest are available now online, but most of them are of poor workmanship and totally different from what they show in the pictures.

First one @ Rs.999/- I ordered from amazon.in was meant for TATA ZEST and returned.
Second (Replacement) One @ Rs.999/- found that it was made in hurry, pasted with hot melt glue gun, of very poor workman ship and returned.

LINK: Kingsway Custom Fit Wooden Console/Arm Rest for Maruti Suzuki Ignis

Finally, the Third one though expensive @ Rs.1500/- appeared to be acceptable.

LINK: Autoskulls Custom fit Wooden Car Arm Rest 2.0 Console with glass holder for Maruti Suzuki Ignis (Black)

MY OBSERVATION: IGNIS ARMREST - BETTER BUT NOT BEST!

PROS:
  • Little better design than others available in the market.
  • Better finish than others available in the market.
  • Nicely fits in IGNIS
  • Better Packing & Shipping
  • Easily placeable towards front or rear according to our convenience.
CONS:
  • Pricy for Rs.1500, now 10% discount available that I missed.
  • Inner black lining should have been provided to avoid scratching of fiber console
  • Finishing needs improvement for this price
  • Ordinary foam used on the arm rest part which shows some undulation. Memory Foam/Latex foam would have been nice.
  • You need to adjust the position according to your convenience- need to push backward and sacrifice original cup holder in the console, if you want the Hand break Lever easily accessible.
I pasted a lining material inside for avoiding scratches on the original console and also on the inner side of the box lid with round cup holder(!) to mask the improper finishing.

MORE PICTURES:

IGNIS ARMREST 2.jpg

IGNIS ARMREST 3.jpg

IGNIS ARMREST 4.jpg

IGNIS ARMREST 5.jpg

IGNIS ARMREST 6.jpg

IGNIS ARMREST 7.jpg

IGNIS ARMREST 8.jpg

AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES:

MY IGNIS GETS SEAT BEADS!

PROS: Firm, Good Quality, Plain Black as preferred by me, Comfortable, beads are thick and also good quality string used.
CONS: Little paint smell for a day. One or two beads are not in full shape.

LINK: Wooden beads acupressure car seat cushion cover

Last edited:
Thread Starter #69

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES: PORTABLE FAN FOR THE CAR!

I always felt for the need of a CAR FAN while sitting inside the car waiting for someone, as I don’t want to tax the car by switching on the AC while idling/parked.

Air from car blower is not really comfortable always as it is warm/hot.

I personally feel that IT’S A MUST HAVE to keep a really functional portable fan in the car. Many designs are available, but most of them are just toys and, or of poor quality.

Recently when I happened to visit a DMART Store, I picked up a beautiful fan, about that I would like to share with you all.

It’s only Rs. 479/- and ensures aesthetics and functionality in equal measures. Also, the add-on READING LIGHT feature makes it admirable & instantly likeable.

IGNIS CAR.jpg

IGNIS CAR FAN.jpg

The same fan is sold in Amazon India for Rs. 949/-
ARTH-ENTERPRISES Rechargeable Fan with Night Light, White

AND

I feel, this one from GM Brand is also a LOVABLE ONE by its design (Without Light) as the fan blade /grill size is the same like the one that I bought i.e., 14 cms., you can try if you like.

IGNIS CAR FAN 2.jpg

GM Handy Air USB Rechargeable Fan
Handy Air is 14cm Mini Fan comes with 2000 mAh Li-ion battery and USB Cable.

Honestly, this kind of a fan is really useful not only for the Driver, also for all especially for the rear passengers when they feel less AC. Also, an useful gadget while sitting outdoors.

You may be wondering why I am talking about a portable fan when the days now are towards winter,
MY DEAR, please note, it may not be available when you are in summer or needed.[;)]

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES: PORTABLE FAN FOR THE CAR!

I always felt for the need of a CAR FAN while sitting inside the car waiting for someone, as I don’t want to tax the car by switching on the AC while idling/parked.

Air from car blower is not really comfortable always as it is warm/hot.

I personally feel that IT’S A MUST HAVE to keep a really functional portable fan in the car. Many designs are available, but most of them are just toys and, or of poor quality.

Recently when I happened to visit a DMART Store, I picked up a beautiful fan, about that I would like to share with you all.

It’s only Rs. 479/- and ensures aesthetics and functionality in equal measures. Also, the add-on READING LIGHT feature makes it admirable & instantly likeable.

View attachment 290182

View attachment 290183

The same fan is sold in Amazon India for Rs. 949/-
ARTH-ENTERPRISES Rechargeable Fan with Night Light, White

AND

I feel, this one from GM Brand is also a LOVABLE ONE by its design (Without Light) as the fan blade /grill size is the same like the one that I bought i.e., 14 cms., you can try if you like.

View attachment 290184

GM Handy Air USB Rechargeable Fan
Handy Air is 14cm Mini Fan comes with 2000 mAh Li-ion battery and USB Cable.

Honestly, this kind of a fan is really useful not only for the Driver, also for all especially for the rear passengers when they feel less AC. Also, an useful gadget while sitting outdoors.

You may be wondering why I am talking about a portable fan when the days now are towards winter,
MY DEAR, please note, it may not be available when you are in summer or needed.[;)]
Where do you plan to mount it with safety? It should not move around.
Car already has blower. I know you said hot air comes out but still. This reminds me of Ambassador. There too it was bolted securely on the b pillar or on the dashboard. If you keep it unsecured it will be a hazard on braking.

Thread Starter #71

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Where do you plan to mount it with safety? It should not move around.
It’s a simple, weightless PORTABLE handy fan. Can be kept inside the glove compartment if space permits (IGNIS permits) or inserted into the front seat back pocket cover. To be used only when needed as a portable one and secured properly when not used. I gave the earlier picture, keeping on the rear seat over tissue box to make understand the exact size.
I will not recommend mounting in anywhere inside of our AC cars as it will spoil the aesthetics.

IGNIS GLOVE BOX.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #72

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES:
MY IGNIS : LED CEILING DOME LIGHTS

IGNIS 4.jpg

The IGNIS OE Dome Light is fixed at the front Driver/Passenger side is not having enough illumination and I tried to replace with a WHITE LED bulb purchased from amazon. Somehow, I am not satisfied with its bluish tint and felt no warming up of the mood in the black interiors.
IGNIS 2 .jpg

Finally, I used the led spare lights which are purchased long before for my Honda City.
You can read how I made the pair HERE in my ALBUS thread.
IGNIS 3.jpg

Available in AMAZON
I liked the illumination and checked for heat radiation over the plastic lens and felt it’s okay. I must ensure that the dome lights are in off mode while rendering the car for service.

ALSO
-added a SPECIAL MAGNETIC READING LAMP from a reputed /reliable brand for the convenience of the rear passengers.
First time I purchased from a New Indian Online Site as it is available almost for the same price as at AliExpress.
The buying experience was good .
IGNIS 5.jpg

It’s a beautiful design, renders enough warming illumination but I will not recommend for those who expects a brighter cabin light.
IGNIS1.jpg

May be you can try THIS if you need an additional dome light with white, brighter illumination.

Bye for now [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #74

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Carplus.in has been there for more than 10 years.
Actually ‘NEW’ I meant as new to me to purchase from them, may be my sentence is misleading.[:D]
Thank you, Noted.
I missed to tell one important thing about the aftermarket magnetic dome lamps, the double side sticker (supposed to be 3 M) is useless, will not be affixing with the roof soft carpet material. I pasted a Velcro strip and managed it.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
"May be you can try THIS if you need an additional dome light with white, brighter illumination."
I ordered two for my brezza and the figo . Weirdly , the double side tape easily stuck to the brezza's roof liner and not the figo.
These are indeed helpful since maruti didn't give front dome lights in my brezza's vdi model.
Maruti Suzuki Brezza VDi AMT: Ownership Review

Top Bottom