Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
AFTER MARKET ACCESSORIES:

SHARKFIN ANTENNA:

IGNIS SHARK FIN ANTENNA.jpg

Shark fin Antenna in a car is not a toy. It has its own science. We discussed a lot here @ MY NEW HONDA CITY IN WHITE - THE ALBUS , that is my previous car thread.
IGNIS comes with a roof mounted rubber OE one. No doubt, it is very good and functional; but, they are not theft proof, and prone for damage.

I was searching a SHARK FIN antenna for IGNIS, based on my priorities:
  • Black & Good finishing
  • Match the roof surface and accommodate Maruthi Suzuki Antenna base as they are bigger than Hondas.
  • On par with the OE Antenna reception @ no compromise.
I had to buy only from India as no more possibilities @ AliExpress, decided to try with Amazon.in - accept or return option.

My previous experience and analysis ensured that I should go only for Spring Type and not for the PCB fancy type of internal components.

I ordered @ Rs.510/- the one meant for INNOVA, and found it exactly matched with my expectations, though the shell quality needs improvement. It is an Indian GALIO Brand with a spring type connection.

Procedure adopted:
  • First checked the reception quality of all the FM 1 stations with OE antenna, selected the weakest channel.
  • Removed the OE antenna and found the weakest channel stopped sounding.
  • Removed the spring connection from shark fin shell, attached it to car antenna base, found that the weakest channel sounding exactly like, with OE antenna. Also noted when I raised the spring little up the sound reception improved.
  • Prepared the Shark Fin antenna: Removed the useless double side tapes and replaced with 3M one. Cleaned the shell interior and fixed the spring to the top bend to raise as possible and secured with glue gun.
  • Kept the shark fin antenna on the car rooftop, after cleaning the area with IPA gauze that came with the antenna. Made marks with white crayon pencil at the right position and taken out.
  • Removed the double side tape lining material, carefully taken to the roof side, secured the connection nuts on the car antenna base, and fixed the antenna on the marked lines after pressing / holding for a minute. ( it’s always better to warmth the spot by using a hair dryer before pasting)
All Over !
Note , the Antenna got firmly fixed, but if you see with a macro vision you can note the rubber lining of the shark fin antenna has some gaps but not noticeable.

IGNIS SHARK FIN 1.jpg

IGNIS SHARK FIN 2.jpg

IGNIS SHARK FIN 3.jpg

I did not feel any reception difference and felt happy. [:D]

IGNIS 2021.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
EXPERIENCE SHARED - AFTER MARKET ACCESSORIES:

7D FLOOR MATS (Fake “Coozo" brand)
Our aftermarket purchase of 7D Mats has its own story that I like to share here.

On my search, I came to know about them in an ownership review appeared in another forum and were attracted, ordered from that seller as recommended. Unfortunately, I was shocked to see the packing when it delivered by the courier and unhappy - a Delhi local make of different brand name – ALTIMATE ([frustration]) and a disappointing quality. Stitching and outer appearance were okay but reverse side of the top up noodle foot mats are of very poor quality, of cheap rubber. The lock buttons were of poor quality, some are already broken. Somehow managed to set to appear better.

Mistake: I understood that these are fake products, as COOZO has no such mats. I could not return and paid Rs.3700 including shipping. Amazon is full of these mats for all vehicles with a Returnable Option (if you do not like it) for a little more than this price. In addition, we need to be careful to ensure it is not meddling with the foot pedals.

Note: 1. We did not want to do full PVC linings over the original fireproof floor carpet in the car as we have decided to go for an easy to remove aftermarket 5D / 7D mats. The idea is, whenever the vehicle goes for service, we can remove those 3D mats and send the vehicle with smaller foot mats. Otherwise, the cleaning boys carelessly handle them during service; leave grease stains, dry under the scorching sun, and fry them curled…. 2. As I informed earlier here, the dealer provided the carpet foot mats, which we returned, as they are difficult to clean and not moisture /odor proof, and got the transparent one.

IGNIS1.jpg

IGNIS2.jpg

IGNIS.jpg

IGNIS4.jpg

Thread Starter #39

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
EXPERIENCE SHARED - AFTER MARKET ACCESSORIES:

FLASHING THIRD BRAKE LIGHT
The importance of third brake light cannot be ignored.
This Safety Brake Lamp or High-Level Brake Lamp / the Third Brake Light helps fellow drivers in knowing when we hit the brakes. It is also useful when other vehicles interrupt their view of the left and right brake lights.

A5.gif

I wanted to make it flashing as I did it for my previous car ALBUS. Fortunately, I had a spare flasher unit that I purchased from AliExpress long back. This time I was very careful in fiddling with OE wires. I was not aware to remove the black cover, as I did not know how the inner clips are holding the cover. My gentle pull never yielded any result. I did not want to break any clips inside. I saw one YouTube video where the owner cum Automobile Enthusiast does for his Celerio Car. I just contacted him, he responded immediately, advised me to pull the cover downwards, I did it with success. I am thankful to Mr RAGESH @ MG AT EXPLORE for his timely support.
I removed the LED unit, found the + & - pins, carefully inserted the wires by properly separating with a piece of plastic sheet as divider to avoid electrical short-circuiting, rooted through the flasher unit.
I did not get compatible coupler for the OE weatherproof connectors, so just carefully inserted the wires, sealed with Glue_ Gun and protected with insulation tape. Ensured the original wiring can be restored at anytime in future if needed.

IGNIS A.jpg

IGNIS B.jpg

NOTE: We can add even this BIKE flasher unit, as STROBE units are not easily available now a days.[sad]
Clip.jpg

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
I did not get compatible coupler for the OE weatherproof connectors, so just carefully inserted the wires, sealed with Glue_ Gun and protected with insulation tape. Ensured the original wiring can be restored at anytime in future if needed.
Male and female clips are available of almost all OE sizes, can be crimped easily and we get a true plug and play connection without the worry of loose contacts.

NOTE: We can add even this BIKE flasher unit, as STROBE units are not easily available now a days.[sad]
Strobe units got rechristened as highway flashers in millennial terms. Available on Amazon and all freak biker parts store, starts from around 250, I think, with multiple switchable patterns and normal strobe effect.

Thread Starter #43

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
EXPERIENCE SHARED :

AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES: STICKERS & DECALS

The easy way to personalize a car is affixing Stickers and Decals. For me, they should be unique & very special, match the car design, subtle and not flashy.
It makes the owner to feel - IT’S DIFFERENT!
Fortunately, some good quality logos are available in Amazon India. I purchased and did the following:
1. IGNIS – 3D subtle chrome ABS plastic logo in the front LINK
2. SUZUKI - 3D glossy Black ABS plastic logo in both sides of the door LINK
3. PETROL – Custom made Vinyl Sticker on the Petrol Tank Lid
4. AMT ZETA – Custom made on the back side, on a chrome background
5. ALLOY WHEEL DECALS – Custom made on all the four wheels.
The custom made stickers as per my specifications were made by an excellent sticker shop near by my home (MODERN STICKER SHOP @ 9943056888). I told them to keep the soft copy; IGNIS owners can get online from them if interested. The wheel stickers were pasted on the wheels with help of hot gun for long lasting.
IGNIS C.jpg

IGNIS B.jpg

IGNIS A.jpg

EXPERIENCE SHARED:

AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES: MAJOR UPGRADE!
I did a major upgrade to my IGNIS. That’s a long story to share with you all … Just wait for some time.
Meanwhile, just guess from this picture- what could be it is! [lol]

IGNIS 2021.jpg

Last edited:
AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES: MAJOR UPGRADE!
I did a major upgrade to my IGNIS. That’s a long story to share with you all … Just wait for some time.
Meanwhile, just guess from this picture- what could be it is! [lol]
You have installed DRL inside headlights or replaced to new headlights which has preinstalled DRL. It is looking nice and would like to see night time pictures. [:)]

Stickers are also looking nice. I have also affixed few stickers to my car recently (bought from Maya stickers) and will post pictures soon.

Last edited:

Top Bottom