Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

Thread Starter #1

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CARS OF MY LIFE – THE IGNIS 2021

“It’s better to be unique than the best, because , being the best makes you the number one, but being unique makes you the only one.”

Time flies & makes each moment count…
Now, a new car in my life – The IGNIS 2021 !

IGNIS.gif

This is our FIFTH CAR.
First one ( 1989 – 1991), a used white PREMIER PADMINI came into our lives to take care of our new born baby girl whenever we moved amidst the mist of Ooty, The Nilgiris.
Second (1992 – 1998) , the white PREMIER PADMINI DELUX with bucket seats provided by my organization United India Insurance Co.Ltd.
The Third one (1999 – 2012), the silver DEWOO MATIZ provided by my organization after five years..
On my elevation to the top management cadre, my organisation provided me the Fourth one (2013 -2021) MY PRIDE that introduced me into this forum and made many indelible memories -
My Honda City in white - The ALBUS.

IGNIS 1.jpg

IGNIS 2.jpg

THE DECISION
The decision for the fifth car came out unexpectedly in a very short period as we really planned to wait for a small automatic electric vehicle when the technology becomes stable in India. However, suddenly I thought that it would not be worth waiting for an indefinite period at this age of mine @ 65+, and wanted my wife to drive an automatic car as she wished, decided to go for it.

Today’s traffic congestion, parking problem, difficulties faced in my left leg while pressing clutch after the quadriceps tendon surgery all contributed towards this decision.

The choice was limited - small to medium size automatic, comfortable road vision for my wife, and better headroom for me as I am 6 feet tall and, definitely more than 165 ground clearance in our present road conditions.

She liked IGNIS during her drive of our family friend’s Alfa version, so selected IGNIS over Maruthi Celerio and Tata Tiago.

This time, as it is the first car for my wife, I have left everything to her choice. Went for Zeta Glistening Grey.

YOU MAY LOVE!
We liked the car; the design has been well carried as it features a retro look but with a modern touch. The IGNIS is built on a new platform, which is 30 percent stiffer and 15 percent lighter. It looks almost same like her international counterpart, though could not be fully compared, as there they are better equipped with front Dual Camera Brake Assistant sensors and hybrid technology.

YOU MAY HATE!
Some may not like its old-school boxy design … Love or Hate, the IGNIS demands attention. It does offer quirky looks - unique expression of your being in the world!

LIKED
- Unique Design, much attractive in 2020 model.
- Good Driver’s View: Few blind spots.
- Peppy four cylinder 1.2 L engine: Does not feel underpowered for an AMT, also with smooth manual transmission.
- Short turning circle: Makes maneuverability easy.
- Easy ingress and egress:
- Roomy cabin: Acceptable rear legroom.
- Decent ride quality and handling: Suspension takes care of the body-roll and uneven surfaces quite well.
- Effective AC: Cools the cabin down reasonably.
- Reasonable fuel efficiency

NOT-SO-LIKED
- Dual-tone interior theme that accentuate airiness, but pure white may not suit in our Indian conditions.
- Stiff suspension though guard against body roll, needs careful driving over speed breakers.
- Steering too light to deliver much feedback, but better in 2020 version.
- Adjustable driver’s seat is available only in top-end.
- Rear seats: Positioned upright, may not be comfortable to everyone.
- The factory fitted tires Bridgestone Ecopia are Noisy and puncture prone:
- The old Windshield Spray Nozzle type on the bonnet warrants careful monitoring in salt-water area, as they tend to trigger rusting.
- The HVAC knobs are outdated in all other version except Alfa, which has a digital AC climatic control.

Of course!
The standard list is impressive, especially on the safety front. All derivatives come with dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX anchorages, seatbelt pre-tensioners with force limiters, rear parking sensors and seatbelt reminder for front occupants.
Zeta version is value for money, despite missing LED-powered projector headlamps and DRLs, automatic climate control and a rear-view camera and driver seat adjustment.

To me, the IGNIS is also a choice for someone who is planning to purchase the first car.

YES!
Yes, I did some extras to personalize our IGNIS in my own way, which I would like to share with you, just wait please!

Thanks and Regards
Dr MUDHAN

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1640583794328.png
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
images.png

BROWSE & FIND FAST:
1. I have designed this first page to help through INDEX for providing maximum possible information , as many GUEST READERS come to this thread searching for some information.
2. Please read my Threads / Postings in larger displays like TAB / LAPTOP / DESKTOP to enjoy the efforts in full.
3. Kindly join with our family by becoming a member of the TAI for better interaction and, learning from each other.[cheers]

IMPORTANT : Please check at the LINKS whether any AFTER THOUGHT CORRECTION indicated so that you may note down my experience that warranted a change later.

DISCLAIMER: I reiterate, the information provided here by me and our well-wishers are of our feelings, our experience, with a good intention to help each other.
It's my request that if anyone likes to adopt any DIY here should never compromise the safety of driving.

IGNIS 2021A.jpg

My IGNIS.jpg

A
PAGE 1 CARS OF MY LIFE – THE IGNIS 2021 INTRO
PAGE 1 THE PROCESS AND SELECTION OF ACCESSORIES
PAGE 1 IGNIS STEERING ISSUE
PAGE 1 ACCESSORIES AT DEALER'S SPOT - IGNIS REAR VIEW CAMERA PRECAUTIONS

B
PAGE 2 IGNIS (INDIA) ENGINE DISCUSSION
PAGE 2 ACCESSORIES AT DEALER'S SPOT
STEERING COVER
SEAT COVER
DOOR SIDE CLADDING
FOOT MATS
3D BOOT MAT
REAR WINDSHIELD LINE CHROMIUM GARNISH

C
PAGE 3 AFTER MARKET ACCESSORIES:
SHARKFIN ANTENNA
7D FLOOR MATS
DIY -
FLASHING THIRD BRAKE LIGHT
STICKERS, WHEEL RIM DECALS
MAJOR UPGRADE - ALFA HEAD LIGHTS

D
PAGE 4 IGNIS HEAD LIGHTS – ZETA TO ALFA UPGRADATION & DISCUSSION

E
PAGE 5 DIY HEAD LIGHTS ZETA TO ALFA HOW I DID IT (AFTER THOUGHT - Ignore the Yellow Wire (No.6) meant for dimming as it didn't work for me, that is why I added extra switch)
PAGE 5 MY IGNIS GETS ARMREST!
PAGE 5 SEAT BEADS!
PAGE 5 PORTABLE FAN
PAGE 5 LED CEILING DOME LIGHTS

F
PAGE 6 BUMPER CORNER PROTECTORS (AFTER THOUGHT - I removed later as didn't like them)
PAGE 6 THE UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTH OF CAR CUSTOMISATION
PAGE 6 CAR HEAD UNIT SOME VIDEOs & AUDIOs PLAY ISSUES SOLVED! (Maruti Suzuki Infotainment)
PAGE 6 AFTERMARKET CAR SWITCHES FOR DRL
PAGE 6 CAR DUSTBINS
PAGE 6 FLOWING SEQUENTIAL TURN SIGNAL INDICATORS for IGNIS
PAGE 6 IGNIS : MODIFIED AC FAN CONTROL KNOBS
PAGE 6 IGNIS vs PUNCH

G
PAGE 7 MAGICIAN F835 Car OBD2
PAGE 7 MAGICIAN F835 - ENGLISH FIRMWARE UPGRADE
PAGE 7 My Maruti Suzuki Service Experience
PAGE 7 How To Clean & Disinfect Car From COVID-19
PAGE 7 CAR SILENCER MUFFLER TAIL PIPE CHROME TIP
PAGE 7 IGNIS @ DUBAI / UAE
PAGE 7 CAR COMPASS
PAGE 7 CAR MOBILE HOLDER
PAGE 7 CAR DOOR SILL PROTECTORS
PAGE 7 IS IGNIS TO BE DISCONTINUED?

H
PAGE 8 DIY : IGNIS FACELIFT TRANSFORMATION
PAGE 8 ALL ABOUT IGNIS ROOF RAIL
PAGE 8 CAR WINDOW VISORS - NECESSARY OR UNNECESSARY?
PAGE 8 MY IGNIS GETS BETTER TWEETER SPEAKERS - PIONEER TS-S20
PAGE 8 MY IGNIS GETS THE 'BLACKSTAR' MAGNETIC MOBILE HOLDER
PAGE 8
My MARUTI SUZUKI IGNIS completes one year! / THIRD SERVICE / BD GIFTS ( CHROME DOOR SIDE PROTECTORS)
PAGE 8 MARUTI SUZUKI IGNIS TAIL LAMP UPGRADE

I
PAGE 9 IGNIS DOOR HANDLE CHROME COVER
PAGE 9 3D LICENSE FRAME PLATE HOLDER
PAGE 9 CAR CIGARETTE LIGHTER SPLITTER
PAGE 9 AGS vs AMT – CAR PARKING DIFFERENCE!
PAGE 9 MY IGNIS GETS AN ENGINE COVER EMBLEM !
PAGE 9 MY IGNIS DOOR DAMPING DONE
PAGE 9 AUDIO UPGRADE WITH MOREL MAXIMO 6 MKII COMPONENT SPEAKERS!
PAGE 9 Some Snapshots of My IGNIS …
PAGE 9 GOT A DASHCAM - NEXDIGITRON A3!
PAGE 9 WIPER REPLACEMENT – EXPERIENCE SHARED!
PAGE 9 MAKE A TRY! ECSTAR AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHAMPOO

J
PAGE 10 MARUTI SUZUKI IGNIS 2023 WITH NEW SAFETY FEATURES!
PAGE 10 AFTERMARKET CAR DOOR CHROME HANDLES
PAGE 10 RF COMMUNICATION ISSUES - ANSWERED
PAGE 10 CAR DOOR OPENED WARNING LIGHTS
PAGE 10 50K+ VIEWS, THANK YOU ALL!
PAGE 10 CAR FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTS PART I & II

K
PAGE 11 IGNIS REAR LICENSE PLATE LED BULB REPLACEMENT
PAGE 11 WHICH COLOR OF THE CAR/ IGNIS IS THE BEST?
PAGE 11 IGNIS MILEAGE: UNBIASED REAL TIME FIGURES
PAGE 11 IGNIS: PAST- PRESENT & FUTURE
PAGE 11 SUZUKI IGNIS – ULTRA PREMIUM 7D FLOOR MATS (AUTOFORM*)
PAGE 11 MY OPINION: IGNIS STIFF RIDE QUALITY !
PAGE 11 SUZUKI IGNIS TYRE UPSIZING: THE PROS & CONS!

*CHECK HERE, for all my other threads [cheers]

Wait for more, please !
Music Rhythm Lights
My Car Perfume
Why Car Clock?
My New Decals

LIFE HAS NO SPARE
Be Safe & Drive Safe! [drive]
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Congrats on your new car! You have made a very practical choice.
One query please: does the steering centre itself after a U-turn automatically or not. In the older version which I drove, It had this weird behaviour, of maintaining the turn even after the turn was complete. I heard they improved upon this steering behaviour in the newer versions.

@Dr MUDHAN
“It’s better to be unique than the best, because , being the best makes you the number one, but being unique makes you the only one.” 100% true statement.
Best decision. Technology meets unique style. Later on I will list you out what are the latest and best technologies involved in your car.

Congrats on your new car! You have made a very practical choice.
One query please: does the steering centre itself after a U-turn automatically or not. In the older version which I drove, It had this weird behaviour, of maintaining the turn even after the turn was complete. I heard they improved upon this steering behaviour in the newer versions.
Still this phenomenon there I hope Suzuki wantedly programmed EPS and the design in such a way.

Thread Starter #7

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Good Day!
I am thankful to all those who recorded their appreciation by rendering their ‘LIKES’

Absolutely love the photos of our unforgettable fiats
It is great to know dear that you have joined the forum from Australia. Yes, those are unforgettable memories and the beautiful childhood days of yours at Ooty, the Queen of hills.

@ Akash1886 @ Dr Mayank Dixit @Farhan @Suryaputhra
My life is so blessed with some of the most endearing people. Thank you for being part of my journey and for making me feel comfortable.

One query please: does the steering centre itself after a U-turn automatically or not.
It is true, 2017 IGNIS had this issue, where steering does not return automatically. As Maruthi could not do much, some even upsized the tyres to manage some extend.
As I have driven 2017 model many times on a long distance; practically this does not create any issue with driving and if one used to it.
I heard, cars like WagonR StingRay, EON had such issues.
However, from the 2020 – upgraded / facelift version it is definitely better (Please see the videos below) but not completely solved as pointed out by Suryaputhra.

Thread Starter #8

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
THE PROCESS AND SELECTION OF ACCESSORIES:

The Process:
The Process was handled well by the RM Mr. Prasanth of Ambal Nexa,Coimbatore and we could get some discount- Maruthi Discount for the Month @ Rs.10K and the Dealer offered @ Rs.5K ( Free fitting of OE Rear Camera), apart from RM’s promise for Rs.7K towards Brand Migration Discount for which I am still waiting as I need to submit the transfer RC document of the previous Car.

Selection of ZETA version
The Zeta comes with many OE fittings worth about a lakh if done after market (that is only available in the top end Alfa) at the cost of Rs. 30K over Delta Version. We avoided Alfa version as it costs a lakh more; of course, that includes some beautiful extra fittings.

IMG-20210719-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20210719-WA0030.jpg

Extra Accessories- OE
We preferred the OE Basic Kit that includes Door Cladding, Designer foot Mats, 3D Boot Mat excluding some items like Perfume, USB charger and Mud flops (unfit for Zeta and Alfa version).
Also added OE Steering wheel cover, Seat Cover, Rear Window Garnish and Rear View Camera as extra at the Show Room.

Extra Accessories- After Market
I have also done light detailing of the car's paint surface, added LED Bulbs, some body stickers, wheel stickers, so called 7D Floor Mats, Shark Fin antenna, DRLs, etc.

I will share soon one by one about my Experience, DIY and some of my mistakes that can be avoided by others.

IGNIS 1.jpg

IGNIS 2.jpg

IGNIS 3.jpg

IGNIS 4.jpg

IGNIS 5.jpg

Last edited:
Steering return is not mandatory in automotive design or terms. Some manufacturers take a note of this and include in design some not. Some feel great driveability with Suzuki phenomenon at high speeds and corners.

Thread Starter #13

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
I would like to share my OBSERVATIONS and, MISTAKES which could be avoided while selecting the OE Accessories.
I trust this information would be very useful for not only the IGNIS buyers, but also everyone who are looking for OE Accessories for any car that they prefer.

First
RV CAMERA:

I was very disappointed to note the fitting of OE Rear view Camera in my IGNIS Zeta by the Dealer.

They made a hole in the rear bumper. Display colors are not vibrant and the safety lines are floating over the ground level.

I really do not know why Maruthi encourages their Dealers to damage a brand new car by creating a hole in the rear bumper to fit a camera, when there is a provision nearby license plate ( as in top end version) for a Surface Mount / SNAP FIT. [frustration]

Those LEDs lights around many of the cheap aftermarket cameras are just a gimmick. They are cheap Chinese make which are not having IR LEDs and only capable of 90 degree view. I have learned after wasting lot of money over this in my previous car and finally found a good camera for it (1.READ & 2.READ ). Actually, a good CCD with proper Aperture / Lux is capable of giving a best display without the need of LEDs.

Regarding this OE Camera that fitted in my car, it is the S-Presso model. We pay almost 5K for such a camera, which is neither a very good performer like the original in the Alfa version nor a value for money. Fortunately, the camera is okay @ 170-Degree viewing angle, and in night mode, it has an IR sensor built in, and which makes it manageable while reversing the car.

Mistake: I should have gone for an aftermarket Snap Fit Type/ Surface Mounted CCD type, and for a better resolution one with couplers to attach OE HUD after my personal check of it's performance. I leant now, even the OE CCD RV Camera for XL6 Car is a snap fit type and cheaper which the dealer could have installed without damaging the rear bumper.[evil]

IGNIS 2021 A.jpg

IGNIS 2021 C.jpg

IGNIS 2021 B.jpg

Last edited:
Really sad to know, ASS of MSIL is not like earlier. Someone should stand there to observe work. Does your manual recommends 0W16 or 0W20 engine oil.

Top Bottom