Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

Thread Starter #91

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MAGICIAN F835 Car OBD2 Smart Upgrade Series

* MY IGNIS GOT IT [:D]

F835.0.jpg

Why I like it:

I am fond of car HUD - Heads Up Display.
I love to keep some gadgets that makes the car interior unique. Some make me happy and keep me in good mood. Love to keep the one that neat and cute, reflects subtle, Beautiful illumination.
But, I don't like to clutter with many which make the dashboard messy. I love the DIGITAL SPEED DISPLAY that is missing in IGNIS.
Reading ECU parameters is not difficult for me as I have done enough research with my previous car HONDA CITY.
I am not comfortable using HUD GPS APPs in MOBILE or on REFLECTIVE SCREEN. There is always data discrepancy between GPS & Actuals.

My search online resulted to know more about the MAGICIAN F835.
It's a mini Car Computer, Plug Play, Displays Real Time Data, Track car health, provides abundant information that helps to prevent before a breakdown & Alarms help for self-control.

I am a casual hobbyist, don’t require too much ECM data. I preferred it as I love those colorful Digital Speedometer display, Welcome / Bye Bye smooth animations, customizable beautiful colors and the set Alarm Alerts. This is not a professional scanner, but it is cool.

IGNIS.gif

F835.1.jpg

F835.3.jpg

F835.2.jpg

F835.4.jpg

READ MORE for advanced knowledge:
1. MY CAR HUD - HEADS UP DISPLAY
2. MY CAR HUD - HEADS UP DISPLAY
3. MY ECU / ELM 327 -OBD II SCANNER
. What is OBD2
5. ECU / ECM FACTS (Video is useful despite unknown language)

REAL vs FAKE - How to be careful from the fake ones:

CAUTION:
In MODERN CARS, the ECU / ECM, Engine Control Unit/Module is the brain that controls every structure of the car. It’s a robust complex electronic component board.
One must be careful with this kind of Car ECM Reader Gadgets as they directly communicate through Car OBD2 plug and, any Gadget with substandard components may damage the CAR ECM, and also drain out the Battery as it has to be plugged in always.
The OBD2 interface implements several different data buses with different voltage levels. Telematics OBD2 device that always plugged_ in as advocated by some insurance companies abroad is not advisable as network hacking may lead to security breaches & ECM conflicts.
Only reliable, independent devices made of high quality components even if plugged on always are safe.
After careful and extensive analysis, I selected the Magician F835.
Magician is one of the oldest brand, become very reliable due to their continued R&D, providing with quality components and software. Their F835 model is very popular among car enthusiasts.
Unfortunately, many other Chinese firms started producing poor quality copies / fake ones by copying the design and part of their software which are floating on different labels with or without GPS, but looking alike example AKIRA, ACECAR, OBD2, HEADS UP DISPLAY, SMART DIGITAL METER, AP6 etc.,

Original MAGICIAN F835 and LUFI XF REVOLUTION (Costlier, provides more data & customization) are two of very few reliable ones.

Please check here also before you buy: REAL vs FAKE
Check this video: LINK

F835.6.jpg

F835.7.jpg

AND,

F835.5.jpg

How to source the Genuine one?

Finally, I could source from this gentleman at Delhi who is kind, a trustworthy car enthusiast after I am inspired by his own video: VIDEO LINK
I could get it from him for a better price as its ranging from Rs.7000 to 8000 depending upon the USD value & Shipping cost. You can contact Mr. VINNY (SILENCER GARAGE @ 9810346167) for the present market rate if interested.
(After knowing that I am an Honored Member of TAI, he took special interest and sent to me by ProPremium Air courier immediately. Only think I felt that he should have put the original box inside a safe extra box so that I would have got the original box fresh & neat without brown parcel tapes, external damages. Fortunately, no damage to the gadget)

You can also check from this seller before buying VIDEO LINK
Please note, this gadget is expensive to buy from AliExpress or from Amazon India directly at present.
( You may check the highlighted links)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FOR INFORMATION------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Features:
Magician Multi-Function Plug and Play OBD2 Digital Gauge Meter [MODEL F835]
Multi-style interface & Universal fitting with all cars with OBD2 protocol
Adopt 3.5 inch Clear LED screen, resolution 480*320 * Screen, adjust the screen brightness automatically, day and night.
Reads the real-time data stream, scan and clear trouble codes.
Peak alert setting, supports water temperature warning, over-speed alarm, vehicle malfunction warning etc., for safe and secure driving.
12/24 Hr. Clock, Battery voltage, provisions to correct viz., Screen Display, Inaccurate Speed, fuel consumption if required & more.
PC / USB provision for software & firmware updates

Specifications:
Hardware: CPU based on ARM STM 32-bit F4 TDK .
Inbuilt USB storage for updating firmware.
Operating voltage: 9 -18V DC
Operating current: <500mA
Sleep current: <1mA
Operating temperature: -20 - 70℃

Installation:
1. Find the car's OBD data interface, under the driver's side dashboard
2. Start the vehicle and keep the engine running
3. Connect the vehicle OBD interface to the meter with the OBD cable
4. The product displays the boot animation, recognizes the protocol, and then the meter starts to display normally
5. Fix the product and hide the cable.
6. Installation is completed.
7. Optional – Go to setting for setting the clock, alarm as you want on RPM / Speed etc.,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM MY EXPERIENCE, PLEASE NOTE:
I am happy and comfortable by placing the gadget on the left side of OE Speedo/Odometer, as I felt it can be viewed by all in the car. It can also be kept at the right extreme if preferred. I have also noticed no significant battery drainage as it’s a new car. Its advised, if the car is parked continuously for more than two weeks, better we can unplug the cable from Car OBD plug for safer side. Please note, if unplugged for few days, you may have to reconfigure the device as you customized before as there is no inbuilt battery to remember. Therefore, it is better to note down your preferences, particularly the color codes.

CHECK in the OE instrument cluster:
  • It is better to move the car first time in the day after warming up the engine as indicated by disappearing blue temperature symbol.
  • Always note the appearance of Amber colored engine management warning light that should disappear after engine starts. If it continues that indicates something is wrong.
  • Error codes may appear in the scanner if there is any fault. If not cleared by basic procedure, it warrants professional help.

How to update the latest firmware?
The default FW Version: Mother Board Driver 1.7 & English Software 1.32
Latest FW Version: Mother Board Driver 1.10 & English Software 1.38

I have learnt many things, especially how to upgrade / update the latest firmware and make it the BEST ENGLISH VERSION. Nowhere such guidance is available online.
I will share in my next post. [cheers]

Please Wait! [drive]
MAGICIAN F835.gif

Last edited:
Thread Starter #92

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

MAGICIAN F835
CAR OBD2 SMART UPGRADE SERIES
How to update the latest firmware?

• Always use a virus free Laptop/Desktop
  • Go to their original website: MAGICIAN-TECH 魔术师科技
  • Scroll down and select these two Latest : 1. Mother Board Driver - F8 Motherboard driver update V1.10 English & 2. English Software - F8_OBD_V1_38_ENGLISH Upgrade (See Pictures Below) to download files, and the downloaded folders will be in zip format.
  • Connect the Magician F835 to computer via given micro USB cable to open in Windows Explorer and it will show like this in Pictures Below in USB mode. Please note, the Magician Gadget acts as a USB storage and show the OE/Default contents. Select all and make a Backup copy for safer side, place into a new folder & rename as ORIGINAL FW BK, zip it.
  • Now, you have 3 zip files in a safer place.
  • Unzip those 3 zip files to respective folders.
Folder 1, the ORIGINAL FW BK will be the base file.
Folder 2, the latest mother board driver, copy it’s all contents and paste / over write it to folder 1.
THEN
Folder 3, the latest English software, copy it’s all contents and paste / over write it to folder 1.
  • Finally, the folder 1 contents are updated to latest, rename it as LATEST FW.
  • Open windows file explorer, delete all the contents of Magician USB storage.
  • Copy the contents of newly created folder- LATEST FW. to Magician USB storage.
  • Check the contents, Eject and Remove the USB Gadget MAGICIAN F835.
  • Connect the Gadget to car OBD2 port as guided in the previous post as Installation Procedure. You will hear a click/click transfer sound, be patient and notice the black screen opening in to the new software version. During this time, please note that the car must be running without interruption to ensure power supply.
  • Now, you will see more interfaces, and the earlier car opening & leaving animations are missing.
  • Don’t worry, go to the setting and select ‘0’ in the animation menu, set your car logo, clock time, alarm indications…you are done.[cheers]
  • Go to setting, scroll to correction, check your car engine cc and correct if required. Generally, there will not be any discrepancy in mileage, speed or RPM, if so, can also be corrected.
  • To select your car logo, press the dial after the log details appears at the end, and to change colors in your favorite interface, after selecting the interface, press to configure the colors. Note down both the default and your fav. color codes for future reference.

PICTORIAL GUIDANCE:

Magician A.jpg

Magician B.jpg

Magician C.jpg

Magician D.jpg

Magician E.jpg

Magician F.jpg

OVER [:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #94

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
My Maruti Suzuki Service Experience
IGNIS 2020.jpg

I would like share my First & Second Free Service experience with Maruti Brand as I have switched over to them from Honda.

In general, I feel that service for a well maintained but sparingly used car without any issues is not always pleasant. Because
  • I need to carefully remove, to extend their life, all my extra accessories as for as possible which includes, Chargers, Pen drive & Memory Card, any aftermarket electronic gadgets, special 3D/7D mats, emptying the dicky by taking out the Umbrella, Tyre Puncture kit, Inflator, Car duster and Car cover, emptying the Glove Box and Armrest storage by taking out the Emergency Kit & light etc., also my tyre valve special caps from the wheels. (Except the Car Manual and the God idol)
  • Whatever best service offered, I need to clean the car after receiving it with my own waterless shampoo, cleaning the water marks on the glass, cleaning the finger marks if any, removing excess wax at the door hinges, and waxing the car as early as possible to restore the gloss.
Anyhow, it is inevitable that I know.

I always book my car as FIRST APPOINTMENT, personally take to them after my retirement and drive back. It’s love to watch there how cars are maintained by people.
IGNIS 1.jpg

IGNIS 2.jpg

My First Service was good - general checkup and wash. I could see that they checked up the oil, coolant levels and functioning of electrical. Charged 0, as free service. The Service Advisor explained about Maruti’s MCP – Maintenance Cost Protect scheme which I felt reasonable and opted by paying Rs.6622.00

IGNIS 3.jpg

My Second Service was also good, even the service advisor asked whether the car need to be washed as it was in a show room condition. Charged 0, as free service.
But, this time, three things made me to get upset[sad] which you can know by reading the WhatsApp message (Refer Picture below) that I sent to their GM. The General Manager immediacy apologized by sending a reply, next day their Quality Manager contacted me and wanted to meet in person to apologize and promised to replace with a new Owner’s manual once received from Maruti as they have placed an order. I appreciated their extra ordinary courtesy and said personal meeting is not required.

IGNIS 4.jpg

That’s the story for now, see you Bye.[drive]

Last edited:
I have read your thread page by page, right from your buying experience, modifications and till to your service experience. It’s really useful to us as we have booked our IGNIS Alfa 2022 and waiting with excitements. There are in YouTube so many IGNIS owners started their posts but nothing is exhaustive and complete like yours. Thank you Doctor Mudhan for sharing very valuable information to newbies like us.
I have two questions, please reply if you never mind. Are they not doing while servicing cars the sanitation protocol during this pandemic time? Why don’t you publish some YouTube videos so that many will come to know and make it useful?

Thread Starter #96

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
There are in YouTube so many IGNIS owners started their posts but nothing is exhaustive and complete like yours. Thank you Doctor Mudhan for sharing very valuable information to newbies like us.
I have two questions, please reply if you never mind. Are they not doing while servicing cars the sanitation protocol during this pandemic time? Why don’t you publish some YouTube videos so that many will come to know and make it useful?
Thank you for your kind appreciation and encouragement.
To answer your queries:
  • Good that you asked. They do sanitize the car during service at the cost of the customer and charge around Rs.250 to 350 depends upon the size of the car. But, I tell them that not to do as I am not happy with their procedure. I would rather prefer to do it myself at home as it works out cheaper, better and effective. I will make a detailed post soon explaining how I do. It may be useful to others.
  • Honestly, I am not keen on YouTube publications as I am very comfortable in writing my threads in TAI and in my personal Google’s www.blogger.com in a relaxed manner. Actually, long before during 2012 I have started a channel for my threads in TAI (Especially for my Honda City thread), to store and provide links to some of my DIY videos.
I did some videos recently to make the likeminded people to come to TAI (TheAutomotiveIndia.com), and to make them known about our potential threads & posts. These videos are still in bacterial stage and not become viral…[lol] ha ha.

One such video is this:

Thread Starter #98

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CAR SILENCER MUFFLER TAIL PIPE CHROME TIP
MY IGNIS GOT IT!

Clip_5.jpg

I wanted to enhance the rear look of my IGNIS to appear better, I did few things. One such is adding a silencer muffler tail pipe chrome tip. I did earlier some analysis in detail for my previous Honda City car whose link I have given at the end for more information.

Why the tip is bend downwards & water drops in the morning?

Before buying/adding, I wanted to clarify two doubts as I need to select a right, compatible chrome tip accessary.
  • I found, now a day the car exhaust tip is not straight, made bend downwards:
I understood, the main consideration is not given to reduce the gases or pollutants, but to avoid blowing it on another person’s face. True, the point is to provide comfortable state for the vehicle following us from back. If exhaust is released in parallel to ground, then it will travel more distance and will disturb the driver at our back.
  • Also, I wanted to know why water is dripping out while starting the vehicle first in the morning hours as the chrome tip should allow it to drain out. :
Released hydrocarbons get converted to carbon dioxide and water: This is the water that we see from the silencer. Generally, water evaporates in the form of steam: but in the morning time it is condensed due to atmospheric temperature.

As my doubts are cleared, I made my check list to buy one:

• Preferred a OVAL design to match the rear view
  • BEND tail tip, around 50 to 60mm inner diameter
  • The DESIGN should not block or revert the flow of exhaust gas.
  • The SIZE shouldn’t hit any part of car body during usual vibration, shouldn’t touch the bumper as heat can melt it.
  • Better to have a drain hole to avoid stagnation of water drops & rust.
  • No to LOUD or PERFORMANCE exhaust
Got it from Amazon.in @ Rs. 498/- LINK
Clip_3.jpg

MORE ABOUT SILENCER MUFFLER CHROME TIPS
LINK 1 LINK 2

BONUS INFORMATION:
I was surprised to note the evolution of car silencer accessories, especially when I saw these videos about remote controlled VALVETRONIC EXHAUST SYSTEM & Universal SPITFIRE LED CAR EXHAUST tip [:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #100

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Wow sir your car is looking amazing. Can I buy this car in Dubai. If you have some information about Dubai car market then please help me. Thanks

I am glad, you liked my IGNIS car.

Thank you for joining with us in this beautiful forum , I understand you are from ITALY and presently working in DUBAI. Also noted that you own a BMW.

I found, there are few SUZUKI dealers in UAE, and these two appears to be more useful to you.
CARSAKI
YALLAMOTOR

IGNIS DUBAI UAE.jpg

Kindly note, I have customized (I won’t say it as modified) my car with some extra accessories to my liking without tampering the originality as what I did are always reversible.

I wish your dream come true and enjoy this cutie.

Please do share your new car photos and keep visiting.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
I am glad, you liked my IGNIS car.

Thank you for joining with us in this beautiful forum , I understand you are from ITALY and presently working in DUBAI. Also noted that you own a BMW.

I found, there are few SUZUKI dealers in UAE, and these two appears to be more useful to you.
CARSAKI
YALLAMOTOR

View attachment 293136

Kindly note, I have customized (I won’t say it as modified) my car with some extra accessories to my liking without tampering the originality as what I did are always reversible.

I wish your dream come true and enjoy this cutie.

Please do share your new car photos and keep visiting.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thank you for providing me a good information.

Thread Starter #103

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CAR COMPASS

Our IGNIS got it [:D]
Sometimes, we love to visit some interior places where we can see few water falls, old temples, landscapes and real places of tranquility, away from the congestion of population where neither the Google Map works nor you get mobile data signals. When you ask the locals about roads & spots , they always say the routes referring the four cardinal directions. Therefore, we felt a need of a CAR COMPASS to enjoy such mini adventures.
Recently, we added to our IGNIS this one, purchased from AMAZON India.

IGNIS 2022.jpg

PROS: Good Quality, almost perfect, suitable to place in the car & Cheap @Rs.298.00

CONS: 1. Marking are not exactly like the picture advertised, may be a first Chinese copy, but acceptable. 2. This is not specifically designed for a car, may be a hand held and universal type. A real car compass will work in the opposite direction and show where the car heads. This one shows the direction @ from we move. It’s okay for the price.

CAR MOBILE PHONE HOLDER

Our IGNIS got it [:D]
We felt little difficulty to keep both of our phones at a time as IGNIS center console space is not enough. We don’t want to keep on Dashboard or in the door pockets as it results in movements and scratches. Therefore, purchased from FLIPKART this wall mount holders @ Rs.228/- for 4 Nos. and pasted at the sides of the center console. Added a small layer of grey EPS Thermocol bit to hold the phone firmly.

PROS: Served our purpose as expected. Has provisions for charging cable to get inside at the bottom, not interfering our leg movements. We used the Black ones for the car & the white ones for Home AC remotes.
CONS: 1. Quality of plastic is average, not exactly like as the picture advertised, may be a Chinese copy again [sad] 2. Double side tape is okay though not a real 3M.

IGNIS 2022.2.jpg

IGNIS 2022.1.jpg

Bye, [drive]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #104

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CAR DOOR SILL PROTECTORS

My IGNIS Got It.[:D]

IGNIS 2022.jpg

CAR DOOR SILL PROTECTORS - vs - CAR DOOR SILL SCUFF PLATES

I just wanted to protect MY IGNIS door sill areas from scratches & from looking bad as it is common to notice in most of the cars.

I don’t want to fiddle with car wirings (OE Track line has fire protection insulation) and have extra illuminations at the door entrance, so AVOIDED - LED SCUFF PLATES.

I don’t want to create rust with metal non illuminated scuff plates as happened in my Honda City [frustration] , AVOIDED- STAINLESS STEEL SCUFF PLATES.

Therefore, I preferred CAR DOOR SILL PROTECTORS which will never rust, nor bang with door, but will serve the purpose.

Purchased from AMAZON @ Rs.180 and did a DIY., after seeing this VIDEO.

IGNIS 2022,1.jpg

IGNIS 2022,2.jpg

PROS: Cheap, Good Quality, Protects and enhances the look at that areas & add to the aesthetics of the interiors. Being Vinyl, can be removed at any time without any damage to the painted surface.
CONS: It requires little skill and a heat gun / hair dryer to get a better finish especially over curved areas. Doesn't stick on non-metal, plastic claddings, so that need to be removed & reinstalled. We may notice some bubbles, pricking with a pin help to vanish them. Please Note: It is sold as universal size, may not fit all cars,may be we need to customize with a local sticker shop.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #105

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
IS IGNIS TO BE DISCONTINUED?

SUZUKI IGNIS.jpg

I am interested in buying maruti ignis..But news is that it may get discontinued this year..Is it wise to buy this car?.Will there be any problem regarding spare parts & service in future if it will be discontinued?.Kindly help me
I do not see buying an Ignis would put you in any sort of a problem, even if the car is discontinued. It's a product by Maruti Suzuki, the largest car manufacturer in India, with a lot components shared with other models as well. Apart from cosmetic and model only parts, your routine requirements should not be a problem for the next 5-7 years at least. For more confidence, ask the Sales Manager to introduce you to the service advisor and have a word with him, maintain a rapport as well. He would be able to provide a heads-up on the part availability.

Dear Doctor Himasagar
Welcome on board,and joining with us, a wonderful family of like-minded personalities.

Dear, who said that the IGNIS is to be discontinued?
It's misconstrued with Google Search for IGNIS Diesel that has been discontinued in India long before for various other reasons.

INDIA CONSUMERS ACT PROVISIONS:

As per Consumers Act in India, the licensed manufacturers of any product say, like Cars or Electronics have to take care of the end users both during warranty period as specified and further at the cost of the consumer at least for a period of 6 years. It is called Automotive After-Sales Service Market, By Service & Automotive After-Sales Service Market, By Parts.
Automotive After-Sales Service Market, By Service:
Based on Service, it is segmented into Repair, Maintenance, Rescue, Information Consulting, Insurance, Spare Parts, and Used car.
Automotive After-Sales Service Market, By Parts:
Based on Parts, it is segmented into Tire, Battery, Brake parts, Filters, Body parts, Lighting & electronic components, Wheels, Exhaust components, Turbochargers, and Others.

Consumer has the right to demand or even claim for compensation on pro rata basis by surrendering the product, when a manufacturer failed to provide promised service. This is where Manufacture's Extended Warranty is very useful.

THE TRUTH ABOUT IGNIS:

IGNIS is not a new product. The first generation was introduced in UK and called as Suzuki Ignis GL 3 & 5-door and, in Japan as Suzuki Swift 5-door during 2000. It transformed into different series. The second generation introduced during 2016 in Japan and 2017 in UK, & later in India. Now we have the facelift version 2020 worldwide except USA. FULL STORY HERE

Our IGNIS cars are almost like Japanese / European versions except those Front Dual Camera Brake Assistant sensors, Six Airbags, Armrest and Hybrid /4WD ALLGRIP technology, which are not yet available.
India made IGNIS are being exported to Indonesia, Africa and to all neighboring countries. Most of the vital parts like Engine, AC, even the HVAC knobs are shared across the other segments like Baleno , Vitara Brezza ,Swift, Wagon R, and more.

Don’t be carried away by rumors, do a test drive, buy and enjoy this better equipped small car if you really like it.

All the very best.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:

Top Bottom