Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

Thanks for the advice Dr.mudhan

Got 5 new tyres for ignis Yokohama bluearth gt ae51 and 4 alloys of Swift zxi.have driven 100km till now feedback is good, steering feel is on heavier side.

Car feels more stable on highways no sideways movements noticed till now.

Dr.Mudhan how can I contact you personally??

Thread Starter #198

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
HOW I SOLVED MY WINDEK TYRE INFLATOR ISSUE!

CAR PUMP.jpg

CAR PUMP 2.jpg

My WINDEK 1902 tyre inflator (Picture 1) purchased from then eBay during November 2017 had no issues so far whenever I used to check and inflate my car /two-wheeler tyres once in a month.
Unfortunately, the cigarette lighter power male socket plug got broke recently.
I didn’t want to spent again for a new Pump as I found the AIR PUMP is functional as usual when I checked with battery directly.

The only issue, I need to replace the cigarette lighter power male socket plug.
I did a mistake, as I found the spring inside a new male socket connector burnt & melted when I tried to use another male socket (Picture 2) that was my spare removed from Ambient Light installed earlier. It could not handle such load /Ampère.

Fortunately, I found an article by CRACING in our TAI forum and noted that how he could solve the same issue.

When I searched, I found in Amazon a solid cigarette lighter power male socket plug that can handle a 10-ampere car air power pump.

I tried to solder the wires, didn’t use the led indicator, changed the fuse to 10A instead of 15A that came with it as the OE fuse for the cigar light socket is 15A.

It is really good, with copper spring and heavy-duty metal plate and served my purpose.

I am just sharing, as I feel, it might be useful for those who need a good quality cigarette lighter power male socket plug.

Please Note, there are many online sellers differently priced / modified its design (Picture 3) ; this ONE (Picture 4 ) comparatively cheaper. Better designed and returnable.

Last edited:

Top Bottom