Career Options in the Automotive Field?

Start A Career in Automobile Industry

Hi!!
I have completed my BBA and currently pursuing MBA (Distance Education) from Delhi and i want to start my career in automobile industry!!!!

If anyone is aware of any openings according to my qualifications in any of the Automobile company.
then Please. let me know.!!

Thank You !! [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just left my job (was working in a good placement consultancy) fifteen days back & have decided to do a job/ business only in CARS & nothing else.

So doing a lot of homework & still exploring all options. I recently made a Video Shoot of my car & took it to a couple of news channels (regional ones here), they were impressed but not interested :(

I wont leave any stone unturned. Hoping for something good in cars :)

better look for some marketing jobs in aoutomotive industry through some contacts. Approach small companies if not having much contact. Gain experience for sometime, then gradually switch from small to big then bigger companies.

Off topic ,

Everywhere its just papers that speak and not the interest.

i did get a job in manatech electronics , phew!

service engineer - exports.

at least in garage equipments manufacturer.

@ss80

all the best wishes.
a small advice - though i hate to hear one!

any business you do with your passion , just register and pay some tax etc. that is the experience certificate in case in future you are back to job.

i didnt and i suffered a lot in last 6 months!

After almost a year full of restoration, cars, lambretta, car sales. I have given up now, I am short of cash, full of loans. I am looking for a normal job (no where connected to passion) that pays me enough to clear loans & gets me bread & butter. I learnt it the hard way, passion is not respected at all places.

Trust me people like us (Auto enthusiasts) cant work in profit oriented companies(filled with non passionate people) in our own field. I am back to attending interviews, this time with a clear reason - earn money, save money, buy a used car again & start restoration, not expecting any miracle/any good times/any good auto job any more.

A lot of money is required to succeed atleast in the initial stages. I am just satisfied that atleast I tried, instead of carrying a feeling always that "had I been in auto industry, I would have been very successful". Learnt so much in the last few months, also understood what all I need to learn more, now hard to accept that I have to sit back.

Last edited:
After almost a year full of restoration, cars, lambretta, car sales. I have given up now, I am short of cash, full of loans. I am looking for a normal job (no where connected to passion) that pays me enough to clear loans & gets me bread & butter. I learnt it the hard way, passion is not respected at all places.
Hey! Please do not get disappointed. Its been just a year that you've followed your passion. Only a few ones like you get opportunities or circumstances to follow the passion, do not let this go away.
A 9 to 5 office job will make even more disappointed few years down the line when you would derive no mental satisfaction form the work. Please try harder, do what you like, slowly and steadily make it your profession. I know its not easy.
If you want you can start new thread and tell us specifically what all hindrances you are facing, so fellow members can help you pursue your passion.

Hi Anand,

As rightly said by rightnow, its just an year, do not lose your passion go away. Its needless to be in an automotive industry and have a career, as long as you have a passion in yourself and find sometime for the loved ones(cars/bikes) thats more than sufficient. So, please take it as an experience and good times are always there to come.

Hello all,
I too am interested to work in the Auto sector, but due to the demands of degree and lack of vitamin M I am unable to join any company or start my own work. I was working with an IT company and I also left my job for the same reason (automobiles), as in my job I was always on tours away from my home and my car. I was working in my friend's garage just to learn more about cars. He didn't gave any salary but I earned (max 6k per month) by selling custom amplifiers, stereos, and audio setups, DRLs, underbody lightings and custom LED tail lamps. But now he sold the land and is shifting at a farther distance.
Once I talked to the manager at a MASS for a job there. He told that minimum ITI is required and the salary is 8k only.(for mechanic) As I have proper schooling and fluency in english I could also get the job of PR (the person who test drives the car with customer and discussed the problems, etc) So if I qualify ITI and work in the mass I'll get a max of 12 to 15k(for PR).
My friend who owns the garage earns a minimum of 20k per month (after paying the workers etc) But if I think of establishing a garage, I'll have to arrange for at-least 1 lac.
Now after shifting of the garage I am again back to IT job search and govt exam preparations [cry]. So that I can save money for establishing my own garage.

These 6k to 12k is sufficient till date i am dependent on my parents and I am not married.
BUT is 12k sufficient for a family-man [confused]

Anand, don't loose heart these are the stumbling block's which you have to pass, i know it's easier said than done, but knowing you any other job won't keep you happy even though if the money is good.
You have immense passion and talent, keep working hard go on a small scale basis one vehicle at a time and i am sure over a period of time everything will fall into place.

Hello all,
I too am interested to work in the Auto sector, but due to the demands of degree and lack of vitamin M I am unable to join any company or start my own work. I was working with an IT company and I also left my job for the same reason (automobiles), as in my job I was always on tours away from my home and my car. I was working in my friend's garage just to learn more about cars. He didn't gave any salary but I earned (max 6k per month) by selling custom amplifiers, stereos, and audio setups, DRLs, underbody lightings and custom LED tail lamps. But now he sold the land and is shifting at a farther distance.
I am sorry I couldn't figure out the qualification that you have, but I would suggest you to pursue more education, at least a graduate degree. It can be in automobiles, mechanical engg. or any other field, but you should gt higher education.

I am sorry I couldn't figure out the qualification that you have, but I would suggest you to pursue more education, at least a graduate degree. It can be in automobiles, mechanical engg. or any other field, but you should gt higher education.
Hi,
I have completed my graduation but from Arts Stream (Economics and Psychology). In my school days I was not good in Chemistry and Mathematics so I had to choose Arts stream in class 12th. I had science in class 10th. After graduation I have done CCNA and MCSE (computer hardware/networking) and my job was related to networking/servers and CCTV cameras.
Now the only option I have for automobile related education is ITI (Diploma). As due to arts stream graduation I cant pursue Btech.

Hmm Thanks a lot people. I searched a lot, but could not figure out why in Bangalore there are no CAR RESTORATION shops/ classic car restoration kind of centers at all. I see garages, paint booths, used car dealers & that's it. May be our market & people are yet to truly start loving cars. For most of them (except for people like us) at the end of the day, a car is a tool, used to travel from A to B.

Hmm Thanks a lot people. I searched a lot, but could not figure out why in Bangalore there are no CAR RESTORATION shops/ classic car restoration kind of centers at all. I see garages, paint booths, used car dealers & that's it. May be our market & people are yet to truly start loving cars. For most of them (except for people like us) at the end of the day, a car is a tool, used to travel from A to B.
Same here (in Lucknow) Anand Bhai. There's no specific restoration shop and about most of the people here they only want good fuel economy and trouble free driving. I know people who don't get time to fill coolant and use only water. [anger] No one is interested in ICE, FFE, shining paint, or decorating the car. [frustration]
I think that the reason behind this situation is that everyone is too busy (jobs, family responsibilities, etc) People think about saving/investing money for their family's needs. No one is interested in spending money and time on an old car.

Hi,
Now the only option I have for automobile related education is ITI (Diploma). As due to arts stream graduation I cant pursue Btech.
Hey sorry to reply so late.
So go ahead, why not ITI? I have heard good things about ITI, from where you can get jobs in Auto industry.

Hmm Thanks a lot people. I searched a lot, but could not figure out why in Bangalore there are no CAR RESTORATION shops/ classic car restoration kind of centers at all.
That means you do not have any competition. Start your first restoration garage!!

I think that the reason behind this situation is that everyone is too busy (jobs, family responsibilities, etc) People think about saving/investing money for their family's needs. No one is interested in spending money and time on an old car.
Yeah thats true for a common man but you don't need that sort of huge demand to start your business. If you both think alike (you and SS80), there is high probability that there are more people in real world who think like you. So the demand is there!

Atlast, I have arrived at the right thread. For everyone who's out there disappointed, don't lose heart coz it takes time for your turn. Just wait! [:)]

I am also in a dilemma of choosing my career after 12th. Before joining 11th, I was in the mood of taking Automobile Engineering (well, mainly bcos I didn't know about the jobs related to automotive sector). When I finished my 10th & the time came for choosing my stream in 11th, I was very hesitant to take the Science/Computer Science stream bcos I wasn't much interested in Physics & not at all in Chemistry. I found it a bit hard to score well and felt as it was not my thing. As a result, I chose Commerce stream but still don't know what to pursue in future after 12th. I am really interested in the automotive sector & sales/marketing sounds good but not sure whether it can pay me well. Is there any other courses which is related to automotive or something else which has good scope?
If I join for a course which ain't related to automotive sector, then I'll save my earnings & will start up a business related to Automotive for my personal satisfaction. [:)] Atleast, I have a Aim then!

Top Bottom