Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

Works with with Ritz DDiS have personally seen it. I don't know if you guys have heard about this scangauge like tool, its called the Kiwi MPG link here Kiwi Mpg I bought this thing when I was in US and at the time when i had read on other forums that scangauge does not works on Maruti vehicles (not untill now when I saw it working myself[frustration]) scangauge was $145 and this kiwi mpg was $76. I talked to the guys at kiwi mpg and they said that this thing is different from scangauge and your vehicle is CAN compliant (one of the protocols in OBD2) so this will definitely work. I trusted them and ordered this gadget only later to know that it didn't work[angry].It displays a message "Conn Fail..."

Well I am looking for someone who is good in making some converter pins which I could try out and get this gadget work on my vehicle.

Re: Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

Before you buy any gadgets, some cars show the OBD engine codes on the cars own dash LCD display. you have to hold the trip reset button in while turning the key, but it varies from car to car.

Maybe a Beat owner knows if this works or where the OBD connector is on the car?
I checke that scanguage website & it says it works on all models except Chevy :(

what standard does Chevy Beat use then? CANBUS or OBDII?

where is Chevy Beat OBD connector?

some cars show the OBD engine codes on the cars own dash LCD display. you have to hold the trip reset button in while turning the key, but it varies from car to car.

Does the Beat display the engine diagnostic codes on the dashboard LCD?

Maybe a Beat owner knows if this works or where the OBD connector is on the car? is it CANBUS or OBDII? thanks[glasses]

Thread Starter #21

Today i ordered Bluetooth OBD for Rs.800 can't wait for it . It will be shipped from hongkong

Thread Starter #23

well you put it in your OBD port and then use any system like mobile or laptop which support bluetooth in which special software(which they already give with there OBD scanner for pc) are require to read all the details .

But no idea about maruti i don't own any maruti product

mastersquall

i am very interested in the product, can you tell me the website of hong kong company. when will it be delivered it to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #25

herer you go China Wholesale - Wholesale Products Directly Offered By Chinese Wholesaler though i ordered using ebay as i had Rs.100 discount coupon so i got it for 850 compare to 950

Just got there email saying they have dispatched my order let see how long it takes custom people shouldn't stop such small thing *finger-cross*

dude waiting for your products delivery.
you own a safari & isnt the product is not compatible to your car????
i own indigo dicor xl. if its working in your car,it will be working in mine too

Thread Starter #27

ya you should wait for me to check it out first to see how it work around . It might take week atleast that's what i am guessing

about working if we won't try how will we won't know it work or not and also it was just 850 so i thought let give it try

ya you should wait for me to check it out first to see how it work around . It might take week atleast that's what i am guessing

about working if we won't try how will we won't know it work or not and also it was just 850 so i thought let give it try
Hi mastersquall,

Even I have ordered the same product, mine at approximately Rs 960 (added $2 for tracked courier).

Mean while do you know where OBD port is on Maruti Ritz Petrol. I'll try to find out but in case if any one is aware where to look for it.

Picture of the same would be helpful.

Thanks,
[cheers]

Under the steering column, just above the clutch pedal area you will see the obd2 port, I will try to take a picture and attach it. Mine is a diesel but don't think that they have changed the position of the port elsewhere in petrol.

Top Bottom