Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

what is scan tool . i mean i know its for car error diagnostic
but does newbie like me can you use these device .
what all purpose we can use them ?

which one will be good to buy ?

Thread Starter #3
well i meet a driver at cng station while waiting for car to get filled . he had touchscreen monitor where he could see all detail of his car . i really got impressed by it . But as my luck is always bad as he was driver with none knowledge about it and owner had sent him to get filled CNG . he told me that it is car scan thingy . SO that's why i have posted here . i google but didn't find any stuff which look like that in car .

Now i know its called OBD and thanks to you . i have found same looking stuff on different form .
thank you very much .

A scan tool is basically a device which reads the data from the ECM through the OBD port. GM calls it Tech 2, Fiat calls it Examiner. Since you are building a Carputer all you need is the OBD II cable. The frontend (Centrafuse) on you PC will do the rest.

Thread Starter #10
Re: What is a car scan tool?

@travel no scangauge don't work properly with any maruti cars which has been tested by many others But if you have BS4 car then there is person A-star who tried and was successful

Last edited:

A scan tool is basically a device which reads the data from the ECM through the OBD port. GM calls it Tech 2, Fiat calls it Examiner. Since you are building a Carputer all you need is the OBD II cable. The frontend (Centrafuse) on you PC will do the rest.
Any idea of scangauge compatibility with i20 asta

350Z

Core Team

Any idea of scangauge compatibility with i20 asta
I performed a little research on this, and finally reach to conclusion that Scanguage should work on the Hyundai i20. In fact, Scan Gauge’s official website also mentions that it works on all vehicles manufactured from 2008 to 2011. (ScanGaugeII - Compatible Vehicle List) Still, please cross-check with them by dropping an E-mail: scangauge@linear-logic.com.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

This is to inform every one.
Scangauge II works with Maruti Swift Vxi (K series engine, 2010 model.. 1197cc).
I have tested it.

Top Bottom