Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

OBD II Scanner

Hello Petrolheads,
I was not in a condition to post for a long time,due to a lot of personal commitment. So please pardon my absence. So the basic point of starting this thread is because i didn't find any discussion regarding OBD scanner, i badly need to know things about OBD II scanner. I recently procured an OBD II scanner from ebay to find out some of the readings of my vehicle, to be specific the mileage readings because company does not provides any specific equipment to measure the mileage and how much kilometer will the vehicle travel before another refueling. I recently did a milage check at maruti service center while my 2nd free servicing was being taken care and i found out that my vehicles mileage was satisfactory,but the process of finding out the milage and the fitting of equipments which was done by maruti was tricky and cannot be done by for normal people like me. So i purchased an odb II scanner.but to my surprise when i connected it to the port i found 2 fault codes P1905 and P1984. Please help what shall i do ??

Re: OBD II Scanner

Hello Petrolheads,
i found 2 fault codes P1905 and P1984. Please help what shall i do ??
P1905

P Powertrain Code
Problem is related engine, transmission and emissions systems.
1 MFG - Manufacturer Specific
9 BBV Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
0 Low Coolant Circuit
5 Transmission

P1984

P Powertrain Code
Problem is related engine, transmission and emissions systems.
1 MFG - Manufacturer Specific
9 BBV Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
8 BBV Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
4 Transmission

I advice you to go to Maruti ASC and get it resolved ASAP

Hey guys,

I have gone through threads related to ELM327 OBD2 connector and was expecting if there is any information on if ELM327 is working with my 2011 Swift Dezire Diesel.

There are many comments saying that it wont work on diesel cars and works only on petrols, where as some comments says they are using the ELM327 with their Diesel cars as well[surprise],

Can anyone suggest specifically if ELM327 can work with 2011 Swift Dezire Diesel model or not [frustration]

Hey guys,

I have gone through threads related to ELM327 OBD2 connector and was expecting if there is any information on if ELM327 is working with my 2011 Swift Dezire Diesel.

There are many comments saying that it wont work on diesel cars and works only on petrols, where as some comments says they are using the ELM327 with their Diesel cars as well[surprise],

Can anyone suggest specifically if ELM327 can work with 2011 Swift Dezire Diesel model or not [frustration]
It will work in all cars whether it is Diesel or Petrol. Im using ELM327. I have checked it in the following cars, Ford Fiesta, Classic, Figo, Tata Bolt Petrol, Hyundai Elite i20 and even in Alto (2010 model). No issues in it. Im regularly using it in my fiesta connected with a app in Windows 10 Mobile.

Guys,
I have a Hyundai Verna 4s, I need to get some dyno graphs (Power and torque wrt rpm) for a some test's I'm conducting. Can I get graphs using an OBD scanner on-road while driving ?

If yes, Can you please recommend me one ?
If no, How much does a dyno test normally costs from a professional ?

Thanks for the quick reply [clap] and I do find ICAR3 is better equipped than the supermini elm 327. But the product dimensions seems gross
ICAR3 12.2 x 7.1 x 3.5 cm
supermini elm327 5.1 x 4.6 x 2.5 cm
The Zest's OBD port is behind the large snap on panel, to the right of steering column. My requirement is plug in the obd scanner close the snap on panel and move on. So wannabe double sure that the scanner snugly fits inside the panel. But the ICAR3 with ignition controlled on/off seems attractive. Want to confirm if fellow zest owners have used/using any scanners currently in their vehicles. ICAR3 is my first preference from now on.
Hey if you have successfully deployed OBD scanner in tata zest then can u post pictures of how you opened the flap of fuse box where OBD port is located?

Guys,
I have a Hyundai Verna 4s, I need to get some dyno graphs (Power and torque wrt rpm) for a some test's I'm conducting. Can I get graphs using an OBD scanner on-road while driving ?

If yes, Can you please recommend me one ?
If no, How much does a dyno test normally costs from a professional ?
I am not the developer of this app but RaceDroid Pro is said to be accurate to an extent. But only when you enter the right specifications of the car.
Here is the play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.racedroid&hl=en
But It cannot be replaced with a dyno run as they are much more accurate.

I just bought an OBD II for my car and ran 'Car Scanner' app. It connected smoothly and has lots of data. It will take some time understand it all. I also checked for some DTC errors and got the following -

1) P0562 - System Voltage Low
Status - Test failed since last DTC clear
2) P2508 - ECM Supply Voltage High
Status - Test failed since last DTC clear

Can these above two be caused due to Low Battery?

3) P132b - Turbocharger Boost Control A Performance Problem - This one seems VERY serious to me
Status - Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle

Screenshot_2019-11-02-22-44-12-100_com.ovz.carscanner.jpg
Screenshot_2019-11-02-22-41-50-729_com.ovz.carscanner.jpg

@xkcd0137

Looks like all three error codes are repair difficulty level 3 (Hard). Did you try clearing the errors and see if they occur again (Turn off and turn on key)? Use Piston app which is adfree and has lots of features.

P0562 FORD - System Voltage Low
P2508 FORD - ECM/PCM Power Input Signal High
P132B FORD - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control 'A' Performance Problem

How old is the car battery and how long it takes to crank the engine? Do you see any corrosion on the battery terminals? Check if any harness is damaged. Use multimeter to check idle voltage, voltage drop while cranking engine and charging voltage.

As of P132b, I read that it is caused due to Turbo Actuator getting stuck on Ford vehicles. Did you notice any issues with the turbo? May be you'll have to visit ASC to get it checked.

Looks like all three error codes are repair difficulty level 3 (Hard). Did you try clearing the errors and see if they occur again (Turn off and turn on key)? Use Piston app which is adfree and has lots of features
Thank you sir for your reply. I will try clearing the error codes and check again and then report.

How old is the car battery and how long it takes to crank the engine? Do you see any corrosion on the battery terminals? Check if any harness is damaged. Use multimeter to check idle voltage, voltage drop while cranking engine and charging voltage.
Its 3 years old. The reason I asked about battery is that One day by mistake my battery got discharged. I called a local mech to jump start it. Unfortunately, he wasn't well versed with Ecosport's battery and he had bought a smaller battery too so though he tried time and again he couldn't jumpstart it. While he was trying I could see a lot of errors on my console eg check Engine light lit etc. So can that be a reason for this error code?

As of P132b, I read that it is caused due to Turbo Actuator getting stuck on Ford vehicles. Did you notice any issues with the turbo? May be you'll have to visit ASC to get it checked.
I haven't noticed any obvious issue with the turbo but yeah, Pickup seems to have dulled a lot. I thought it may be a placebo since the vehicle is now 3 years old and also my Rear Torsion Beam needs to be replaced.

Top Bottom