Car Insurance Renewal Queries

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I need to renew my car's insurance before the 23rd of January. I came to know something about an insurance scheme, with some extra premium, that will cover basically 100%. In other words, the extra premium is for plastics, glass, rubber etc, which the Insurance guys usually say 'we can only give you 50%'.

Has anyone heard of this or any more information on how to get this and from where, please let me know.

In addition to this, is it advisable to get the car's insurance renewed from the same place where it was done before or look for a new one. I never thought about this, when I had the Accent and got it renewed all the time from National Insurance. So, dont really know if I could have got better discounts as NCB through a different Insurer?

If you are satisfied with the treatment of the current insurer you can very well stay with them.

And the thing which you say is zero depriciation i guess and i think TATA-AIG offers that. Just check with them.

Avinash you can change the insurer this time.
I would say to stay with PSU's (National Insurance).
All the 0% depriciation is gimmicks is what i feel.
Still it matters when ever claim arises.
You can get a discount of NCB from differnet insurer.
Provided you have to provide them NCB certificate from earlier insurer as well as old Policy before expiry.
A surveyor will inspect the car and insure it.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks Dhaya. Sure, I'll check with them and ICICI offers some corporate discounts. Carnation had provided me a 25 point cheque book that has a 3% discount if I get it renewed through them. My current insurance is through Bajaj Allianz. So I'll check with all 4 and update.

Thanks Avindu for creating this topic.

I too have a questions. I need to renew my car's insurance before the 1st of March.
The thing is my car windshield has an hair line crack.Will this affect during renewal of my car or i have to change the windshield before 1st of march. If i want to change the windshield can i claim my insurance or to pay from my pocket.

Thanks Avindu for creating this topic..

I too have a questions..I need to renew my car's insurance before the 1st of March..
The thing is my car windshield has an hair line crack.Will this affect during renewal of my car or i have to change the windshield before 1st of march..If i want to change the windshield can i claim my insurance or to pay from my pocket..
No need of replacing the windshield as of know, If its not a big crack.
You can get it repaired after you renew your insurance, As you will get NCB of this year and there will be discount on the premium you will be paying.
You can renew your insurance, No problem with it.
Before the expiry of existing policy get it renewed (7 days before expiry).
They will not inspect your vehicle during renewal.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Renewed with ICICI

Following are the cost of premium provided by various insurer's.

1. Existing Insurer - Bajaj - Premium quoted : Rs. 17,300/-
2. ICICI - Rs. 14,280/-
3. National Insurance - Rs. 14,000/- (no cashless claim available)
4. Tata AIG - Rs. 17,200/-

All the above, includes a 25% NCB. However ICICI was the only one that provided a cashless facility at that premium. Hence opted for this [;)]. The start day is from 29th of January. (The policy end date is 28th and I incorrectly mentioned 22nd).

Re: Renewed with ICICI

Following are the cost of premium provided by various insurer's.

1. Existing Insurer - Bajaj - Premium quoted : Rs. 17,300/-
2. ICICI - Rs. 14,280/-
3. National Insurance - Rs. 14,000/- (no cashless claim available)
4. Tata AIG - Rs. 17,200/-

All the above, includes a 25% NCB. However ICICI was the only one that provided a cashless facility at that premium. Hence opted for this [;)]. The start day is from 29th of January. (The policy end date is 28th and I incorrectly mentioned 22nd).
But anyways Avinash, I would still recommend you with Govt PSU's anyday.

Because their service standard can be known only when claim arises.

Thread Starter #12

But anyways Avinash, I would still recommend you with Govt PSU's anyday.

Because their service standard can be known only when claim arises.
I had taken National Insurance, in our previous car for all 4 years and also they offered cashless facility, but don't know how good their service is. Also, when I enquired now, they said they no longer provide that facility. Moreover, the cost of the premium from ICICI was quite less from others, so opted for it.

Apart from National insurance, what other Govt. Insurer's do we have?

I had taken National Insurance, in our previous car for all 4 years and also they offered cashless facility, but don't know how good their service is. Also, when I enquired now, they said they no longer provide that facility. Moreover, the cost of the premium from ICICI was quite less from others, so opted for it.

Apart from National insurance, what other Govt. Insurer's do we have?
United India Insurance.
Oriental Insurance.

Better of 2 is National Insurance.

Thread Starter #14
Re: Renewal of Car's Insurance!

Thanks Mukesh. I'll suggest this to one of my friend who is looking to renew his car's insurance.

Re: Renewal of Car's Insurance!

any company agent who give us soem commission in cash if we book insurance in that ?

Top Bottom