Car for the Indian Youth

Thread Starter #1
What type car does the youth of today prefer in India ? Do they like to drive a sedan, an SUV or a sporty car? What features should be present in the car to appeal to the youth?

350Z

Core Team
First, Thanks for creating such an interesting topic. Although this is subjective, and response may vary but in my personal view, Today, the Gen-Y prefer things to be sporty and bold when it comes to cars and bikes. Features – they all depends in which category the car belongs to, but special and unexpected features always grab the attention instantly, and also helps making USP for manufacturer. I personally would love to be seen driving around in sports car or a luxury saloon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

SUV for me! its muscular, tough & brawny, the way i like cars. other positive thing is the high/commanding seating position.

by the way, this thread deserves a poll

Hmm, for me i prefer a neatly customized ride. Let it be a hatchback, sedan or a SUV.

But to share in detail, in today's context, i prefer a Swift DDiS or an i20 Crdi!

But if I had money, I would simply go for a Fortuner with huge rims!![evil]

In general for youth Swift diesel is an best option.

For me my Scorpio.

Guys the thread says to name which car , Not the segment.
So be specific with car name.

Hmm.. I Prefer to own a SUV if budget is not a problem otherwise I would stick to a Hatchback especially a Punto in red or a Polo in red / black..Btw, I don't like to own a sedan at all.

Don know why but i always prefer a C+ or D-segment sedan! So it will be Civic or Jetta or Cruze or maybe even Sonata transform! If i have enough money will go in for a 320d or a 520d.

Next on my list is an SUV like Fortuner or Captiva!

Only minor cosmetic mods maybe for all my rides , thats it!

Guys the thread says to name which car , Not the segment.
So be specific with car name.
mukesh, he has asked which type of car. look here-

What type car does the youth of today prefer in India ? Do they like to drive a sedan, an SUV or a sporty car? What features should be present in the car to appeal to the youth?
i forgot to answer the features Raj. they depend on the pricing of the SUV, still in a 20L SUV, i would want -

1) Automatic climate control
2) keyless entry
3) start/stop button
4) xenon lights
5) LED tail lights!
6) Triple row AC
7) ABS + 4 Airbags
8) TCS & EBD
9) music controls on steering wheel
10) Rockford fosgate 9 speaker music system!
11) hill descent control
12) AWD switchable to 2WD
13) electronic parking brake
14) automatic lights & wipers
15) cruise control
16) reverse sensors
17) tyre pressure sensors
18) electric ORVMs with electric retract
19) indicators on ORVMs
20) 17" alloys

yea, thats enough!

Next on my list is an SUV like Fortuner or Captiva!
same here!

Hmmm yes those are the features i would want in my car be it either a sedan or an SUV. Of course take out the AWD if its a sedan! In addition to Raj's list i want a sun-roof too , don ask why i like cars with sun-roof!:stupid:

And forget RF music system , i am happy with a music system which has USB and i-pod connectivity which is good in SQ .

Raj almost all those features you mentioned are present in Aria and Captiva! Santa-Fe is also expected to have most of the features and so in Mahindra's new SUV! We have lots of choices to choose from![:D]

Thread Starter #15
Thanks guys for lovely reponses :)

Let's make it more fun and share our thought on which category of vehicle would a male prefer and which would a female prefer and why?

Lets also discuss colours, features and interiors and all that comes to our mind when we think of the car for the Indian youth.

Top Bottom