Car for a Woman

Thread Starter #1
Let's discuss what features does a women look for before buying a car. I have a lot of friends who have listed features like automatic gears, light weight, parking sensors,Easy drivability etc. Women wants the car that is easy to drive and looks stylish at the same time.

Let see if we can add more to this list and find a list of features required in a car to be driven by a woman.

1) Light steering
2) Tall seating position to judge bumpers in traffic easily & also aid parking (Santro/Ritz)
3) Automatic Transmission
4) Remote door & boot open - to load their shopping bags
5) Auto retract ORVMs - they like to drive with mirrors closed anyways, they can open with a touch of a button when needed
6) Bluetooth handsfree for their mobile phones - which woman would like to stop chit chatting?!
7) Automatic wipers - why bother operating them manually especially when they forget to switch it off!
8) Vanity mirror - most important
9) Goggle holder
10) Automatic climate control - just like guys, even they are lazy to adjust fan speeds!

350Z

Core Team
From a women’s perspective, first and foremost they definitely look out for easy maneuverability. The car should be small and peppy to drive, with adequate comfort and proper seat adjustment. Gearshift is what comes next, some of them find difficult to adjust with Manual transmissions initially but if you begin driving lessons with an Automatic, it sure may be easy but the story ends as getting totally used to it. I’ve heard from many Automatic Transmission drivers that they do not at all find convenient to use M/T once started driving an A/T car. On a little lighter note, cute looks with lovely body color (Pink maybe?), lots of storage spaces and vanity mirror is must-must.

Drive Safe,
350Z

deville_56

Honoured Member
Maybe OT

90% woman don't look at any options before buying cars. I was asked for opinion many times, whatever I said went useless, even in case Estilo. Even in Estilo black color is the only approved suggestion.

What women looks for before buying a car???

1. Is it cute, chubby, etc,????
2. Is it available in any shade relating to pink???

Mostly their decisions are entirely based on looks alone. They are not aware/bothered about getting it serviced, what all features they have, etc.

My sis's classmate's bought a Nano as the nth car. She prefer driving the Sumo over Nano, saying Sumo got power steering. For Sumo or Nano she need space to run a bus. She dunno which side of the divider to go. She goes mad once in a roundabout.

Same sis's another classmate. Her parent's asked what she wants. No Marutis. Reason, the name itself says its not good/flashy and none of their cars are good. She want a small car from Honda [not Jazz, something in size of alto/estilo].

Even our Estilo, she was about to book Pink or Aquamarine. I begged and gave her options Red or Black or atleast that dirty Yellow. No red stating its candy color [confused]. Then she said black halfheartedly.

Never tell a lady to shift at xxrpm on tacho. Always prefer a model with no tacho for ladies. They will look only into tacho and not the road. They won;t even shift. They try to maintain in that rpm and forget even to shift.

No wheelcaps or alloys if roads are bad. End result, new set wheelcaps every 2-3 months or steel wheels in 1-2 wheels with others on alloys.

Get them a 4-speed car. They keep the 4th as reserve/overdrive. They don even think about the 5th gear/driving school never hinted such a thing ever exist.

Ask a lady whether she prefer an 800/Alto [say without power steering] or a Wagon R. I bet they go for 800. Reason, everyone know its easy to drive than the other, they say.

Try correcting a lady the way she drives. They won't accept they are wrong. If they do, you will end up getting screwed trying to correct her.
[evil]

Haha well said dhilip.

Also get friendly with a tinker and painter . As a lady driven car needs their help so often.

Mostly a lady need a small and easy drive ability car .
It must have a ac/power steering and all possible gadgets.

Even when looking for a new car , they keep asking the people about the central lock , power windows etc , Do not bother to check the engines etc.

alto/estilo /spark/wagon r santro/i10's are mostly prefered by a lady.

Every lady driven car must have a caution sign at rear like" caution , driven by a lady"

So that we can save our car.

Mostly when i find a lady driving a car in my rear view mirror , i 'll maximum try to give her the way , so to avoid my car's rear.

@ deville_56 extremely well said..:lol!::lol!:

I also think same that most women pay top priority to looks other than anything else..

deville_56

Honoured Member
@ deville_56 extremely well said..:lol!::lol!:

I also think same that most women pay top priority to looks other than anything else..
[evil]

ilango[speed thirst];53661 said:
Also get friendly with a tinker and painter . As a lady driven car needs their help so often.
Yeah. I got the same door and same bumper painted more than once.
Full cover insurance is a must. Bootlids and radiators are too costly. [evil]

Every lady driven car must have a caution sign at rear like" caution , driven by a lady"

So that we can save our car.
Seen many ladies proudly sticking "Heels on wheels" to show attitude, but they dunno its warning signal for us guys. It should be made mandatory like the LPG sticker [evil]

Mostly when i find a lady driving a car in my rear view mirror , i 'll maximum try to give her the way , so to avoid my car's rear.
I never give way, just speed away. Else I have to trail her seeing the blunderful way she drives. We can make way from a trucker with a Stebel, but not from a lady with a truckload of Stebels. Our honking will left unheard. A week's worth honk required for a 10 minute trailing [frustration]

Today a lady driven Zen in wrong side overturned an auto. Once my sister created a jam, situation went out of hand. She locked the car, took and auto and left home. Thankfully no cops were around to tow it away.

Thread Starter #12
Hey I came across an article on a page Amby - Come Back | Facebook where a Chennai-based jewellery designer, Nalini was featured with her Pink Amby. Thought of sharing this in this channel where the discussion is around car for a women.
764B30B5-8534-635F-0E1D-5F17011B18EB

no offence. but why are you trying to promote amby so much? i feel ambassador is not the best car for women. even some men start sweating by trying to change its gears..what will women do?!

Thread Starter #14
no offence. but why are you trying to promote amby so much? i feel ambassador is not the best car for women. even some men start sweating by trying to change its gears..what will women do?!
I agree with you Umang. The ambassador is a very heavy car and not very easy to drive. I just wanted to convey the message that Pink is the preferred color among women.

Top Bottom