Car Companies Cut Production - Bad Times Ahead

Thread Starter #1
Automakers put brakes on petrol car production | mydigitalfc.com

Now all car companies are stuck with high inventory .

Earlier companies were throwing tantrums of waiting and now customers are playing the waiting game [lol]...

Even best sellers like swift have seen waiting period reduction from 4 months to just 30 days. I now beleive that all this waiting period was bubble made by companies and its staff in collusion with dealers to do blackmarketing [frustration]

I would just love these idiots beg on their feet to sell these so called best sellers like swift ....

I think there is a chance that Fin ministry will impose a diesel tax and hence the panic among car makers to deliever as many cars as possible.

Re: Car companies cut production- Bad times ahead

That's really concerning i hope this slowdown is only temporary,otherwise the day's of receiving Pink slip will be near.[cry]

Fazer

Suspended

Yes. I also read that GM, Maruti and Toyota are stopping production of Petrol cars (also known as NPDs i.e. No Production Days) in TOI paper.
I think the car companies will give discounts and schemes on Petrol cars to boost thier sales, which will be Great for Petrol car buyers like Me. [:D]

Yes in pune we have news in local news paper. Tata moters, GM plant are closed for 2 days in a week.

But think about the automobile industry and their employees. If production of petrol cars reduced then the companies may think to reduce the nos. of man power also which is not at all a good for our economy as well as for the society. Lot of people and their families are dependent on these industries. Not only the car manufacturing companies it will also affect the ancillary industries.

Thread Starter #6

Would love the day when dezire LDI is available on the spot and the sales esexutive meekly request me to book the car [lol]

General Motors India, which today rolled out a new diesel variant of its premium sedan Cruze said that it would continue to curtail its production and take a day off every week till the festival season.

"It (the one-day production halt every week) is likely to continue until the festival season (around October)," General Motors India president and managing director Lowell Paddock told reporters here.

The company had recently said that it was aligning production at its two facilities at Talegaon in Maharashtra and at Halol in Gujarat on a daily basis as per demand and decided on certain no-production days to avoid unnecessary inventory build-up.

"Unlike other car makers, we don't shut down the plant and instead a no-production day. This will help us avoid an inventory build-up," vice president for corporate strategy R Balendran said.

While the Talegaon facility produces 1.4 lakh units a year, the Halol plant has a capacity of 85,000 units annually, which is being ramped UP to 1.10 lakh units.

The company expects the auto market to remain sluggish for some more time and said even the festival season may not bring much cheers.

"We don't expect the market to improve before the festival season and even during that period, there is not going to be a very significant improvement as such," Balendran said.

General Motors India to continue with production cut till festival season - The Economic Times

I don't get it. How is it a matter of concern?

As long the demand is met, we consumers are happy and the manufacturers are earning the appropriate revenues. If it was the case of high demand and less supply, it would have been a concern, but I don't see that happening anytime soon because car companies already have inventories.

Top Bottom