Can Low Running Harm Diesel Engines?

Thanks autosafari for the inputs. Now there is no confusion in my mind to go for a diesel Car (Safari - to be specific).

Thanks 350Z for merging the threads. :)

I think now-a-days most of the people are going for diesel because of ever increasing prices of petrol and also they are not sure as-in "today my running is less but what if it increases tomorrow?" in that case running a petrol car would be really tough.
Now a days Diesel engine got smarter designs. I would suggest you go for diesel car only. Recently I got a new Nissan Micra XV Diesel car. I dont find any issues regarding pickup and noisyness as compared to petrol car. You will hardly make any difference while driving diesel car. You will get feel of driving a Petrol car only. And Interms of Maintenance about diesel car, you will get slightly higher priced than petrol car. But not bulky. If you are getting paid normal service for petrol car about 2000 then diesel will get 3000 roughly i.e. normal paid service. But it is cheaper than driving a petrol car looking to petrol prices. [:D]
All The Very Best for your new TATA SAFARI DICOR ....!!!!

Now a days Diesel engine got smarter designs. I would suggest you go for diesel car only. Recently I got a new Nissan Micra XV Diesel car. I dont find any issues regarding pickup and noisyness as compared to petrol car. You will hardly make any difference while driving diesel car. You will get feel of driving a Petrol car only. And Interms of Maintenance about diesel car, you will get slightly higher priced than petrol car. But not bulky. If you are getting paid normal service for petrol car about 2000 then diesel will get 3000 roughly i.e. normal paid service. But it is cheaper than driving a petrol car looking to petrol prices. [:D]
All The Very Best for your new TATA SAFARI DICOR ....!!!!
[glasses] Thanks Vinod.. [:)]

Whether you have high mileage or low mileage requirements is nor affecting the engine or any moving parts. However, any vehicle should not stand for months without being used.

Short trips do not allow the engine to warm up properly, which means even more carbon deposits will be produced.

Because of this it is advisable to take the car out once in a while for a good run. The engine preferably should be given a good thrashing, which is even more important with Diesel engines and a must with cars fitted with a DPF.

But whenever you decide to go out on a hot run, give the engine a chance to get up yo operating temperature.

Diesel engine generally need higher running and continuous.

unlike petrol which dont form a residue or some thing like that in fuel pipes as it vapourise , diesel do in longer period of time.

most of cars in present day is modernized and one week gap for diesel engine is finding lesser problem .

past is past.

since you have got diesel , keep driving , cheers !

And for the safari , its fine till you daily drive .

the problem that you both face in case of daily driving but of lesser km , is only with battery.

Top Bottom