Can EV Charging Firms Beat OEM Charging Station Firms?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

The stage is set in India for the EV's. There are several startups working on the same princinple on which companies like Plughsare, Blink Charging are working in the west BUT in India oem's are also setting up their charging stations very aggressively. I think and I might be wrong that in the future these car companies will either acquire these startups or set up their own charging stations or have exclusive tie ups with some limited stations for their vehicles. How do you think the ev charging business will pan out in India? I know a guy who works in one of these startups and he said that almost 100% of their hardware is imported from China. Even their software is made by those Chinese firms. So much for aatamnirbhar Bharat.

@bhvm @Suryaputhra @Nairrk @deville_56 @350Z @Dr MUDHAN

Out of context question, how much is the investment, in rough terms, for setting up these kinda charging stations? @bhvm can guide more on their electricity part.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
As per the infrastructure guidelines set by the government, it is compulsory to set an EV Charging station at every 3km in cities and 25kms on Highways on both sides. For long-range and heavy-duty vehicles, there should be a charging station at every 100kms on both sides of the road (mostly Highways). At present we are nowhere near the guidelines set and we can see there is a HUGE requirement of charging stations. So there are hopes in this sector for improvement and I believe OEM's cannot cater the needs so private set up also will be there.

However, at present how many EV vehicles are on the road? Not many, I think, so one need to wait for a couple of years or more to get business from the charging stations. Your investment will be dead till then?

I have read somewhere about the costing and they estimated around Rs.40 to 50 lakhs needed initially (depends on which area one wish to start a set up..)

Let's wait and see for more comments/opinions from our experts.!

Thread Starter #3
As per the infrastructure guidelines set by the government, it is compulsory to set an EV Charging station at every 3km in cities and 25kms on Highways on both sides. For long-range and heavy-duty vehicles, there should be a charging station at every 100kms on both sides of the road (mostly Highways). At present we are nowhere near the guidelines set and we can see there is a HUGE requirement of charging stations. So there are hopes in this sector for improvement and I believe OEM's cannot cater the needs so private set up also will be there.

However, at present how many EV vehicles are on the road? Not many, I think, so one need to wait for a couple of years or more to get business from the charging stations. Your investment will be dead till then?

I have read somewhere about the costing and they estimated around Rs.40 to 50 lakhs needed initially (depends on which area one wish to start a set up..)

Let's wait and see for more comments/opinions from our experts.!
Thanks. Bold part is how UHNI make people. Invest now and sleep and rake in the benefits some other day. I am talking about the charging companies not stations.

Top Bottom