Calcutta to pondicherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are doing a very long trip, let me conclude that you are one step more than the hero in that film... :tongue:

Hope you know all the stuffs that has to be taken care since this is going to be pretty long. Have the tyre pressure checked. Backup fuel is must. [evil]

BTW whats meaning of "ame thomake bhalo bhasi"... sorry for spelling mistake.

Thread Starter #18
Wow i too want to do some trip like this soon! Enjoy the trip bro! I think you have the Golden Quadrilateral starting from Kolkata till Chennai. After that you can choose between ECR and GST for reaching Pondicherry. All roads are in good condition , so no problem. But make sure the spare tyre is in good condition! And which places have you decided to halt? BTW in that film he will drive from Bangalore to Mumbai only with that girl! You are doing an even longer trip!
Yep, i hope the same , longer and in expected , the one which lies in my mind is to himalayas in car like scorpio.

dude do whatever. but don't drive continuously for 36 hrs.
Sure will not repeat that.

Since you are doing a very long trip, let me conclude that you are one step more than the hero in that film...

Hope you know all the stuffs that has to be taken care since this is going to be pretty long. Have the tyre pressure checked. Backup fuel is must. BTW whats meaning of "ame thomake bhalo bhasi"... sorry for spelling mistake.
Even i dont know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #21

so you have done it before 36 hours of riding!!!!!!!!!!! . I am getting envy of you dude.

Not exact 36 hours of driving , It includes meeting peoples , eating etc . no sleep . Didnt book a hotel or room , just kept moving on!

i really hope theres some seriously good ICE that is worthy of a 2000KM drive!! loud music is important!

There was good ICE in the car , But the seller is not giving that , that is worth some 60K+ i suppose

Thread Starter #26
Plan collapsed , due to several reasons

1. Seller insisted he wants to see the car for the last time , He is in Bombay and car is in Calcutta .
2. Then he said noc is applied for and takes about a week to get receipt , i said , its not a problem , you can courier the receipt , we need just the originals to travel.

3. Later on he said he is yet to sign on the forms that is need , - Earlier he said , everything is ready and can take the car at week end , so we booked the train

4. The last reason is one which cant be accepted , His parents in Calcutta has made a plan with the car , - we said we are coming from so much distance just for car , cant they arrange a taxi? He said he'll speak and let us know . After waiting about a day , yesterday he said they cant cancel the plan and everything will be ready in a couple of weeks.

Our probs

1. We do not have that much free time , i have lot of works in setting up the business - in final stage of completion .
2. My friend is working in a IT field - Getting a leave is like a toughest job , And also he has some dead lines in next 20 to 25 days in his works.

Apart from this , these much silly excuses given by seller , does he want to remove some parts? - though we accepted removing of his ice set up - that hardly takes some 3 hours.

Apart from all these driving - spending etc , we have got a diesel lancer for almost 80000 more of this for same age car - negotiation is going on . Gonna Chennai in next couple of hours to check this car.

will report it soon ,

Vibhor can close this thread after some week

350Z

Core Team
It was not best to get a second hand car from such a far place, unless the car is rare or unique or something similar to that. Search around nearby your city and feel free to create a separate thread if you wish to.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #29
Cant confirm i miss this.
the seller agrees to give the car next saturday. in august not this saturday.

The diesel one which i saw today was good but not the rate , he says almost 60 to 70K more.

Thread Starter #30
Cant wait so longer , the calcutta seller keeps saying reason , he will be in calcutta only after some 14 days , so asked us to come then .

Feeling irritated , searched here - got a good 04 model baleno .

thread can be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom