Wow i too want to do some trip like this soon! Enjoy the trip bro! I think you have the Golden Quadrilateral starting from Kolkata till Chennai. After that you can choose between ECR and GST for reaching Pondicherry. All roads are in good condition , so no problem. But make sure the spare tyre is in good condition! And which places have you decided to halt? BTW in that film he will drive from Bangalore to Mumbai only with that girl! You are doing an even longer trip!
Since you are doing a very long trip, let me conclude that you are one step more than the hero in that film...
Hope you know all the stuffs that has to be taken care since this is going to be pretty long. Have the tyre pressure checked. Backup fuel is must. BTW whats meaning of "ame thomake bhalo bhasi"... sorry for spelling mistake.
1. Seller insisted he wants to see the car for the last time , He is in Bombay and car is in Calcutta .
2. Then he said noc is applied for and takes about a week to get receipt , i said , its not a problem , you can courier the receipt , we need just the originals to travel.
3. Later on he said he is yet to sign on the forms that is need , - Earlier he said , everything is ready and can take the car at week end , so we booked the train
4. The last reason is one which cant be accepted , His parents in Calcutta has made a plan with the car , - we said we are coming from so much distance just for car , cant they arrange a taxi? He said he'll speak and let us know . After waiting about a day , yesterday he said they cant cancel the plan and everything will be ready in a couple of weeks.
1. We do not have that much free time , i have lot of works in setting up the business - in final stage of completion .
2. My friend is working in a IT field - Getting a leave is like a toughest job , And also he has some dead lines in next 20 to 25 days in his works.
Apart from this , these much silly excuses given by seller , does he want to remove some parts? - though we accepted removing of his ice set up - that hardly takes some 3 hours.
Apart from all these driving - spending etc , we have got a diesel lancer for almost 80000 more of this for same age car - negotiation is going on . Gonna Chennai in next couple of hours to check this car.
It was not best to get a second hand car from such a far place, unless the car is rare or unique or something similar to that. Search around nearby your city and feel free to create a separate thread if you wish to.