Buying Used Hyundai Accent Viva CRDi in Tight Budget

Re: Please Say Momy - Can I Go with Viva CRDi in Tight Budget?

1.65 to be exact , i fear lancer diesel , but must be available in hard search.

Cars that you generally get in this budget will be

alto/zen/santro/getz petrol/ accent petrol , lancer petrol , gypsy,

The diesel's that MAY be available may not interest you , like amby/sierra/estate/contessa
searching in online give you some idea and also get some contacts from dealers.

Don't look for a diesel car with a budget less than 2 lakhs.
I would suggest a Petrol sedan with LPG kit, may be a used Accent, OHC or Lancer.

LPG kits are available from 13k to 40k and from my experience LPG mileage is 1 or 2 km less than the petrol mileage. Regarding maintenance, it should be hardly 500~1000 Rs for 15k km (Tank cleaning + Vaporizer diaphragm replacement)

With a proper tuning there won't be much performance drop.

Thread Starter #19

there is a rain of lancers in the market though finding a good one is difficult task
some one who knows about what features did Glxi,slxi,sfxi came with especially the 2001's one ??

Thread Starter #20

Don't look for a diesel car with a budget less than 2 lakhs.
I would suggest a Petrol sedan with LPG kit, may be a used Accent, OHC or Lancer.

LPG kits are available from 13k to 40k and from my experience LPG mileage is 1 or 2 km less than the petrol mileage. Regarding maintenance, it should be hardly 500~1000 Rs for 15k km (Tank cleaning + Vaporizer diaphragm replacement)

With a proper tuning there won't be much performance drop.
how much does a cng kit cost and can we use car on both petrol and cng after kit installation pls give advice [:D]
one more Q: does this have any bad effect on engine??

i would advice you to look out of used petrol sedans then diesels, as in your price bracket it would be difficult to get one which is not abused and needs overhaul,second you might find many options in petrol variants and later if you still find petrol bills expensive you can go for cng kits which ranges from 23k to 40k.You can use both the fuels and it wont be that much of the abuse to the engine.Maintenance is not that high in cng as well.Regular services and checkup would do with cleanings.My cousin is using cng in his swift and jazz and havent heard any issues with either of his cars.

Thread Starter #26

thanks alot ilango,max,vijay

so there is no chance of tampering the ODO meter of old lancer's [clap]

@ ilango / maxima can you guys give me feedback on features of lancer (among glxi,slxi,sfxi)
1) AC - was it ACC type
2) power steering - is it hydraulic or electronic and do all of the variants came with power steering
3) power windows - which variants had it
4) rear A/C vents - heard somewhere is it true ??
5) Steering adjustment
6)electrically adjusted ORVM's

Please guys reply soon eagerly waiting thanks in advance.[glasses]

Electronic ODO don't mean no tampering it can be tampered,

but petrol cars will have a less runs than its diesel counter parts.

I am not a expert in automobiles but from the car i have(lancer petrol glxi) I will comment ;

1 no ACC
2 Yes
3 no power window in gli
4 no rear vent
5 yes
6 no way

I think your running is quiet high 2.5 k per month so diesel will be good but no sedan diesel will come in your budget so say no to diesel sedan .Are you ok with hatches if ok look for it buddy .
Lancer maintenance is on higher side and spare is tough to get in my case my lancer is not my primary mode of transport . I am a biker .I can live for weeks without my car so no problem if lies in the workshop (not experienced with this car yet my palio used to lie for months [frustration])

About searching seconds car it will take more time the more you wait the best you get.
If I remember right vibhor searched for a second hand car for more than a year.[surprise]

Thread Starter #28

no, maxis i am not thinking to buy a diesel because,it would be hard to get one and if also i get a diesel sedan maintenance comes on higher side,so i decided to settle on petrol sedan and fit lpg/cng in it fill and go. as suggested by boss,
so i found lancer which is best in lookswise , as heard much about its performance ,handling suspension , mods etc.
i thought of buying one and fitting lpg/cng as ilango did in his friends baleno, so i was in confusion which car to go whether lancer,baleno,city,accent--but true fact is in such a low budget i cant act as a first hand buyer so thinking of my requirements and basic things needed in ride i enquired about lancer (because of the heard facts) its good.
It would be helpful if you kindly give me details such as cost of spares,maintenance costs problems you faced. (i would love reading an ownership report of your ride[lol])
hope you all help me out.
PS: they are many lancers available in hyderabad in local market under my budget[thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/2308-my-lancy-darling.html

This is my lancer ownership report kinda stopped in the middle! sorry will update.
I forgot to mention I have lpg kit fitted in my car costs around 20k LAVATO KIT
Its a damn good car in handling and fun to drive especially the petrol version cause it is 87 bhp wheres its diesel counter part is only 68 bhp (correct me experts if I am wrong ) I got a very good mileage around 12.5-14 kms on highways.
Problems faced ?
clutch bearing had a problem neglected it for a long time and it broke one fine day and had to spent 7.5k for clutch repairing (my fault )
Both the engine beds changed noise reduced a lot after that.
Ac is still a problem ac gas is leaking some ware cant detect within 6-7 months I should again refill ac gas [frustration]
No other major issues .

I have a nice local mechanic who is very knowledgeable person so no worries for me. he has a small workshop where only 10-12 cars can fit so he will always in a hurry to finish the work so I will get my car rectified within a couple of days .
If you are going for petrol go for city or lancer will be fun to ride .I felt lancer more fun than city .

The ground clearance is a big pain .

Ilango hates lpg kit [evil]

Hope it helps .

Thread Starter #30

thanks alot man for the link,(nice review,waiting for next update )
Fitting an LPG you did a great job buddy,87BHP rocks,hope you get the AC repaired and good to hear you have a reliable mechanic,
is yours Gli one or glxi,well what is the difference between both?cant figure it.
regarding CNG in baleno i mentioned wrong it was surfer's friend not ilango[;)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom