Buying Tata Aria - Need Suggestions.

Thread Starter #1
On 31/08/12, I booked a Tata Aria Pride 4X4. I requested the Sales Manager to bring the latest possible manufactured car and I have no problem to wait extra for that. The Sales Manager in the dealer’s showroom promised me to get a Aug-12 manufactured car. Yesterday, I got the mail from the dealer mentioning that the car is in transit and the VIN No is MAT614064CRDxxxxx. I decoded the VIN and found it to be April-12 manufactured[shock].

What is the scope of problems for keeping a car idle for 5 months after manufacture? How serious is this issue of being 5 months old and should I accept this car?

I have paid a token advance only and told them that I will pay only after pre-registration PDI. I can very well cancel the order with a minimum cancellation charge.

Since, my family is very excited and counting days to get the car, I am unable to decide what to do.

Please, somebody help me with respect to reality, without counting the emotional values.

Re: Buying Tata Aria.Need Suggestions.

Ask for more discounts since it is more than 5 months old car.
Do not budge with that demand.
How much is the On Road price offered?

I dont think you will get an augest mfg Aria considering low sale.
dont hasten out of emotion,
Meanwhile as superbad mentioned above you can demand discounts by little bit of tactics like saying you are going for some other brand etc

Sarb,

I suggest to wait for 1 or 2 months as TATA is going to launch its Storm and also Aria sales is not so good, with these two reasons, I am really positive that Tata will reduce the prices of Aria to some extent after launch of Storm and you will get benefited with the price[:)]

I feel Aria's Design is bit of a let down though Tata has tried very hard to make it a coupe like Crossover like CR-V but It's not good that's why we hardly see any Aria's on Road, Better go with Safari Storm or Buy the Scorpio or XUV5OO with Killer Looks.

P.S-Don't be Demotivated by my comment, It's my personal Opinion.

On 31/08/12, I booked a Tata Aria Pride 4X4. I requested the Sales Manager to bring the latest possible manufactured car and I have no problem to wait extra for that. The Sales Manage
April 2012 vehicle is not that old IMO.I don't see any such problems.Only thing is that since the SE promised August manufacturer car and is going to deliver an April 2012 car,ask him to give you 50 thousand more cash discount.

And if they don't ask them to provide you with extra accessories like roof rails,front wing,side cladding etc for free.

Technically 5 months car is not that old.Just be careful to check the engine oil level during pdi and everything else will be fine.

THE X-OVER

350Z

Core Team
What is the scope of problems for keeping a car idle for 5 months after manufacture? How serious is this issue of being 5 months old and should I accept this car?
There is no issue as such in buying a 5 month old car. It’s also justified considering the sluggish sales of Aria. I myself bought a car older than this and there are no issues so far. The ball is in your court. Just remember to make most out of this reason. However, do also ensure to thoroughly inspect the vehicle before finalizing the deal. Here's a link that might be of some help: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

There is no issue as such in buying a 5 month old car. It’s also justified considering the sluggish sales of Aria. I myself bought a car older than this and there are no issues so far. The ball is in your court. Just remember to make most out of this reason. However, do also ensure to thoroughly inspect the vehicle before finalizing the deal. Here's a link that might be of some help: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I feel still feel, it is more sensible to wait for Storm, than going for 5 months old Aria !![:)]

Amigo,Aria is aria it is unique and different.other than bagging all the possible discount at this moment and enjoying the vast space and awesome ride ,I dont find a reason to wait for storme.
Newer version will keep coming and wait would become endless.who knows after the launch of storme Tata increase the prices or something similar.
I wouldnt recomend you to go for it paying 18 lakhs, at present moment its not worth that much sure.

350Z

Core Team
I feel still feel, it is more sensible to wait for Storm, than going for 5 months old Aria !!
Of course but since OP is specific to Aria; I assume he would have finalized it after thought process. Storme can turn out to be a fantastic car but the wait is endless. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Of course but since OP is specific to Aria; I assume he would have finalized it after thought process. Storme can turn out to be a fantastic car but the wait is endless. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Vibhor, I dare to differ with you here. After all it is hard earned money of somebody and the Storm is just on its toes of its launch and I really feel like waiting for it is worth in all the angels, where practically an Aria is failed to achieve anything in the market. But it is a hard truth !![:)]

350Z

Core Team
I really feel like waiting for it is worth in all the angels, where practically an Aria is failed to achieve anything in the market. But it is a hard truth !!
Different people have different requirements. If Aria did not suit to the masses, it doesn’t means that it cannot be a suitable car for an individual’s specific requirements. I cannot comment here since OP has not mentioned his needs. Therefore, it is assumed that he has chosen the vehicle after research as per his own requirements.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Vibhor, I dare to differ with you here. After all it is hard earned money of somebody and the Storm is just on its toes of its launch and I really feel like waiting for it is worth in all the angels, where practically an Aria is failed to achieve anything in the market. But it is a hard truth !![:)]
Gurralla what if his requirement is for proper 7 seat car ? Strome is not a proper 7 seater please understand this .

Whatever he wants let him decide yaar . His question was if is it ok to buy a April model or not suggest him if it's ok or not , why are we creating confusion by brining strome here ? Has he asked us what is a another option for aria ? If yes then suggest him anything else then aria .

Strome and aria are entirely 2 differnt vehicles serving entirely differnt purposes .

And are you sure strome will be completely niggle free from day 1 ?

Aria has failed to achieve anything in market dosent mean its a bad car .

Ford sells only 200 new fiesta every month does it mean it is a bad car and why dint you suggest you freind not to buy it when he bought the new fiesta ? even new fiesta has achieved nothing it's a hard truth .

Last edited:
IMHO Aria's Engine is a gem since i have driven it but looks of Aria is strict thumbs down, Better is to consider XUV 5OO if someone's spending close to 10-11 Lacs.

On 31/08/12, I booked a Tata Aria Pride 4X4. I requested the Sales Manager to bring the latest possible manufactured car and I have no problem to wait extra for that. The Sales Manager in the dealer’s showroom promised me to get a Aug-12 manufactured car. Yesterday, I got the mail from the dealer mentioning that the car is in transit and the VIN No is MAT614064CRDxxxxx. I decoded the VIN and found it to be April-12 manufactured[shock].

I have paid a token advance only and told them that I will pay only after pre-registration PDI. I can very well cancel the order with a minimum cancellation charge.

Since, my family is very excited and counting days to get the car, I am unable to decide what to do.

Please, somebody help me with respect to reality, without counting the emotional values.
the dealer promised you aug model and also informed you that you'r car is in transit and later you found that its actually a April model right ?

This means the dealer is a cheater [anger], please stay away from this dealer who knows if he is selling you a test drive or a damaged or rejected vehicle lying in his yard ? . If I was you I would have lost my trust regarding this dealer .

It's is entirely a differnt story when the dealer honestly tells you that they have a April model and ask you if you are ok with it . He has not done that and was trying to fool you by selling a April made model saying that it is August made.

Kindly call tata motors coustomer care ASAP and report this problem and they will act and provide you right solution .and infact even take them on their toes and ask how the hell they can send a April made model in September if atall they had send one which I doubt .

Since you are spending so much money and even ready to wait , I will in all honesty suggest you to stay away from this dealer and order you'r car from another dealer involving tata motors directly and getting strictly a fresh recently made model only .

Even if it's a latest month made model ask for the discount I heard tata motors are giving 1 lakh flat discount on aria .

Last edited:

Top Bottom