• Total Scrap

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends, This is my first post ever and i am new to Automotive India,

I am Planning to buy Skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi elegant version in a month,

most of the octy owners from different review said about horrible information about service and spares, in india mart user review 90% of owners shows negative thought about Octavia [confused]

Still i am interested in octy because i like the whole model since current i am driving Honda City, pls help me to know either proceed to buy octavia,

Model 2005, Mileage 1,20,000, offer price Rs. 4.25 Lac

the seller is my friend only so i know about the service history,

let me help the quoted price is ok or not and also maintaining tips of Octy [cheers]

Dear Friends, This is my first post ever and i am new to Automotive India,
Hello Surya, welcome to TAI.

I am Planning to buy Skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi elegant version in a month,

most of the octy owners from different review said about horrible information about service and spares, in india mart user review 90% of owners shows negative thought about Octavia [confused]
Yes Buddy, Skoda's A.S.S is the culprit here. But if the Service center in your place has good rapport then better go with it.

Model 2005, Mileage 1,20,000, offer price Rs. 4.25 Lac

the seller is my friend only so i know about the service history,

let me help the quoted price is ok or not and also maintaining tips of Octy [cheers]
The car seems to be good but the price would be justified for 4 lakhs

Still i am interested in octy because i like the whole model since current i am driving Honda City, pls help me to know either proceed to buy octavia,
If the service backup and the car satisfies you, then you can surely go ahead with it.

Thread Starter #3
thanks for your feed back Vishwas,

i can easily convince him for 4 Lac, but the A.S.S feels too costly, the first owner spend almost 3.5 Lac in 5 years,

pls let me know if i am treat her with private Garage, will she reply me well or it will turn to trouble,

pls post me someone knows good Garage to service Skoda Cars in chennai

Skoda Octavia is a good option to buy in used cars.

Good ride and handling, good FE and a solid car.

However, Rs 4.25 lacs is too high for a 7 year old Octavia which has done 1,20,000 km.

Check websites for market value of used cars

Price of a Skoda reduces to a half in 3 years. Then calculate 15 to 20% depreciation for the next 4 years.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard, Surya. Skoda Octavia is a highly reliable machine that makes it an apt purchase in second hand car market. You although have to accept that maintenance costs are on higher side and as far as after sales is concerned, not all workshops are alike. Some of our forum members have experienced no trouble with Skoda. However, I am not in favour of this particular car (even if the owner is familiar). Firstly, the kilometres done are too much which calls for replacements of certain parts and secondly, the asking price is high. There are a lot of Octavias for sale out there in used car bazaar. RS is pick of the lot for enthusiasts but it drinks a lot of fuel and again, it’s expensive on pocket. Keep searching and checking out the models, finding a good example with lesser clicks on odometer should not be an issue.

PS: Refer to the following ownership review - it's also a 1.9 and owner lives in Chennai: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...a-1-9-tdi-rider-review.html?highlight=octavia

Drive Safe,
350Z

The 1.9 tdi was most probably the safest and most trouble free version we had from Skoda. However in case of failure of parts, the skoda A$$ plays a major role as good quality aftermarket spares are not easy to find for octavia. Overall, built like a tank and made to outlast your grandsons, it would be a nice buy if it is totally fit mechanically and electrically and around the price bracket of 3.5 to 3.75 max.
Can you post some pics of exterior/interior?

freakdude.

I would say look out for more Octavias in the second hand market. I'm sure you'll find one with lesser kilometers on the odo at a lesser price. The only advantage I see of buying this one would be that you know the owner and it has a detailed service history. However, I would say bargain and bring down the price.

One more thing you could do is check the service history and see what parts have been replaced. This might give you an idea as to how much you would have to spend after acquiring the car.

Maintenance costs are on the higher side. Again,Skoda will re-introduce the Octavia brand in '13.So, being an outdated car should reduce its value. Octavia is a very good car, but at 4.25L for this car doesnt seem to be okay. It has done 1.2L kms . So, try to get it a little bit more cheaper.

I agree with other members. A 7 yr Skoda with 1L on run and Chennai (Sea shore)vehicle is too high.
I suggest - ensure to check under bottom and interiors of doors for rust. Get the vehicle on the ramp and have very clear check. try out for Vehicles running away form Sea shore but in same TN reg.

Buddy i would say before making your mind on this one, just give a quick search in the market for another Octavia, since this one is high on ODO and asking price is 4.25L. Search more and i think you will get something low on ODO.
Well for this one i would say 4L should be the price.

I voted for total scrap, as that was the only option that came close to what I intended to say- Not recommended. My senior had one and it was a nightmare when it came to service. Many lawyers in our Bar also were owners of the Octavia and not one, not a single one was happy with his car. There are a lot of consumer cases against Skoda pending before various tribunals across the nation.

The pros of the car are that its a dream to drive and is well planted at speed. You'll enjoy driving it. But the example you are considering as others have already said has run a lot and the price is too high, My senior's 2007 1.9 Rider TDi was sold for 3.75lakhs three months back after doing 1,15,000 on the odo. It had been serviced and had a new set of tyres along with suspension and clutch overhaul as well.

Regarding the consumer cases, take a look at the links:

Å*koda Auto India Private Limited - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Skoda Auto India

Nightmare with Skoda and its dealer | Indian Cars | Car Forums - CarWale

Skoda Octavia - Consumer India

Consumer cases against Skoda Octavia - Consumerdaddy.com

Consumer cases against Skoda Auto India Private Limited - Consumerdaddy.com

Go through the cases and only then make the choice. Among them the link to consumerdaddy.com has the most number of cases and judgements. You need to register there to view the judgements, But I think it would be worth the pain as the cases there will help you to make the right decision.

Last edited:
One of my friend owns a Octy though he never had a big issue but one thing he says is that the car is really high maintenance and even if you go for a service, the bill is huge

Thread Starter #13
Thank you all guys for your valuable reply,

I will ask for further negotiation and update, since he is waiting for his XUV 500 delivery. so i will probably getting my Ovty on May'12.

I agree with other members. A 7 yr Skoda with 1L on run and Chennai (Sea shore)vehicle is too high.
I suggest - ensure to check under bottom and interiors of doors for rust. Get the vehicle on the ramp and have very clear check. try out for Vehicles running away form Sea shore but in same TN reg.
I will agree with you Krish_go, but i have clearly notices there is no such rust on the parts, the owner recently undergone paint treatment from 3M,
So ther is no problem on rust.

I voted for total scrap, as that was the only option that came close to what I intended to say- Not recommended. My senior had one and it was a nightmare when it came to service. Many lawyers in our Bar also were owners of the Octavia and not one, not a single one was happy with his car. There are a lot of consumer cases against Skoda pending before various tribunals across the nation.

The pros of the car are that its a dream to drive and is well planted at speed. You'll enjoy driving it. But the example you are considering as others have already said has run a lot and the price is too high, My senior's 2007 1.9 Rider TDi was sold for 3.75lakhs three months back after doing 1,15,000 on the odo. It had been serviced and had a new set of tyres along with suspension and clutch overhaul as well.

Regarding the consumer cases, take a look at the links:

Å*koda Auto India Private Limited - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Skoda Auto India

Nightmare with Skoda and its dealer | Indian Cars | Car Forums - CarWale

Skoda Octavia - Consumer India

Consumer cases against Skoda Octavia - Consumerdaddy.com

Consumer cases against Skoda Auto India Private Limited - Consumerdaddy.com

Go through the cases and only then make the choice. Among them the link to consumerdaddy.com has the most number of cases and judgements. You need to register there to view the judgements, But I think it would be worth the pain as the cases there will help you to make the right decision.
singh890 your review is very useful, but still i don't think this car will turn trouble some after gone through the service history, it doesn't undergone major worries.

Anyway i will update photos soon.

Any Octy owners pls share some of your ownership experience to help on this discussion.[confused]

350Z

Core Team
Price seem to be on higher side considering its age and mileage. IMO 3.5L should be the right price since you knew the owner and history of the car.

In general, I would prefer Octavia any day for its build quality and balanced ride and handling. A.S.S is a bit painful experience for most of the Octy owners, but if you could find a reliable garage outside, there should not be much problem except for few parts replacement and service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom