Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Try some thing better

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Total Scrap

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
firstly the price is too much for a 7 year & 1.2 lac driven car & outdated model.
how long are you planning to hold the car???
it is the most reliable car from the skoda stable. remember it is a skoda & 12 lac car, maintainance would be high. very high
a clutch overhaul costs nearly 60,000,...

you can proceed, if you find a competent individual garage in your area. but still the cost of spare parts are high

Thread Starter #17
emperor i am going to hold this car for min 4 Yrs, i do own Honda City as my current drive so i have trusted private Garage mech and my place.

emperor i am going to hold this car for min 4 Yrs, i do own Honda City as my current drive so i have trusted private Garage mech and my place.
Another 4 years should not be a problem for Skoda. With private garage you can avail the benefit of low labour charges, but the spares will cost a bomb. Have a complete inspection of Octy mechanicals before you buy.

I can clearly say it was one of the best cars i have used,very stable & amazing fuel economy & one rare car which held its ground at speeds close to 180 regardless of road conditions & a gem engine with its smooth torque. But lets throw the fuel economy part out cos a small spare part(genuine) will cost you 2 full tank diesel,so my opinion dont buy this car if your thinking of making savings/vfm cos you wont except it has rich car image here in India.

Well you will be holding the car for 4 yrs but what about your avg km usage per month?(so to give idea about costs you mite face)

As for a used Octy in most cases tires would have damages cos owners tend to hammer it thanks to its suspension.

On a personal note i dont think i can judge the Octy you mentioned based on Km & age cos i have come across some hammered ones that were brought back to life & seem(not sure) to be doing very well but costs incurred is another thing.

Skoda service is the downfall for there products(barring Rapid since its rebadged Vento with discount) ,so think carefully before you take the plunge.Am not trying to scare you away from a Skoda but trying to be honest on what to expect from personal experience & people around me.

Last edited:
I also want to buy a used octavia but my friend told me that as the octavia has been discontinued the spares will not be available after some time... is this true? please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom