Buying New Swift / Alto K10. Confused About the Mileage

Re: Buying New Swift/alto k10. Confused about the Mileage

Thumbs up to Jazz & Honda, but I put my hands down to Brio simply because the rear design looks akward to me. I can accept its a fab machine but look wise a complete NO. Sorry friends just a opinion & nothing against BRIO.

Happy Motoring
Santosh

Thumbs up to Jazz & Honda, but I put my hands down to Brio simply because the rear design looks akward to me. I can accept its a fab machine but look wise a complete NO. Sorry friends just a opinion & nothing against BRIO.

Happy Motoring
Santosh
Yes, the tailgate design is awkard. However I guess the pros clearly out weight the cons for the Brio.

Brio is a nice car combining almost everything that a hatchback user would look for. But the trendy rear always played a great role in decreasing the sales number to some extend .
Both S(O)MT Brio and Jazz base would ensure Value For Money.

Thread Starter #19

Yes, correct Raja. I was referring to this only (Guess it was late 2011/early 2012). Even for 'City' there were similar discounts offered.

Jazz is a wonderful car. Any given day it's way ahead than Swift. If you are not really concerned about resale value (like many do) then you can blindly go for Jazz.

@Rahul: Take a test drive and you will feel the difference. It's worth every penny for the additional 1.5L
Hello mari,

I could have gone for Jazz but it is out of my budget. There is no doubt that it is full of features but side by side the price is also more. There is another disadvantage for me and that is "resale". We all know that Maruti has great resale value but Honda doesn't have that advantage. So, spending extra only for features and some extra space is not looking good. Moreover, I have to spend less on regular services of Swift but honda might cost me more.

So, after considering all the facts I have decided for Swift only because it has very good advantages and it is only lacking in some features of comfort and safety. Other than that, its a great car to drive and maintain.

Thanks for all the suggestions... I am very thankful to everyone [:)] [:D]

Hello mari,

I could have gone for Jazz but it is out of my budget. There is no doubt that it is full of features but side by side the price is also more. There is another disadvantage for me and that is "resale". We all know that Maruti has great resale value but Honda doesn't have that advantage. So, spending extra only for features and some extra space is not looking good. Moreover, I have to spend less on regular services of Swift but honda might cost me more.

So, after considering all the facts I have decided for Swift only because it has very good advantages and it is only lacking in some features of comfort and safety. Other than that, its a great car to drive and maintain.

Which variant of the swift are you planning to go for ?
If you are planning for VXi do look at ZXi variant and the price gap between VXi and ZXi variants. My suggestion would be to go for the fully loaded ZXi variant which has safety features like ABS and Airbags if your budget allows.

Just a basic question. Sorry If it was asked earlier.

What is sedate driving?
Sedate driving is peacefull driving no racing kind of stuff for example on a open highway one can push the car to its limits means trying to speed the car to max speed or close to max speed , whereas sedate driving is inspite of having all the power in his car the driver will venture in speeds of 80-100 even if the road is good and open, clear for the next 100 Kms . So decide now what are you a sedate driver or not [evil]

Hello mari,

Rahul, I think one of the two points you have mentioned are based on a belief that is no longer true.
Swift and Jazz/Brio would have the similar cost as far as regular maintainence and servicing is concerned. The belief that Maruti is cheaper to maintain is no longer true i.e. if you go through the ASS route. However if you use local garages (& since spares are easily available), then off course its cheaper.

Secondly, if you study the depreciation and resale value of Swift Petrol with any of Honda City/Jazz (Brio being recently introduced); you will find that they have very similar resale curves. In fact, Honda City are legendary for their resale value they fetch even in this volatile markets.

Not discouraging you on the Swift (great car, great handling); but feel Brio is a better overall package - fuel efficiency, ABS, EBD, interior space etc. (even with that tailgate design).

Sedate driving is peacefull driving no racing kind of stuff for example on a open highway one can push the car to its limits means trying to speed the car to max speed or close to max speed , whereas sedate driving is inspite of having all the power in his car the driver will venture in speeds of 80-100 even if the road is good and open, clear for the next 100 Kms . So decide now what are you a sedate driver or not [evil]
My max speed in my sparky is 110. Hope I am a Sedate Driver. [drive]

There is another disadvantage for me and that is "resale". We all know that Maruti has great resale value but Honda doesn't have that advantage. So, spending extra only for features and some extra space is not looking good.
@Rahul: don't give resale value much importance. Look more on the safety features, comfortableness you need from the car for the duration you plan to retain it. Safety should be the primary and foremost importance.

With inflation rates going high, one can never have any kind of profit from a car resale (ideally)

Top Bottom