Buying New Car: Jeep Compass vs Skoda Octavia

Thread Starter #1
Hello there folks, Maulik Khurana here. It's my first time to a forum, so I apologize in advance if there's any kind of mistake in the format of my forum. It would be great If I get some advice, I am looking for a new car, and right now, as per the choices in the market, I am thinking to go for the Jeep Compass Model S maybe techno green or white, here are photos of both colors.

1619270082000.png

1619270082000.png

1619270288562.png

1619270344676.png

1619270423901.png

1619270489528.png

1619271039629.png

I don't want an SUV which is not an all-wheel drive, front-wheel drive cars aren't really SUVs (The Koreans) and are more of a crossover. Then comes another choice, which hasn't been launched yet, the Skoda Octavia, would be coming by the next month or June, a really powerful car, with a 2.0L petrol engine producing 190 horsepower. Yes, you guys can say that I am crazy comparing an SUV and a sedan :stupid:, but even I haven't made up my mind that should I go for an SUV or for a sedan. I live in Delhi where there are so many potholes, bad roads, immense traffic there isn't good infrastructure here where I could enjoy the car's performance, plus my daily drive would be around 60-70 km, and also the low ground clearance. If I go for Jeep, I would go on a road trip every 6 months, Spiti valley, Ladakh, Kasol and many parts of himachal. Then I feel if I go for jeep, I would miss out on such a performance-oriented car which jeep definitely isn't.

I test drove the 9 speed automatic, which isn't punchy and there is no such kick in and would miss out on the mods because if I go for Skoda, I'll be tuning the car. See I love both those cars, I totally love them and it is really difficult to choose one for me[confused]. I am a complete fanboy of both the cars, both would fall into the same price category, even the Octavia would be costing around 30 Lakhs. I am a little inclined towards Jeep because it is an all-wheel drive, while Octavia would be a front-wheel drive and not a rear-wheel drive sedan. Sometimes I think, go for Jeep there's no use in waiting for the Octavia, after a few years would go for my dream car, a real sedan, BMW 330iM Sport. It is 51-49 basically right now. 51 towards Jeep. Once the Octavia launches, I'll go for a test drive and then would think which car to go for. :help

@maulikk
You are in a real dilemma as both your shortlisted cars are Dream Machines in their respective segments.
Between the colors you have selected for Compass, White looks more Stunning and Bold enhancing the Glossy Black Front grill and bumper.

Top Bottom