Buying New Automatic Petrol Car

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI,

I am looking to buy an petrol, automatic transmission car for my parents. This would be our first car. The car would be rarely used like 2-3 times a month in city and 3-4 times a year on Highway. I am thinking about a hatchback. The car should have an automatic transmission and should be great on safety and must have good space. mileage and performance are not a big criteria. But the car should be low on maintenance. We haven't test driven any car until now. Please help me choosing a car,

Thanks,

Vamshi.

Last edited:
Re: Planning to buy a car

Hey Buddy if you looking for a hatch with the automatic option than i guess you only have 3 options and they are:
Maruti Suzuki A-Star
Hyundai i10
Hyundai i20

Now it depends what is your budget and what fuel type are you going. And Since you driving is not that much i would recommend that petrol will be a good option for you.

Thread Starter #3

Hey Buddy if you looking for a hatch with the automatic option than i guess you only have 3 options and they are:
Maruti Suzuki A-Star
Hyundai i10
Hyundai i20

Now it depends what is your budget and what fuel type are you going. And Since you driving is not that much i would recommend that petrol will be a good option for you.
Thanks Singh for information,
I am looking for petrol engine. The budget is max 6-7 Lakhs. I was going through these cars reviews. I read that Hyundai I20 is a bit expensive for the automatic variant. How will be the Hyundai I10 and Maruthi A-Star. I also heard that new compact Swift Dizire has automatic variant too.

Are there any new automatic variants that will be released soon. I read some website that Honda Jazz was planning to release automatic variant pretty soon. The plan is to buy the car by end of this year.

"I also heard that new compact Swift Dizire has automatic variant too."

Hi Vamshi, I guess for the budget & drive options you have the only Car that fits your bill is New Swift Dizire, it looks very similar to cousin swift but the back boot space is cramped & quality of the boot is compromised too[frustration], rest of the vehicle is a worth buying machine with their excellent after sales support & wide network of A.S.S. Good Luck to you. Keep us updated about your buy & its ownership experience.

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
[cheers]

Buddy with that budget you can go for the Hyundai i10 Asta (Automatic). Hyundai i20 Asta is a good option too but that will go a bit over your budget.

Even though i10 A/T is a guzzler, I would still say its a much better option than the A star & the Maruti Dzire. The Marutis comes with an antiquated gearbox.

Yes, I too feel i-10 would be a perfect fit as you wanted a hatchback. i20 is expensive & a star won't do justice to your 6lac+ budget.

Jazzy

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard, Vamshi. Hyundai i10 Automatic is certainly a wise pick considering the requirements. Its compact size yet quite roomy interiors are practical and convenient for city running even more so if your parents are going to drive. On the other hand, Swift Dzire is slightly bigger with an advantage of space but no point in considering, as the automatic variant might exceed the budget and does not offers Airbags either.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom