Buying My First New Car Under Rs.5.5 Lakhs – Help Please

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am Samrat from Kolkata and i am thinking of buying my first car in August 2012. I am actually confused going through the numerous automobile sites and car recommendation etc and can't make up my mind. I am thinking of enrolling at driving school in July and in august go for a few test drives and finalize my car and buy it by end of august.

Please help me in finalizing some options please.

Budget: 4- 5.5 l
Priorities : Fuel economy(around 14-14 kmpl petrol), safety,comfort,looks.
Features needed: ABS,Power Windows, Central Locking,Keyless entry,Music System,Climate Control,Power Steering
Monthly Running: 600 kms approx(500 city /100 highway)
For Which Purpose: Commuting to office, Long drives nightime (city), weekend highway drives and weekend mall hopping /multiplex etc with family
Max. Seating Capacity: 4-5 max.
Priority of Fuel Type: Petrol
Body Type:Hatchback/Sedan

Regards,
Samrat

take a look at the new i10. i10 1.2 Sportz and Asta both will fit your budget.
In city like Kolkata i10 is a boon to drive. I am personally using 2 i10s in Kolkata.

I think FE of 14km/lt & climate control are the 2 features which will be very difficult to get . If you want this kind of FE in KOLKATA traffic (I stress Kolkata), then Alto/Eon are your only choices...maybe spark at most. Getting climate control under 5 lakhs is not possible i think.
If you can forgoe these 2 things then i10, Beat & Brio fit yor bill. Try enlist in a driving school that has an i10 or santro at least.

I completely agree with Jazzy. Only Beat in this segment has Climate Control but service of Chevrolet in Kolkata is a disappointing. If you want features and an all rounder i10 is surely the car for you and if you just want a good driver's car and don't care about features and all then Brio.

Thread Starter #7
Yash & Jazzy - thx for the replies.

Can you please let me know whether service of hyundai is good in kolkata ? and i dont think they have 3 yrs maintenance scheme like chevrolet but still whether service is good ?? and do they have AMC kind of servicing contracts ? And like Maruti, do they have multiple service centres?

Also please let me know the difference between i10 1.2 Sportz and Asta and which model should i look at ?

And guys, what is your opinion on the new Maruti swift/ritz models in comparison to i10?

regards,
Samrat

Hi
Hyundai has launched a 5star service related program for santro & i10. Check this:
Hyundai launches 5 Star Assurance Program for customers| Zigwheels.com

i10 sports is the most popular model as it has most relevant features & cost wise is a better VFM than Asta but if you have the cash go for Asta. Moreover Hyundai has a service centre in Park Circus & 1 near Chetla I believe. I haven't heard any major complaints regarding Hyundai servicing really.

The only grudge against i10 is its FE which all my pals say is not good. They hardly get 10 with ac in Kolkata. Swift n ritz are good cars by their own right, but remember the Kappa2 VTVT engine in the new i10 is the latest from the hyundai family. It is the fastest 1.2lt hatch in the country today. Its basically the tallboy design carried over from santro whereas the swift is more grounded hatch which has its own cult following. TD both & check it out. Ritz is getting a facelift very soon btw

Re: Buying My First New Car Under Rs.5.5 Lakhs – Help Please

For 5.5 L you will get only chevrolet beat 1.2 LT option pack that meets all your requirements , and you can add an additional GM genuine keyless plus immobilizer at a price of maximum 5k.

Last edited:
bro, I take all my hyundai cars from Saini or Mukesh Hyundai.
Both are pretty good but I personally like the service of Saini Hyundai.
Bro, you can take a look at both the models after that you can decide what you want and which is the best car according to your needs. My old i10 is 1.2 Sportz and the new one is 1.2 Kappa2 Magna.
Swift is a good car but buying a petrol Swift doesn't make sense atleast to me plus Maruti in Kolkata is not that good. If you have noticed maximum people in Kolkata owns a Hyundai. Swift and Ritz are good enough for diesel but in Petrol buying a MS is not worth. I would anyday go for a Hyundai or any other brand if I will buy a petrol car.

Top Bottom