Buying My First Diesel Hatchback - Need Help from Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, Ritz is also a decent buy. Heard that new ritz is going to be launched. Better wait for that one. Ritz has decent ASS, Rear Seat legroom, Headroom, Boot space. Better go for ritz vdi or Ford figo Zxi.

My friend owns a punto emotion pack, and everytime i sit in his car it feels everything is struggling to stay in place !! Once even the door card came off .
There is lot of mechanical problems too. like for instance the clutch pedal got stuck in the depressed position once !

But still it is one of the finest hatchbacks i have ever driven, just loves the way it looks and handles , no doubt it is my favourite diesel hatchback.
I
Sorry OT [lol] But Aviral bhai this post reminds me of Amitabh Bachhan conversation in Sholay when he goes to talk for Dharmendra's proposal, haan mechanical issues lekin gaadi badiya hai, darwaza gir jaata hai, lekin badhiya chalti hai, clutch bekaar hai lekin gaadi smooth hai [;)]

Hi,
I am planning to buy my first diesel car. I'm looking for a car with good performance,looks,quality and low maintenance. I'm willing to spend up to 6.5ls and have Polo and Swift in mind. I love Polo,but i heard that its under-powered. Swift is powerful but it has poor quality interiors. Are there any new upcoming cars? I'm willing to wait.
[confused]
If you compare between Swift and Polo

For VFM i will vote for Swift, but if you want to experience a different league diesel hatchback then my vote goes to Polo, to judge both the cars in better way i suggest you for back to back test drives of both the cars then you can choose easily and find which one is a better car.

I strongly disagree that Polo is under powered though it got 3pot engine but same is more than enough to handle this baby check yourself in test drive.

For ASS off course Maruti is well known for this unmatchable.

If you compare between Swift and Polo

For VFM i will vote for Swift, but if you want to experience a different league diesel hatchback then my vote goes to Polo, to judge both the cars in better way i suggest you for back to back test drives of both the cars then you can choose easily and find which one is a better car.

I strongly disagree that Polo is under powered though it got 3pot engine but same is more than enough to handle this baby check yourself in test drive.

For ASS off course Maruti is well known for this unmatchable.
I do agree with you toughGuy.
VW Polo is a good car. Its German.It has got top notch interiors.
The TDI engine in Polo is ok when it comes to highway cruising. Its when it comes to bumber to bumber traffic where we have to stop and proceed frequently that the turbo lag can be felt. We did a TD of the Polo a couple of months before.Every thing is fine with VW Polo except the turbo lag in peak traffic conditions.

Thread Starter #38
New Ritz ? [clap] When are they planning to lauch? Any idea? I think ill wait..
I dont like Pulse or Micra.. Hate the interiors..

R-Owl
I own a Vista TDI-ticks most of the boxes on your wish list and more-however as below your budget-rugged engine though!
I suggest you take a test drive in the Vista Quadrature-If-and this is a big if-you have a good Tata motors show room/ service center close-by and they have a good reputation for after sales
You will love the car for its space,comfort,engine and mileage. You may not be too pleased with the after sales-which however is not bad,but at times will drive you up a wall
I suggest you TD both the Quadrajet and TDI versions-you can save some hard earned money with the TDi-is not too bad compared to the quadrajet and on average will give you ~17-20 Km/lit
cheers

Thread Starter #41
Hows FIAT's ASS? And is it safe to go for Punto keeping maintenance and other factors in mind? In terms of performance which is better,Swift or Punto (both diesel)?
People from Kochi,hows Concorde Motors?

Hows FIAT's ASS?
Honestly speaking, I don't know. But this makes me ROFL [lol]. Sorry guys for being naughty. Having a bad day, I guess.

Coming to the topic, don't have a first hand experience of FIAT's A$$. However, I heard from friends that they are getting good service from the dealers out of Pune, MH. Now this can be city/dealer dependent. FIAT is not bad at serving when it goes to big cities (Metros & would be metros) IMHO. Not heard/read any members complaining about their service. So if it is only the service support that is bothering you, then you need to decide and get out of the dillema on your own. Try following

1. Weigh your love/liking of the car with the service
2. Weigh the satisfaction you expect from the car to the frustration the service may cause
Compare on these two things with cars in contention and you have your answers [;)]

Hows FIAT's ASS? And is it safe to go for Punto keeping maintenance and other factors in mind? In terms of performance which is better,Swift or Punto (both diesel)?
People from Kochi,hows Concorde Motors?
I have been to Concorde motors kochi recently at Nettur .
I would suggest give a personal visit and get it cleared.

In terms of performance which is better,Swift or Punto (both diesel)?
Swift is better in FE and 0-100 timings (source:-internet)

AFA ritz vs punto is concerned, punto depends on TATA ASS(not so good), while ritz ASS is best in India.

Also punto GC was questionable? Let's invite punto owners to elaborate.

Long waiting period for swift means custemer is at the mercy of the dealer, also how to manage the need of the car during the waiting period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom