Buying My First Diesel Hatchback - Need Help from Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The choices for your budget would be:
I20 Magna CRDi,Swift VDi,Punto Dynamic MJD,Polo TDi Comfortline.
Or you can chose smaller cars (comparitively) and go for high end variants:
Renault Pulse RxZ, Ford Figo, Etios Liva, Maruti Ritz.

For your budget my preferences would be:
Punto (Good looks + you will get ABS)
I20 (Spacious, If you wait you can checkout the facelifted version)

And, He has given a budget of 6.5 L. So, In this budget, I think punto will be the best bet as swift lacks rear seat space and boot space.
Even Punto has cramped seats at the rear. So if rear seat comfort is a must then better try Ritz VDI ABS , Figo ZXI,Liva GD, Vista VX.

Give a look at pulse too it looks fab when it passes through.

Even Punto has cramped seats at the rear.
Yes, you are right. Also, the interiors are not great. The i20 has the best interiors in this set of cars.

Give a look at pulse too it looks fab when it passes through.
Yes,its a good city car. Decent interiors and space. But ABS missing even on the High variant.

lxi.

Suspended
@Anand, Buddy I also advised him for the i20. But he is already having a petrol on in his home!
Maybe Liva is great in terms of space.

Thread Starter #20
I think ill wait for the new i20 and if i am not pleased with it,then ill go for Swift..
[drive]

already own a petrol I20. So not planning to pick up another one. I'm not into Figo that much. Punto is a very nice car. But,since Fiat services are not that great in our country(thats what i heard), i'm dropped it.
When is Hyundai planning to launch the new I20? By the way, i also heard that VW is planning to launch Polo 1.5 TDi? When are they planning to do that?
I realize you from Kochi. Why not give a visit to concord Tata fiat showroom (Nettoor, Maraud )?
Just a week ago One of my friend has bought a Linea t-jet.
And he too was in between Volkswagen and ford but sold for a fiat.
and there you should definitely reconsider the fact that fiat service is getting better and owners are more and more satisfied that what it used to be in past.

Thread Starter #23
How is Skoda Fabia diesel ? I just saw a black fabia with white top,just like a mini.. It was sexy !
[clap]

Skoda fabia, punto suffer from low GC.
skoda has poorest ASS. Read JD power associate s csi survey.
Liva interiors are poor.
Ford has costliest ASS.
Swift is a good buy, but then you become a part of huge crowd.
Satisfied custemer of i20 would be satisfied, only with nissan micra/ again I 20 IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

lxi.

Suspended
you should definitely reconsider the fact that fiat service is getting better and owners are more and more satisfied that what it used to be in past.
+1 to Jayadev.

What about nissan micra/Renault Pulse?

How is Skoda Fabia diesel ? I just saw a black fabia with white top,just like a mini.. It was sexy !
[clap]
Fabia diesel looks good as you said and has spacious interiors.It shares the same 3 pot engine from Polo, you can try it if the service backup of skoda dealers is good in your city.

It is not free from limitations though, the maintenance and spares of that company is exorbitant.

Maruti Swift diesel would be the best buy for you considering the overall requirements. Minor issues such as plastic quality are negligible considering the performance of the vehicle in other aspects such as handling, after sales service etc.
Fiat Punto would defenitly be another choice if you dont want to go for the swift.

lxi.

Suspended
Punto is better than swift in terms of handling. Just major drawback in Punto is FIT AND FINISH (Actually, I have read in reviews, Never seen a punto from inside :stupid:).
The swift is a better buy if you are going to sell off in 2-3 years because it has better resale value than Punto.
But, Fiat's ASS is improving a lot.

Punto is better than swift in terms of handling. Just major drawback in Punto is FIT AND FINISH (Actually, I have read in reviews, Never seen a punto from inside :stupid:).
The swift is a better buy if you are going to sell off in 2-3 years because it has better resale value than Punto.
But, Fiat's ASS is improving a lot.
My friend owns a punto emotion pack, and everytime i sit in his car it feels everything is struggling to stay in place !! Once even the door card came off .
There is lot of mechanical problems too. like for instance the clutch pedal got stuck in the depressed position once !

But still it is one of the finest hatchbacks i have ever driven, just loves the way it looks and handles , no doubt it is my favourite diesel hatchback.
I

Yeah. Swift is a good buy if he wants resale value after 2 years. But he will get his car only after 1 year. [lol] I have contacted 2 dealers in Cochin. Waiting period said by both: 10.5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom