Buying Confusion - VW Vento and Ford Classic

Thread Starter #1
HI!

Am a fresh member of this forum and need some desperate advice! Everybody I know and asked these questions has excalated the confusion even more. So looking for help from You guys!

I am facing a buyers problem! I am very much confused between VW Vento Comfortline (D) and Ford Classic Titanium (D). Ford classic is priced lower than VW Vento and carries many more features such as airbags and ABS. But I have concerns regarding the long term ownership (service+spare part) cost of both cars. Can somebody helpout here and give a personal opinion about the both cars in terms of:

1) Long term ownership costs (service and spares).

2) Resale value after 5-6 years.

3) Value for money in terms of features available.

Would be really really glad for some good advice!

regards,

N.

350Z

Core Team
Am a fresh member of this forum and need some desperate advice! Everybody I know and asked these questions has excalated the confusion even more. So looking for help from You guys!
Nitin, Welcome to The Automotive India. I am an owner of a Ford Fiesta Classic SXi. Hope I can help.

1) Long term ownership costs (service and spares).
Ford would be more affordable than a VW as far as spare parts and overall maintenance is concerned.

2) Resale value after 5-6 years.
Vento will fetch a better resale than Fiesta Classic. More so as Ford is likely to phase out this model in near future.

3) Value for money in terms of features available.
There is difference of almost a lakh between both the models. Fiesta obviously turns out to be a better value considering the additional features that it offers such as Airbags, ABS (Must) and Alloys. In fact, availability of the safety features along with a brilliant performance was enough to clinch the deal for me while finalizing Fiesta earlier in 2012. Although, do also remember that Classic now falls a segment below than Vento ever since Ford introduced New Fiesta in India. You will also find a few cost cutting gimmicks here and there on New Classic. Particularly, I dislike the quality of Figo’s dashboard. Overall, it is a personal call. Just let us know the exact requirements by answering a few questions as mentioned in this link. It would help us to recommend the most suitable car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Vento D is the torque king in the segment buddy(250@1500) as opposed to Fiesta's 160@2000. Vento has a better snob value too. Maintenance wise Fiesta would be lighter on pocket as compared to Vento. Also, out of the two Fiesta would be a better VFM model as 350Z correctly pointed out, as you get ABS and Airbags where as Vento comfortline misses out on these. Still, if you have the budget for Vento i'd suggest you to go for it as when selling it after 4-5 years, Vento would fetch more than Fiesta so the ~1lac premium at initial price doesn't actually totals to 1lac.

freakdude.

Hello nkorepal,
Vento comfortline would be a a nice pick if it had ABS. Comfortline has only some comfort features over the trendline variant. These lack of basic safety features makes no sense for the premium money we pay for.
While Classic Titanium TDCi covers everything including ABS and Airbags under the package and is great VFM for the the money we spend.
Regarding resale I would say, both VW Vento and Classic would go the same direction.
When it comes to service I think Ford would be cheaper to maintain than a VW.

Nkorepal
VW has introduced a bridge model these days which lies between highline and comfortline. This model has all features of highline excluding steering mounted controls and leatherette seats. Please contact your dealer to know more. If possible extend you budget then this model becomes a good package.
Just wanted to let you know that and regarding choosing one of them, gurus will suggest you better.

@Korepal

Welcome to TAI !!

As others suggested, I will vote for fiesta classic which is a complete VFM and no-nonsense car and maintenance also very much cheaper. But Vento scores on built quality, a fresh model in the market and it is VW[:)] finally.

If you look at FE, then again Fiesta scores here with proven engine. But do check both and also check Skoda Rapid too considering that your location and driving may involves some hilly region, hence see which will work better in those kind of situations.

I feel you need not to think much on resale as they are diesels and any day fiesta will have its nice resale value[:)]. Just think more on that which one is more comfortable for you.

nkorepal, I own a 2009 Ford Classic D and done 69865 till date and happy with it in terms of comfort, FE etc. The service costs are cheap and hope it will be more cheaper now.

My sister has a VW 2011 Vento D. Vento scores in torque, latest market entry than Classic. But the maintenance cost is more.

Last edited:
nkorepal, I own a 2009 Ford Classic D and done 69865 till date and happy with it in terms of comfort, FE etc. The service costs are cheap and hope it will be more cheaper now.

My sister has a VW 2011 Vento D. Vento scores in torque, latest market entry than Classic. But the maintenance cost is more.
VW Vento (D) approx. annual maintenance cost are around 8K - 10K is my understanding. How much is the Ford (D) annual maintenance cost?

Ford Classic clearly triumphs in giving maximum value for your rupee spent, where as VW are known to be expensive to maintain.

VW Vento (D) approx. annual maintenance cost are around 8K - 10K is my understanding. How much is the Ford (D) annual maintenance cost?
Like what 350z said fiesta classic and figo shared many interior decors not only that even annual maintenance cost is also similar to figo.

the approx for fiesta classic would be around 3k to 5k.

We have a Ford Classic Diesel Clxi 2011 model. Done about 17k kms till date in about 15months. The car is returning amazing FE almost close to 21kmpl. The service bills for the first year tally to a total of Rs.3800. But IMO Vento is a segment higher vehicle. Of course you'll be missing out on the safety features in the comfortline variant. The service cost of Vento would be substantially higher in the range of 10-12k per annum. I would advise to go for Ford Classic Titanium given the two options or else stretch your budget a little more and go for the Vento Highline which has safety features as well.

Top Bottom