Buying a Used Octavia 1.9TDI

Thread Starter #1
Hi guyz,

Sold my baleno last week in my quest to upgrade. I m looking for used Octavias around 2003 to 2005. It would be helpful to get info on the maintenance schedule/costs and the spare parts price list if possible.

Also, I would like to know any spare parts retailer details for skoda parts in Chennai as I will be using the car in here mostly.

More suggestions are welcome on my next car decision. Thanks all

350Z

Core Team
If you are sure that you have to purchase an Octavia, then start searching for one now since it has proved as a very reliable car worldwide, But only difficulty you should be ready to face is comparatively higher maintenance costs. Tell us your budget too, which would help us to point you towards a better car. For Rs.5 – 6 Lac, You can get a fairly decent model or even an RS Turbo for that matter, if you are ready to compromise with Fuel Efficiency for an exhilarating driving experience. Also check this thread which will come handy while inspecting one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi octavias are known to last long because of their sturdy build & engines.

BUT, they are also known for their pathetic A.S.S. (currently the most infamous one) & heavy spare parts prices.

So overall, i would ask you to avoid a used Octavia.

I would like to know why Octavia? Its a good car agreed but its A.S.S is not really good even in Chennai.

Maintenance schedule must be 15k kms i guess and spare parts will surely be much much costlier than your Baleno!

Tell us your budget , we might find even better cars then.

Well another Octavia fan.

But getting an Octavia is really tough & most of the people who has bought is not ready to sell :)

Even Ilango came to chennai to buy an Octavia & I suggested few places.

I would suggest you to get in touch with Paras MD of Gurudev Motors. He is a nice guy & he can help you out.

Thread Starter #6
thanx Zinam.will do that. in the process of arranging vitamin M. will get it done in another 1o - 15 days. will start hunting then..

A 2003 to 2005 Octi with somewhere close to 50k-75k kms should be a good bet, anything higher then that means soon you might need to get the engine work done.

I was sailing on the same boat ! overcome all fears about the ASS and got one. and i am satisfied than ever before. Its a trouble free car , by 90k it needs a clutch plate change. That should be the only costly service for you. Other than that , just oil change for every 15-20k which is a pretty long interval.

Jeno[cheers]

Top Bottom