Buying a Skoda Rapid

Hi drniladrisaha, Did you buy the Skoda Rapid finally? I am planning to buy Rapid Elegance Petrol Automatic. Thought if I can have some views on it.

Car experts, any views on Rapid Elegance Petrol Automatic? my monthly run is around 400 kms so wanting a petrol.

Buying a New Skoda Rapid

Hi Guys

I know I've raised this similar post earlier about Skoda Rapid 2014 but I am not able to get straight answer from the Skoda Dealers.

I enquired with Chennai,Trichy & Salem dealers and the response I got about new Skoda is March 2014, November 2013 and no updates respectively. I called up Vinayak skoda in Blore and he says, new skoda is available with new features right away.

Updated Skoda Rapid Introduced at Rs 8.04 lakh | CarDekho.com

Skoda customer car is not even replying and just forwarding my emails to Gurudev Motors. This is delaying my purchase decision badly.

I know Dealers want to clear off their stocks, but why are they not willing to sell new Rapid, when I am ready to pay more, if the cost is more.

Can someone from the Forum please help me with this ?

Has anyone got any info from Skoda dealers across India ?

thanks
vijay

Re: Buying a New Skoda Rapid

Ya its the same story here too, some dealers are telling they have got the cars for delivery so if you want to buy new one than we can provide you that and some saying they have not got any news regarding new model and trying to sell old model only.

It has come thats for sure, you straight away tell your dealer i want to buy the new updated rapid if you want to sell than give else i am going with other brand. See than what they have to say.

Dears

I am in same confusion in July 2017. My use is monthly 700 to 800 km in city Bangalore and long drive for 2000 km in a year. Want to keep the car as long as possible. Need manual. Only confusion that skids rapid petrol or diesel

Dears

I am in same confusion in July 2017. My use is monthly 700 to 800 km in city Bangalore and long drive for 2000 km in a year. Want to keep the car as long as possible. Need manual. Only confusion that skids rapid petrol or diesel
Go with Petrol.

Thanks Mr. Gautam.

Though I was about to book TJET but still they even not updated the post gst price. Also from sales fig. seem FIAT cannot sustain in India after 2018.

Vento 1.2 TSI is too cosly to maintain in long term.

Didnot like City /Verna.

So finalized Rapid 1.6 MT topend as it is easy to maintain, 6000-8000 yearly service cost.

Only confusion is in many review it is telling the engine is too old etc. I

Can you pl. guide me here.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So finalized Rapid 1.6 MT topend as it is easy to maintain, 6000-8000 yearly service cost.

Only confusion is in many review it is telling the engine is too old etc. I
RK you have opted a good car. Do remember to take the maintenance package as well for added peace of mind. As far as the engine goes, I would say, there are many brands which are continuing with the tried and tested specs of engine till now so opting for Rapid 1.6 is a wise move since its also a tested one. Also in comparison to diesel engine, Rapid Petrol would still be having less noise[:D].

Regards

Akash

Thanks a lot Mr. Akash.

You have giving me the confidence to go ahead with Rapid Petrol as my new car.

Asked the dealers in bangalore for best deal and will book by next week.

Thanks Sir for ll the support.

Also in comparison to diesel engine, Rapid Petrol would still be having less noise[:D].

Regards

Akash
So true.
I also agree, 'Skoda will take time to produce refined/less noisy engines'
But then too it wasn't silent on move. I wasn't expecting it to be that noisy during TD, but it was acceptable.

Top Bottom