Buying a Second Hand Hyundai i20 CRDi

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

One of my friend was lookout for good used car. He found one :

Car : Hyundai I20 Magna CRDi,
Manufaturing Year : 2010
KM on ODO : 13000
Reg City : Mumbai
Asking Price : 5.25L (I dont kno0w if this negotiable or not)

I have asked my friend to ask the owner about accident history and reason for selling the same.

Is it a good buy?[roll]

Re: Second hand I20 CRDi

It is very difficult to find a diesl I 20, verna, dzire , with such low km figure on odo.

It is good that he has found one, but I suggest to buy a car with pune regn. The car you have mentioned is 2010 model stationed in mumbai climate for 3 years, might suffer from rust later on.

Thread Starter #5
Re: Second hand I20 CRDi

Kms seems very less for a diesel vehicle. Is it from a dealer or individual?
It is from individual, I really feel something's fishy here. that's why I have asked my friend to check out the reason first. and check the accident history of car as well.

Sorry to sound pessimistic mate, but a car with such low kms in odo with the price mentioned would have been sold very soon with a good negotiation indeed, check for any insurance claims and get it checked with a local mechanic and never mind to have a second opinion as you would be shelling out 5L for this buy and its by no means a small amount

At the first look, he should look for tyre manufactuer date, and wear and tear marks on the tyres, which will give fair idea about distance traveled by car after comparing it with car manufacturing date.
This can guide you, to continue the detailed investigations if the findings are matching.

At the first look, he should look for tyre manufactuer date, and wear and tear marks on the tyres, which will give fair idea about distance traveled by car after comparing it with car manufacturing date.
This can guide you, to continue the detailed investigations if the findings are matching.
it is a good idea, until the owner has not changed the Tyre. pls check the manufacturing year and compare with Tyre manufacture date also. Just to make sure every thing is perfect.

@ Dharmesh, have you gone through, the thread by Elite TAI an,350 z ' Inspecting a second hand car--An Exhaustive Guide'.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
@ Dharmesh, have you gone through, the thread by Elite TAI an,350 z ' Inspecting a second hand car--An Exhaustive Guide'.
I know everything about inspection, but the thing I was not sure about is the price for that CRDi I20 and I think price is good, but need to check for other audities before my friend can buy it.

Deal sounds too good to be true,i guess it has "abs" if its the 5 speed variant as it was standard then. If all seems to be well,its a very good price!

@dharmesh,for a 3yrs.completed , excellentcondition mumbairegd.diesel car,60 % of new car otr price is justified.IMHO, with experience of such a deal in past.

What's the otr price of new i 20 magna in mumbai.? It is probably 7.5 to 7.8 lakhs.So it will be a good deal for approx 5 lakhs.or less.

Btw, being 2010 model, is it Bs3 or Bs4 ?

Last edited:

zengetz

Suspended
Check if the owner has more than one car in his household. That could explain the low run. I have come across a lot of people who buy a diesel just because the cost of fuel is less!

Being said, pop the hood up, check for any obvious tampering.
If you have not experienced a turbo diesel, take a friend who owns a Verna/I20 CRDi to do a test drive and they should know how well the Car's turbo spools and fires up. The last thing you need a blown turbo.

Other bells and whistles I'm sure are all cosmetic.

Top Bottom