Buying a Premium Hatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
Update:

Decided on Micra.

Today I again called Skoda for some clarification regarding choice of colour. Observing my desperation for Red colour, dealer is charging 6k extra. Reason: we do not have inventory for red car as it is not preferred, so will have to 'specially' arrange one for you.

Sounded BS & fishy to me.

Checked again with Nissan. He is further offering free seat cover (not much of a Brownie point, but felt good nevertheless). Also assured me that free insurance scheme will be applicable at the date of delivery even if Nissan hikes the price of Micra.

Colleagues and friends are cursing me for going with Nissan- a relatively unknown brand for them with minuscule dealer support. I have decided to take leap of faith considering reports that Nissan will increase dealer base to 100 by 2012.

Hope all will be well.

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations Nuvo. If not in India but worldwide, Nissan is a reliable and popular brand. They are in for a serious market in India and things are expected to only become better soon in the future. About Skoda, for now it seems to be a gone case because the additional premium for a less selling colour is not justified. Nevertheless, as they say, all is well if the end is well. :smile: Keep us updated on the delivery date and do check out the Nissan Micra Review in the meanwhile.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey Fabia's doesn't sell much in red colour. Preferred colour is Beige, white and silver. There shouldn't be any premium on colour. Report it to SKODA directly.

Nissan is not a unknown brand but have almost no presence in India. Service in general will not be a big deal but in case of eventuality you might face some problem.

Good job Nuvo.

Once decided one should not back off unless there is a good enough reason. Since you have decided to go with Micra then start looking at it from all angles. It is good car I must say.

Shailinder:
I just clarified his question about the premium on Red Colour.

Micra is good car indeed with some of the segment first and feel good features.

Very good choice Nuvo. I personally the sweet yet impressive looks of Micra. It stands out on its own in Orange color [:)]

Can you just tell me what are the basic variants and OTRs in delhi?

Thread Starter #38
Thanks to all for wishes and support. Hope to start a ownership thread soon.

Congratulations Nuvo Micra is a good car indeed , have you booked the car?

And i am pretty sure Micra should be reliable enough because Nissan is also Japanese. Regular servicing and maintenance should not be an issue but if unfortunately something goes wrong with the car then things might get tricky with issues like arrival of spares etc etc.

Anyways i am pretty sure Micra will have that solid Japanese reliability!

Thread Starter #42
Yes, I have booked the car (booking amount 10k). Delivery would be within 10-12 days which is in line with my requirement as I need some time to arrange for company loan.

Countdown begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom