So soon , yes , its really fast .

Next is suv kinda

bolero - costly ?

Budget 2L

armada ?
ok in this budget.

ac is a strict must!
add power steering too.

armada grande must be available in 1.3L range , and rest of the amount to Stabilize them!!!

safari pre 2000 model

sierra

etc , add your views.

Hope no need to start a new thread , the car will be bought in a lightening speed , we'll discuss here.

Re: Ford ikon 1.6 SXi Test Drive (Highlight: FE 22.6 Kmpl!)

Armada? No offences meant but why buy an already outdated car!
With that budget you can get a used first gen Indigo Tdi. You can find one easily in the market.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
ilango[speed thirst];72285 said:
Hope no need to start a new thread , the car will be bought in a lightening speed , we'll discuss here.
This is required so that it could help others too, in future. About the dilemma: My simple and straightforward pick would be either the Qualis or Tata Sumo Victa. Try finding the car in such a condition so that minimal amount of refurbishment is required.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Qualis is sold for much higher rate out here as far as I have heard!

Sumo/Victa is in the cards; but do not know what my mother will say about this! We have had a bad experience with our old sumo. Met with an accident on the second day after car was delivered. Ended up selling it! If I can convince her, well then Sumo is also an option!

Please keep pouring in the ideas!

Thread Starter #5
Both sumo and qualis were owned by "holysatan"

Sumo met a accident with "satan"inside just a couple of days after buying it

and the qualis never been to his home after buying .

Armada is old gen bolero with xd3p engine.
bolero sportz and armada grande are similar with 5 speed gear box.

This was my thirst to own a suv after the lancer , but things changed when it came through a exchange.

Bitten by jeep bug , but i was not able to buy them - let us see in future.

From "satan" side its no open jeep .

it must be big with ac - the only word from his home this time!!!

so analysing , a armada grande fits the bill perfectly .

let us see.

Chennai people just give us some link too . armada/bolero/victa/scorpio turbo are welcomed!!

Adding the point ,

leh trip seems to be soon in cards!!! hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Change of plans!

Planned for a new car by sometime next year! So, decided to re-furbish Ilango's 800 and use it till that time!

Back to very practical and affordable means of transport after few months of trial and error method!

Will continue further discussions on the Maruti 800 thread! Mods, please close this thread!

mastersquall, LEH was planned as a long term objective! somewhere around 2013 or 2014.

but then you never know, we guys are crazy enough. might suddenly start even with our two-wheelers if something clicks on our minds![evil]

Thread Starter #9
hmmm leh in 800 , seems fine for nearing towns , but from south to north in a 800 , isn't it a tiring job , though driving a car is always a fun.

given a chance , am ready!

hold on we have a accent diesel crdi too [evil]

350Z

Core Team
Plan a trip from Chennai to Leh in a decade old Maruti 800. I bet, You people could get yourself registered in Guiness Book of World Records. :biggrin: For now, closing this thread on request. Goodluck!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
Re: Tata Safari 3.0L Dicor: Ownership Report

Well the thing is , "holysatan" was looking for a safari and we got a safari 4x4 , 2000 model for 1.85 L and ready to give for 1.75L. "satan's" asking price is 1.6L .

working 4x4 and worst paint job done 2 months back. No one would say its painted , but its full of paint everywhere, cheap and worst body preparation . thing is no need of tinkering!

had some doubt with its door pad. esp the handle. almost everything is same but handle size differs , its more of square and bigger.

dont know if he will buy them.

that would TCIC right because if i remember correctly 3.0 come in 2005 ? . then i think shouldn't door be different then dicor

that would TCIC right because if i remember correctly 3.0 come in 2005 ? . then i think shouldn't door be different then dicor
you are right mastersquall. The one which we saw was a Safari TCIC 2000 model. Initial registration in Delhi and then re-registered in Pondy

Currently under 3rd owner. Done 121K kms I guess!

Good thing is the Engine still feels to be in good condition. It raises all the way till 4000 rpm and settles smoothly.

Cons; Bad body shape; roof needs tinkering, AC needs re-fill, immediate Clutch replacement, steering column repair plus the tyres have treads but are 5 years old.

This package is for 1.75L. Shuold I go for it? Sorry for going :offtopic:

Thread Starter #15

:offtopic:

Hope you should go for them.

Since any safari of this age and price has more than 3 to 4 owner registered.

body work is bad , but tinkering work is done , so saves some time.

Engine is refined and 4wd is working.

issues , worn out clutch , must be due to wrong usage of 4wd , i myself did them while td the car ,
steering box need a overhaul , or replacement. overhaul is enough! This may be issue as this keeps the oil pressure reduced during idling , therefore the oil light keeps glowing in low rpm.
else , oil pump need to be replaced.

that is all the major issue in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom