Buying a New Laptop

Thread Starter #1
hey guys.
my sis is planning to buy a new notebook/netbook within the range of 25k(i know its less. but its just a standby book which she may need @ office or while traveling). so guys please pour in your suggestions regarding the choices available. the requirements are minimum and mostly entertainment purpose.

In the price range you have referred you can get an Acer/Dell with a decent configuration.

Thread Starter #4
i did see that dell mini10 costs 17k bucks for an atom processor(1.66GHz),250GB HDD and 1GB of RAM. hope its a decent config and price.what say guys?

Compaq has some decent options in the budget range.
Have a look at Toshiba, they have superb models too but not sure whether it will fit in budget.

See all the net books-by Dell,HP,Lenovo,HCL,wipro etc have old processors i.e Intel Atom.They are best for net surfing,but when it comes to watching movies and it is too much of load for them.
The latest netbook & the only one in India with a dual core processor is by Asus.I am forgetting the model no. but it was voted no.1 by T3 magazine.It is priced at 25k.Stay away from Dell netbook because I have heard of heating problems in that one.
Go to tech2.com.They have reviews on quite a few netbooks.Pick up this month's T3 if you can.You will find useful stuff there too.
So go for Asus with the dual core or if you want to stick to intel Atom then try out HP netbooks that are priced around 20k.

Thread Starter #8
thank you for the inputs guys.
archit,
brand is also a concern for me. toshiba is somewhat a no no!!! so i am quite comfortable with others like hp,dell,compaq,acer,asus etc.
so i'll first do some re-search online and will then buy it. can i expect some offers to be put up in the near future?

edit:my 500th post(very slow, i know) in my own thread.

Last edited:
Hey Sriharsha Toshiba is also a good brand in laptops , my friend has been using it for more than 6 months now and its really good without any problems! Else i would suggest Acer as it has good service backup in Chennai than others , don know the case in Bangalore!

Hey guys am also planning to buy a new laptop , so i will post my requirements here itself and not start a new thread!

Going to be used by my dad for his business and of course by me also!! [;)]Am looking at the latest core i3 processors from Intel with 3GB RAM and 320GB HDD. Am interested with Acer and Vaio! I get Acer at around 35k with all the above specifications and Vaio being a typical sony costs more than 40k. Acer and Sony has good service back-up in my area than other brands.

My dad being a die-hard Sony fan wants the Vaio , but i have suggested him Acer! Which among the two are good , any reviews , suggestions or comments??

For cheaper one go for acer.

For laptop , its dell with good service !

Some 10 months back my friend bought a lap for 48000/- its name fuji. Its almost solid like and works as eually fast as a desktop with vista OS.

Yes the specifications are intel core I 3 processor , 3GB RAM , 320GB HDD.

Acer provides this for around 35k whereas Vaio costs around 42k!!

Top Bottom