Buying a Headset - Please Help!: Purchased Jabra HALO

Thread Starter #17
Jabra Halo has 2 micro phones with noise cancellation. These mics are on the ear piece itself. So when the wind is blowing directly to your face, it can distract the voice signals from reaching the mic. This will happen when, say, you are riding a bike. I faced this problem because the wind is generally strong in Europe due to the geographical reasons (however not always). today, it is raining here with wind blowing at 19 Km/h. So this distraction is acceptable. There was no distraction in voice quality, when I was inside the train.

Bala, he has already bought a bluetooth headphone, refer post #10.

@Shynish: Understood. Pretty technical.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19
Shynish... when you are taking the headphone... beter go for wireles headphone(bluetooth)..
Yes! I bought the Jabra HALO [thumbsup]

Just like Apple iPhone / iPod / iPod Touch, Jabra Halo comes with built in battery, which is not changeable by the user. This need to be done at their service center. However, Jabra offers a long life for the battery.

Jabra Halo also offers a cable connectivity using 3.5 mm socket. When in cable mode (not connected through blue tooth) it can not be used for calls.

Jabra Halo can connect to 2 blue tooth devices at the same time!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
Feedback: So far the performance of my headset is amazing. The fit is perfect and it can connect to 2 blue tooth devices. I tried this with my iPod touch and my mobile phone. Also used it with pairing to 2 mobiles at the same time. I played music on one mobile while tried to make call on the other! It was way to perfect! I am enjoying my Jabra Halo now! I will post some pictures soon.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
Here come some more information on my headset.

How is the packing ?

Following is the image of Jabra Halo packing.

jabra-halo-0.jpg

The packing is wisely done and is really impressive. All accessories are inside the pillar in the center of the packing. So what all stuffs are there inside the pack?

1. Jabra Halo Stereo Bluetooth Headset
  2. USB Charging Cable (micro USB)
  3. 3.5mm Audio Cable (microUSB to 3.5mm)
  4. Jabra Halo Carry Pouch
  5. Manual
jabra-halo-1.jpg

How does it looks like?

jabra-halo-2.jpg

jabra-halo-4.jpg

How easy it is to carry around?

Well, Halo easily folds as shown below.

jabra-halo-3.jpg

Once it is folded, the headset is automatically switched off. When you unfold it and put it into proper shape, it is active and is available for blue tooth connectivity.

What are the indicators available?

Inside the (left side) headset, there are 2 indicators one each for battery and blue tooth. When the headset is charging, the battery will blink in red color. Blue tooth indicator will blink in blue color when connected and battery status will be green when there is enough charge left.

jabra-halo-5.jpg

What are the controls available?

This is where Jabra Halo scores! As you can see below it has a touch control for volume control which is very precise I would say. The circle button stops/plays music or helps you to take the call. If you double click it, the last dialed number will be dialed automatically. When connected with devices with A2DP profile, you can switch between tracks by double tap on volume control pad. A double tap on + area will skip the track to next one and a double tap on - will move it to the previous one! These are the only controls available and you may require, isn't it?

jabra-halo-6.jpg

Really intelligent and impressive design [thumbsup]

Hi shynish the head phone is awsome.
Can it be used with Ipod, Ipad....
How long can you use it at a stretch(Battery backup).
I had Moto Rockr with Bluetooth headset, the head phone's battery used to drain within 1 & half hour.

Thread Starter #27
Yes, it will work fine with Apple devices. However, due to internal limitation of Apple devices (such as bluetooth is not fully opened) it iwll not give you access controls. Alos, A2DP profile is not supported by stupid Apple. I have an iPod touch and I have used Halo with the same. However, the funny thing is iPod touch will not recognize the mic in HALO. This is because of the 'closed blue tooth' profile Apple has used in their devices. Hopefully, they will offer full support in the later releases.

Oh man, u just mentioned it. I was going to buy one Jabra Halo in a few weeks but now you have said that it does not support mic. It is really useless for iPhone to have headsets without mic as if a call comes i will have to unpair it or switch it off and accept the call the normal way. This is a drawback.

Thread Starter #29
Oh man, u just mentioned it. I was going to buy one Jabra Halo in a few weeks but now you have said that it does not support mic. It is really useless for iPhone to have headsets without mic as if a call comes i will have to unpair it or switch it off and accept the call the normal way. This is a drawback.
You read my post in a hurry. There is nothing worng with Jabra. It has 2 mics with noise cancellation which works perfect!

Please note, iPhones and iPods doesn't support A2DP profile and has a limited (software controlled) feature blue tooth module in place. Hence, you will face lot of limitations in functionality, which is an inherent problem with Apple products.

There is nothing wrong with Jabra HALO and it works perfectly fine with any product which is built as per universally accepted standards [:)]

Top Bottom