Buying a Diesel Car Under 8 Lakh – Ford Fiesta Classic

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

This is Raju from Pune .I need urgent help in decision making.

I have to book a diesel car next week.I am not able to finalize.

1. Finance available
  2. Cash 3-4 lakh , ready to take loan max of 4 lakh.Total of 8 lakh for a car.
  3. Segment - Am open to any (except Tata/Maruti) till max of 8lakh
  4. Planned Fuel - Only Diesel ( I have cal. diff etc etc..)..So diesel is finalized
  5. TD taken - Fiesta Classic Diesel / Etios / i20 Sportz / Liva / Figo

Waiting for Duster -
I have to quickly take decision..Please help..

Main requirement - Mileage/Exterior looks/Comfort
Current have M800 from last 10 yrs..

If anyone has any bad experience with Fiesta Classic Diesel..please let me know..

Thanks,
Raju

350Z

Core Team
Re: Buying a Diesel Car Under 8 Lakh – Ford Fiesta Classic?

If anyone has any bad experience with Fiesta Classic Diesel..please let me know..
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Raju. There are plenty of Diesel car options available under the budget of Rs.8 Lakh. Firstly, decide whether you require a hatchback, sedan or utility vehicle. Ford Fiesta Classic is a car with a proven track record. It does not have any known major problems as far as I know and its Diesel is indeed pick of the lot for nothing but driving pleasure (though a little noisy). The downside is that Ford is considering stopping Fiesta Classic's production sometime in near future and it may feel dated to a few. Otherwise, on the mileage front, it easily ticks the boxes. About the Renault Duster – It’s coming up this June end or July. A worth waiting product but again, please think about the requirements and decide the segment first.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to TAI, If boot is not a major requirement for you then you can go for Figo itself and save some cash as both come from same platform and share loads of mechanicals with each other.

HI raju, you can also check Tata Manza
Mid variant Aura is about 7.77 L on-road in pune
Mileage is about 16-17 in city and 20 -21 on highway use.
Also there is 60k discount till June end.

Thread Starter #5
350Z/visran/Surfer,

Thanks a lot for the help.My thinking was if I can buy a sedan car with 8 lakh budget why not ? so was thinking of Fiesta.Just now have received quote for Vento - it is too pricy for me 9.74 in Pune .

Can you please direct me for major known issues for Fiesta.I may not go for Manza (Family has Manza).

First choice - Sedan
Second - Hatchback

Please guide..

Regards,

@Raju:
Fiesta classic is the car to go for.
There are some minor issues,but if you drive the car sensibly then it will keep you happy for at least 60-70k kms.
After that Fiesta requires some sensors etc change which costs about 20-30k overall,rest everything is okay with the car.

I would suggest you to look at Toyota Etios as well. At around the 8lakh price you get a sedan with ABS and airbags(which you will not get with Fiesta for the price). The mileage is class leading, i believe(19-20+ in the city).

Thread Starter #9
Re: Buying a Diesel Car Under 8 Lakh – Ford Fiesta Classic

How about new Dezire ? do you like that? But is has long long waiting period.
Surfer ,

Thanks for pointing.I will take a TD tomorrow.But to be frank I using M800 for last 10 yrs and want a change so am not that eager to buy Maruti..

Adityajayant,
Regarding Etios - I have read many reviews and most of them don't seem to be satisfied.I took TD of Etios and Liva and didn't like it.
Infact I wanted to dig more into it as I had heard one sales representative saying some recyled parts are used(Maybe a mistake from sales executive or me hearing more than necessary)

Same time I had taken TD of i20..and we liked it.

Ford Classic Diesel - It was a good ride.But now in confusion as people say it could become outdated.Which in turn could result in costlier maintenance.I don't like the looks of Newer Fiesta.

Guys - I have plans to book on this Sunday (17th June 2012) as I need delivery before 21st July.

Raju,

Re: Buying a Diesel Car Under 8 Lakh – Ford Fiesta Classic

For 3 to 4 lakhs you can get a used optra magnum diesel. Its a fantastic car. sub 10 second 0-100 kph, excellent ride comfort and pleasure to drive on long trips. would be a significant upgrade from the maruti 800. you will not need to take a loan since you have 4 lakhs on hand with you so no emi burden which means you can invest the money you were planing for emi on something productive. before taking a decision would advice you to take a test drive of the optra magnum diesel.

In that price range i would say either the ford fiesta classic or the i20. Both are really good cars to own and fun to drive.

If you are ok with TATA product's i would seriously suggest you to take a TD of Manza it is a proven product, it has a great engine and owning TATA means you will spend less money on maintenance.
The best part is right now they are running a discount of upto 60k which makes the deal even more sweeter.

Thread Starter #13
Vento provider giving corporate discount/exchange bonus/old car price - let's see how much he offers..

Going for TD today -
Vento(Bit diffcult on budget)
Wanna have a look at New Dezire (Not so eager to buy maruti)
i20...

Manza - Not enthu. to buy Tata brand and Maruti as mentioned earlier but will surely have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Raju,
If Vento and Rapid are out of the list, the new Dzire diesel is the car to go for. It's a fun to drive car. I know you are looking for a change but you definitely should consider. @ 7.5 lakhs ex showroom the Dzire ZDI fits your budget nicely. You get all the necessary features including ABS, EBD and brake assist which you will not get with the base variants of the cars in the next segment. The interiors look good too. Definitely the best diesel car in the segment. Go for it with your eyes shut.

Go for the Fiesta Classic diesel in this budget. We bought a Fiesta Classic CLXI diesel last year in May and it has clocked around 15k kms and has been trouble free and returning superb mileage in excess of 20kmpl all the time. Driving pleasure and handling is unmatched in this price range.Some might say it looks outdated but to give you my personal opinion Fiesta Classic even today looks way better than the likes of Etios, Manza or chopped boot Dzire. Total Service cost till date in one year of ownership after three services has been around 4.5k.

Top Bottom