Dash Cam: Queries & Discussions

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The 70mai has the same features. Check the description
I have already seen the reviews - Yes, 70mai also good.

Btw why do you need to change the existing dash cam ?
Since it is a mirror Dashcam, it partially blocks the rear view, especially very difficult to get a clear rear view in the night time. Hence, I want to change it. I will only change it provided the accessory shop willing to exchange it either with Tany icom or Mai70 ..

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Update:

Yesterday, I was in the accessory shop (when I went there to fix the front parking camera) and discussed about the Dashcam. Previously, when we were discussing (on phone & WhatsApp) the guy over there agreed to exchange the existing mirror Dashcam for a new Dascam and the price structure to be discussed in person.

Whilst the camera fixing work was going yesterday, the shop guy checked my existing mirror Dashcam and told me this one was an old model and they will not be able to get a buyer as now-a-days better options are available in the market for a new buyer so he not interested in exchanging the old one for a new one..

They had only two brands i.e Tany-iCam with wifi feature and JVC without the wifi feature. He quoted Tany-iCam price Rs.4800 and JVC Rs.6800. The Tany-iCam has lots of features, but there is one disadvantage because the cam has to be fixed with 3M tap on the windshield which cannot be removed. JVC cam is very good and looking nice, but I don't want to buy something at that high cost without the Wifi feature.

Finally, told him that I can consider Tany-iCam provided if he can take back my existing camera otherwise not interested in the deal.

So, that's it and I simply left after settling the bill for front parking camera and one car perfume. Will look out for a good Dashcam online or from some other shop nearby my place.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have been searching for a good Dash cam and seen couple of brands as under:

- 70mai

- DDPAI Mola Z5

- JVC GC-DRE10

- Transcend DrivePro 32GB 110 (bit expensive)

Now, another thing is that I already have a wiring done from cigarette lighter to the IRVM (wiring done to fix my existing iCam mirror Dashcam), so I can use this same wiring provided the charger cable pin will fit into the new Dashcam. Incase the pin hole sizes are different in above models, then will have a problem of using the old wiring?

Suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Almost decided to go for the 70Mai Pro with GPS Dashcam but now it is not available on Amazon or Flipkart.
However, another online shopping Digicartz.com has stocks of this model. Even their rates are cheaper than Amazon rate.(Amazon Rs.7999 / Digicartz Rs.6990).
But I have not dealt with these guys so far, hence little concerned about their performance ?

Anyone dealt with Digicartz and how was their dealing and how was your experience?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Have been waiting for the 70Mai Pro with GPS (the product was available in the beginning of Amazon Festival but unavailable since then) but yet to list again on Amazon. Same model, but without GPS and SD Card is available at Rs.5999/- with 10% discount for ICICI or Citibank Credit Card holders.

Other than Amazon, Paytmmall has the stock and they are selling at Rs.7990 with paytm Cashback of Rs.1998 by using their promo code. But the problem is that Return/Replace of the product is not allowed. So, if I receive a defective or damaged item, I have to live with that.!

Now, I have the option either to buy the 70mai without GPS and then buy external GPS from another source or wait for more days (but the credit card discount offers ends tomorrow)

Any suggestions?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Why do you need the gps ? Buy the normal version. And I used the screen only once to do the settings and have always used sd card to view the video. So that's why I bought the ddpai mini without gps and without screen. Although now that I am talking to you I realised how will I do the settings without the screen[lol] product was delivered yesterday , yet to open it. I bought this because it has capacitor, I stopped using my old camera because the battery has swollen.
Screenshot_20201023-124714.jpg

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, GPS is not a must for me but need Screen. Will place the order tomorrow for the 70Mai pro without GPS.

You can do the settings through DDPAI App which you will have to download to your mobile. The camera has got Wifi and it will be easy for doing setting and copying files from the camera in your mobile, etc. Removing the SD card often may get the card corrupted easily

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Just about to book the 70mai pro without GPS, saw Amazon listing for the 70Mai pro with GPS (only one in stock) which I booked.
Total Rs.6749 (RS.7499 less bank Credit card discount). Expected the delivery by 1st or 2nd November.

350Z

Core Team
Hi folks. I’m looking for a reliable HD dashcam for around 5K. Preferably with WiFi and a decent night recording. Please recommend. @allhyundaicars How's been the experience with DDPAI Mini?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hi folks. I’m looking for a reliable HD dashcam for around 5K.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I have been using 70 mai and happy with it, but now the cost will be Rs.8000 plus. In your budget (around 5k), here are few dash cams recommended by Cartoq guys.

LINK

Please go through it and see which one you like.!

350Z

Core Team
I have been using 70 mai and happy with it, but now the cost will be Rs.8000 plus.
I don’t need the telematics function. How’s 70mai M300 in that case? It seems it has the lithium-ion battery pack though. [EDIT: I've placed an order for DDPAI Mini].

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:

Top Bottom