Dash Cam: Queries & Discussions

Re: Buying a Dashboard Camera – Advice & Discussions

However it is not clear how we can control front camera recording and rear camera recording?
I have no experience with such dashcam but I guess settings are applicable for both cameras. However, the video quality or resolution may differ.

As of memory card, ask anyone or ASC if they have class 10 card and test it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

I have no experience with such dashcam but I guess settings are applicable for both cameras. However, the video quality or resolution may differ.

As of memory card, ask anyone or ASC if they have class 10 card and test it.
Thanks

Class 10 memory card is not necessary as the existing one (class 4) is working (recording) now.

As far as the settings regarding front and rear recording, I have already sent an email to iCAM Customer care/Technical support team and waiting for their reply.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Thanks

Class 10 memory card is not necessary as the existing one (class 4) is working (recording) now.

As far as the settings regarding front and rear recording, I have already sent an email to iCAM Customer care/Technical support team and waiting for their reply.
The Dashcam on my car seems to work fine now. Please see a sample video clipping which recorded yesterday afternoon. (I have selected ''off'' mode in loop record setting, still it recorded only 3 minutes each clipping?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAbSSzmH1Yc&feature=youtu.be

It was bright sun outside, but the picture clarity seems bit dull - may have to do some setting / adjustment?

Novatek 96658 plus Sony sensor

JOOYFACT A1 Car DVR DVRs Registrator Dash Camera Cam Digital Video Recorder Camcorder 1080P Night Version 96658 IMX 322 WiFi
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cZGA7DTt
This is better if you are looking for dashcam with battery and no display.

Viofo A119 (All variants) comes with capacitor so it can withstand high temperature compared to battery.

p.s Its better to choose branded dashcams like Xiaomi, Viofo and etc because nonbranded ones may not be good as specified.

The Dashcam on my car seems to work fine now. Please see a sample video clipping which recorded yesterday afternoon. (I have selected ''off'' mode in loop record setting, still it recorded only 3 minutes each clipping?)
No idea why so. [roll]

It was bright sun outside, but the picture clarity seems bit dull - may have to do some setting / adjustment?
Check if lens is hazy or has finger prints. Also if there is WDR option, enable it.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Ok will check the lens and also try to see if the cam has WDR option in the settings.

Meantime, the dash cam works as a camera also and we can take pictures in addition to video recording. Here below a picture taken in camera mode:

JPG00087.JPG
(My house compound wall and gates - taken after the car was parked in the parking area)​

Nairrk

Honoured Member

@CRACING - Yesterday, before taking out the car, I inserted the SD card into the Dashcam card slot, but cam functions got stuck (no movements on the screen - not even showing the reverse parking. None of the cam buttons are active). Once I remove the SD Card then the cam working fine.

I have then inserted the card into my laptop and tried to open it, but I am getting a response as ''location is not acceptable , E:\ is not accessible - incorrect function, etc.

Does this mean that the Card is corrupted?

@CRACING - Yesterday, before taking out the car, I inserted the SD card into the Dashcam card slot, but cam functions got stuck (no movements on the screen - not even showing the reverse parking. None of the cam buttons are active). Once I remove the SD Card then the cam working fine.

I have then inserted the card into my laptop and tried to open it, but I am getting a response as ''location is not acceptable , E:\ is not accessible - incorrect function, etc.

Does this mean that the Card is corrupted?
I'm afraid it may be corrupted. There are some softwares to recover files but they don't work always. If you are not concerned about files, then try formatting the memory card.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

I'm afraid it may be corrupted. There are some softwares to recover files but they don't work always. If you are not concerned about files, then try formatting the memory card.
I have already copied the files to my laptop.
Tried to format few times, but not working (no action after clicking 'format').

Seems totally corrupted[surprise]

I have already copied the files to my laptop.
Tried to format few times, but not working (no action after clicking 'format').

Seems totally corrupted[surprise]
Then it must be corrupted. Unlike hdds, solid state drives like pendrives and memory cards there is less chance of repair. :frown:

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Then it must be corrupted. Unlike hdds, solid state drives like pendrives and memory cards there is less chance of repair. :frown:
I still cannot understand how It got corrupted. 2 days back I recorded it and then copied same to my Laptop. Yesterday, I inserted it in the cam but, the cam screen got stuck (even the reverse parking was not also working) the moment the card was inserted. I did switch off the cam and today morning removed the Card and checked, but nothing in it and seems corrupted.

It's a brand new SanDisk 32GB class 4 card which getting corrupted within just 2 time recording?

What could be the reason - possibly a duplicate card?

I still cannot understand how It got corrupted. 2 days back I recorded it and then copied same to my Laptop. Yesterday, I inserted it in the cam but, the cam screen got stuck (even the reverse parking was not also working) the moment the card was inserted. I did switch off the cam and today morning removed the Card and checked, but nothing in it and seems corrupted.

It's a brand new SanDisk 32GB class 4 card which getting corrupted within just 2 time recording?

What could be the reason - possibly a duplicate card?
There could be many reasons like there are lot of fake cards in market, frequent read/write, high temperature or dashcam simply ruined it.

BTW; Class 4 is very old tech. Did you bought the card recently or kept it unopened all these years?

Nairrk

Honoured Member

There could be many reasons like there are lot of fake cards in market, frequent read/write, high temperature or dashcam simply ruined it.

BTW; Class 4 is very old tech. Did you bought the card recently or kept it unopened all these years?
Bought it recently (received on 1st October 2018) through snapdeal. I will now try a class 10 card and see how it will work.

Bought it recently (received on 1st October 2018) through snapdeal. I will now try a class 10 card and see how it will work.
Oh dear, I don't think class 4 is even manufactured by Sandisk now so it has to be fake. Next time please don't buy memory cards from snapdeal, shopclues, paytm. Theses online stores have too many unknown sellers.

Go for class 10 UHS-I U1 card from Sandisk, Strontium or Samsung on Amazon. There are higher speeds like U3, V30 but they are helpful for 2k or 4k video recording and would be very expensive.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Oh dear, I don't think class 4 is even manufactured by Sandisk now so it has to be fake. Next time please don't buy memory cards from snapdeal, shopclues, paytm. Theses online stores have too many unknown sellers.

Go for class 10 UHS-I U1 card from Sandisk, Strontium or Samsung on Amazon. There are higher speeds like U3, V30 but they are helpful for 2k or 4k video recording and would be very expensive.
You mean sandisk manufacturing class 10 and not class 4 cards?

Anyway, I prefer buying Samsung class 10 card from Flipcart or Amazon.

Top Bottom