Buy Extended Warranty To Take Care of Costly Repairs

If the car is under extended warranty(3rd year). Can we extend one more year for fourth year. Basically car is in the third year of run (first 2 years original warranty and then extended warranty is taken for one year) . Is it possible to take fourth year extended warranty while in 3rd year of run. This is for ford fiesta. Manufacturer offers 2 years extended warranty but only one year extended warranty was taken originally. Now is it possible to extended for fourth year?

Is it worth to buy extended warranty for a 3 year old car which have Zero depreciation insurance.
Where does this extended warranty come useful, in repairing faults that occurred due to reasons other than accidents?.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Ford India has introduced a 5 year/ 100,000 km extended warranty program as per their official site on their Ford Figo hatch and the Ford Eco Sport CUV. This extended warranty covers all mechanical, electrical faults and the labor charges incurred.

Ford1.jpg

Official

Regards

Akash

Re: Buy extended car warranty to take care of costly repairs

In my views extended warranty is a must for those German brands and their subsidiaries and some other brands,they are toughest to maintain when it comes to maintenance costs.While for Japanese/Korean or even Indian brands the need of extended warranty isn't that important.
I agree, sometimes you have a family member that can fix cars and think oh I can go without the extended warranty as I'm not paying for labour. But the price of the parts of the German cars [surprise] is so insane. Not only that it is also sometimes difficult to get aftermarket parts then you are forced to deal with agents, again[surprise]

In India after taking an extended warranty for any product, the customer becomes the bonded slave of the dealer/company. Very few dealer/companies fulfill such warranties. This is because of the numerous terms and conditions included in the agreement. It would be an uphill task to convict the dealer to replace any part under warranty. But once the warranty period is over, one can notice the enthusiasm on the dealers part to change even perfectly working parts. Not definitely an experience for the weak hearted.
Might be a different situation in other parts of the world.
I have never taken any extended warranties for any product till now and have no regrets.

Cannot comment on the extended warranty part for cars as I am just about to move into that time-frame but recently I went for normal service and agent noticed some part has crack. He advised to get ti replaced as the same was under warranty. It was costing 1K but I had no idea if I needed to replace it and I never had to force agent to get this replaced, was happy with this service

In my opinion, extended warranty is a must. I have had to replace my 2012 Swift's water motor (the one that circulates the coolant around) after its bearings went bust (a part in the range of 2-3k excluding additional labour) with extended warranty. I only had to pay for the coolant (less than 900 bucks). The MASS changed it after verifying my service records without any hassles/arguments.
All automotive parts are meant to break down. It just ensures that any issues on the parts would be handled by the company rather than me. It is nerve wrecking to go hunting for a solution to a non-working pump or door switches while on a holiday. I would rather prefer to leave them at the MASS and have them sort the issue out with extended warranty. In most probability, MASS insist on changing the part rather than refurbishing them. That is provided none of the parts failed because of me.
Extended warranty is a small change compared to the cost of replacement of broken down parts.

Well, I did take extended warranty. If I recollect, I paid 8K or so for it. It covers everything including suspension, aircon compressor. My car will do 10000km a year and I am a gentle driver (till someone pisses me off as I discovered this week), so normal wear and tear. I shouldnt need the warranty unless, God Forbid, someone drives into me. It that happens or there is a premature part failure, I would definately expect the MASS to honour the warranty. As a security, though I get my car serviced at the MASS to meet their term and conditions, I have a experienced mechanic look at any issues I have before hand so I know whether the MASS is taking me for a ride
It walking the middle path between warranty and 3rd party service, but I feel thats the better way of going

If for nothing, extended warranty will add to the resale value of the car, I hope

Ameyam

AFAIK Maruti Suzuki does allow transfer of extended warranty to new owner once the car has been sold off. Though not sure about other manufacturers. Further details should be available on the owner's manual.

Extended Warranty : Worth it ?

All manufacturers are offering extended warranty for their cars. for a medium sized new car (Ciaz/Verna/Honda) will cost around 15K for two years extended warranty. is it really worth?
please share your experiences

Krishna

Re: Extended Warranty : Worth it ?

You have to check the exclusions before making the decision most manufacturers tend to trap you with the fine print. Also you would have to get all services carried out with them or the warranty is void. These unfair business practices are only done here, they would be severely penalised if they were to try this in Europe.

Re: Extended Warranty : Worth it ?

If it's a Maruti, Honda or Toyota then you can live without extended warranty with your fingers crossed.

If it's a Hyundai or Ford then extended warranty is recommended.

If it's a VW, Skoda or any European then extended warranty is a must. (Including Fiat and yes, our home grown Tata, Mahindra too)

So simple it it..

Want it even more precise; well, extended warranty is a super duper must on these vehicles (get insurance also with the engine and drive train components cover):
1) VW/Skoda cars
2) Fiat cars
3) Mahindra XUV

Fiat cars still have some shame but the other two are having mood swings comparable to Mallika Sehrawat :tongue:

Top Bottom