Bunta Boy: Red Harley Davidson Fatboy (2020) - A Dream Come True

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

Since the time I bought my Harley Davidson Street 750 I had been wanting to buy a bigger one, so we started a saving scheme where we used to transfer some money every month plus 5x the kilometers we do on the Street 750.

I had my eyes set on the Fatboy from a long time. No one can forget the iconic Black Fatboy rode by Arnie in Terminator. I believe that is the one scene people of my generation can't really forget.

As you all know all the vehicles that we have are red in colour, and getting a red colour in the Fatboy is a rare chance, so when we went to the dealership to renew our annual HOG membership we first laid eyes on a Stiletto Red 2020 Harley Davidson Fatboy 114, and I was just bowled over. I am not big and pretty lean weighing in around 70 kgs with 5 foot 8 inches of height, but sitting on that bike and taking it off the stand was much simpler than my street 750.

The Fatty had charmed me beyond words and I just wanted to book it right away but the finances kept me at bay. The dealer tried to sway me by offering a sweet discount on the motorcycle as it was a 2020 manufactured model and we are nearing 2022 now. It was still way over my budget. My wife then pitched in and convinced me to take the plunge and regarding the finances she said "we will manage". I took the dealer to the side to check out how much it will cost me, took a pen and paper from him to do my end of calculations. After a lot of deliberations, being pushed by my wife and the colour of the motorcycle I fell into the ditch and booked my dream.
I had been drooling over used fatboys since long time and had a target of buying one at my 40th birthday, but lucky me I get to take the delivery on my 35th. I used to stalk the FB pages of used SBK dealers from all around MH, Delhi etc. The delivery is on 16th October in the morning, everyone is invited.

Let me tell you a little something about the Fatboy 114.

It is an air cooled 1868cc engine, which churns out close to 156 Nm torque at close to 3000rpm. Pretty useable I must say. Only Harley technicians know the power figures as Harley does not release official power figure.

The front is shod with a 160mm tyre and the rear comes with a 240mm (5 mm more than my XUV), which although looks really good but makes it more difficult to turn the bike.

Since it is a Harley I will not talk about the features, as frankly there are none. :P except for the ABS, and pre load adjustable rear shock absorbers.

There is a lot of chrome which I dont really like much but somehow on this motorcycle it feels in its place, oh and it has Satin Chrome finish not a full blown reflective Chrome monster.

It comes with an LED headlight, but mostly I will add some aux lamps as soon as I am comfortable enough to take it out for longer rides

The seating position is really comfortable but I am pretty sure I will have to upgrade the seat sooner rather than later.

Due to the size of the motorcycle and my arms, I am pretty sure it will take at least 6 months or so for me to get used to it.

As of now I am just getting the basics in place like

1. Engine Guard - Bykology
2. Backrest - Victory International
3. Anti Theft Alarm - HD
4. Fuel Cap Lock - HD
5. Sump Guard - Bykology
6. Brake Reservoir Guard - Bykology
7. Oil Cooler Guard - Bykology
8. Rectifier Guard - Bykology
9. Bike Cover - Victory International
10. Rear Suspension Risers - HD

Some pics taken during the booking. Nothing flattering. WIll get some pics clicked soon after delivery. The ones in the pics are my Kameena friends who pushed me into the ditch along with my wife.

KINSHUK 1.jpeg

KINSHUK 2.jpeg

KINSHUK 3.jpeg

KINSHUK 4.jpeg

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Many congratulations on your new bike. Colour is very beautiful. I can see there are 2 parallel exhaust pipes. Cool. Please give us more details. And more specifications.
What is the service interval?
I am totally noob in bike segment so pardon me for my queries.

Thread Starter #3
Many congratulations on your new bike. Colour is very beautiful. I can see there are 2 parallel exhaust pipes. Cool. Please give us more details. And more specifications.
What is the service interval?
I am totally noob in bike segment so pardon me for my queries.
The twin exhausts is due to the V twin engine.
Service intervals are 8000kms because of indian conditions or 1 year.
There are not muche details as HD doesnt really belueve in giving rider aids, so the only thing i am getting in the bike is ABD. Rest is standard, 6 speed gear box, 1868cc of engine, showa suspension.

Thread Starter #5
I have named it Bunta Boy on the biggest Toad in the Naruto universe Gama Bunta. Gamabunta
Gamabunta is a grumpy, stubborn and highly apathetic toad. He does not like to take orders from anyone, unless the summoner is highly talented and earns his respect. Jiraiya, Minato, and Naruto are three of the few people that he has allowed to ride on top of his head without question. While he is quite confident of his abilities as a fighter, he is well aware of his limitations and perceptive of the power of his enemies, shown in his apprehension when confronting Shukaku head-on.

He speaks in Hiroshima dialect and uses some Japanese words that only a yakuza gangster would use, but he is portrayed as an ultimately powerful and positive force. He is fiercely protective of his kind, where in one instant only decided to fight Shukaku after hearing the opponent attacked his children despite believing it to be suicidal only moments before. He hates to be underestimated by anyone, both of which take precedence over his normal apathy. Often, it is one or a combination of these two factors that entices him to fight.

Overall, despite his grumpy exterior, he shows sympathy to Naruto as if he were a son. He even explained to Jiraiya that he was aware of Naruto's talents and potential. He and Jiraiya seemed to be good friends and, as implied in the series, drinking buddies, despite Jiraiya's admitted lack of control over Gamabunta. However, he would scold him on occasion.

main-qimg-5a01f2619a4e79102628b22dd5035b88-c.jpg

Thread Starter #8
16th October 2021, Pune

Took the delivery on 16th October 2021, which is also my birthday so it was a really good day.
My iding group had all come in for the delivery and with them they brought 2 cakes, the showroom people also had a birthday cake prepared for the same. We first cut the 3 cakes, then proceeded to do the ribbon cuttin which in case of our delaership is a chain which you cut with a proper chain cutter.
Chain cutting is followed by a loud music and song from AC/DC "Highway to Hell", which pumps up the environment for the first official show of the bike hidden under the covers, I dont believe I have been this excited for any of my other birthdays, maybe my 30th one when we booked my first Harley which is a Street 750.
Post the motorcyle was a photo session which went on for almost half an hour, with grou pics, individual pics etc.
Took a small ride the same night just around the mall, and parked the motorcycle back in the dealership as we dont bring a new thing at home on a saturday. Dont really believe in superstitions but when your parents believe in some things you dont really want to rub them the wrong way on such ocassion.
Anyways first ride of my very own HD Fatboy is nothing to write about, the small route was packed with gravel, traffic, slippery slopes etc. slow speed turns on this bike is a challenge in itself. but once you get aboe 10kmph all is pretty smooth. Will write more about the ride experience after the first coupl eof hundre kilometers.

Cake2.JPG

Cake1.JPG

Cake3.JPG
IMG-20211016-WA0034.jpg
IMG-20211016-WA0029.jpg
IMG-20211016-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20211016-WA0030.jpg
IMG-20211016-WA0041.jpg

key handover.JPG
IMG-20211016-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20211016-WA0047.jpg
my riding group.JPG

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
Completed 100kms on the fatboy today.
Ride experience for the first 100kms has been a mixed bag.
Balance of the bike is so good that taking it off the stand is a child's play, moving it around without the engine on will take some muscles. Thumb the starter and the monstrous 1868cc engine comes to life with an anger but then settles down at a lowly 850rpm for idling with a very smooth idle at that.
Pull in the clutch and engage the 1st gear, which goes clunk and there is a small jerk in the whole bike, after that it settles down.
Low speed turns in the beginning feel slightly heavy but once you are rolling for more than 5-10kms the muscles are already adapted to the weight and it can easily lug around all day at 2nd gear in the cities, over the speed breakers. On highways the bike moves at around 90-100kmph in the 6th gear at less than 2000rpm. the max torque of 161Nm comes in as early as 2500rpm.
One does need to be very careful while taking turns in Indian scenario as it doesnt like corrections like braking input, gear changes mid corner, do whatever needs to be done before or after the corner.
As heavy as it may feel while taking slow speed turns but the bike doesnt do any kind of nakhra even if you stomp the rear brakes, it goes in straight line without any skids and comes to a halt totally upright
there is a feeling of satisfaction after a ride on the Fatboy. it is not easy to ride but it is not impossible even for a guy like me who stands at 5 feet 8 inches and 73kgs, with a non athletic build.
HD has a built in a feature in the engine as it is partially oil cooled and there is no fan to take the heat away like the street 750, the control unit turns off the fuel injector of the rear cylinder when the motorcycle is below 5kmph and the temperatures go above a certain level, it helps the rider a lot in slow moving traffic and at traffic signals.
Speaking of traffic signals finding the neutral while standing at traffic signals is a pain in the a** so it is my advise to keep it in first gear and turn off the engine.
There are a host of other things related to safety like alarms, keyless ignition, LED headlights, tail lights, indicators, ABS.
100kms on odo.jpg

Thread Starter #11
Rode to the Cavalry Tank Museum, Ahmednagr on Sunday.
Not every day the US legend gets to meet a UK Prime Minister. The tank's name is Churchill.
Meanwhile Bunta has completed 1200kms till now, and is due for 1st service. appointment taken for Thursday morning.
fatty with Churchill.jpg

bnw fatty.jpg

Thread Starter #12
Bunta is on the verge of completing 4000kms. in the first 6 months. Journey till now has been amazing.

It is said that you get what you pay for, but with this I definitely got much more than what I paid for. The Brand, the Legacy, the phat tyre etc.

Wherever this goes it is the center of attraction both good and bad, have to be really careful in finding parking spots and making
Fatboy getting a long awaited wash.
Fatboy wash 1.JPG
Fatboy wash 2.JPG

Top Bottom