Bullet Increasing Production Capacity

Thread Starter #1
Constantly growing waiting period and overwhelming demand of the Bullet has forced Royal Enfield to double its production capacity. The Siddharth Lal-promoted company will be jacking up its capacity to over 60,000 units this calendar year, while by 2012, the installed capacity will be 1 lakh units.
The company will be investing nearly Rs 80 crore to ramp up its capacity at its Chennai plant in a phased manner, Royal Enfield Marketing & Sales Head, Shaji Koshy said. The expansion plan will nearly double Royal Enfield’s production with progressive increases in capacity over the next three years, allowing the brand to continue to keep pace with the brisk sales of its new model line.“There is a long waiting period of six to eight months now for all the models,” Koshy said, adding the waiting period is so long that we are forced to return the booking amount.

“The Brand Stores are our way acknowledging the importance of consumers of this city, as well as our way to let our customers experience the unique brand. The basic purpose of the Brand Store is to help our customers build a community around the brand and also make our stores a one-stop motorcycling destination,” said Koshy. The company’s chennai factory which has been running at full capacity for over a year is not able to meet up with demand generated by domestic and international markets. Enfield exports its bikes to 30 countries, including to Britain, where the company was originated in 1906, and the US and the EU.

source - indiancarsbikes

This is an excellent move by RE. Hope the increased sales will give them enough potential to bring in new technologies to their products too. After the UCE, there is not much upgrade done to RE products.

Enfield is an excellent product!!

This manufacturer is the only one to have 4+ months of booking time for bikes :)

One of my friend has booked Classic 350 & he is ready to wait for 4 months :)

One of my friend has booked Classic 350 & he is ready to wait for 4 months :)
For obvious reasons Zinam! Bullet, if maintained properly, is the best bike to own for the lifetime. No hassles and trustworthy with unmatched driving comfort. No wonder he is ready to wait. Even I will do the same [:D]

Yes.. Waiting period ranges from 4-6 months for all Bullets !!

And there are more than 50+ people waiting in chennai for these bikes.

I have still not experienced a Bullet to comment about its pleasure![frustration]

But am amazed to see people wait even for 6 months to get this bike. And even though the factory is in Chennai its still disappointing to have a waiting period of 4 months!

Thread Starter #9
waiting period of 6 months for bulllet makes worth it IMO. not any other bike in india has that thump and pleasure like of riding bullet. how much wait period is on other places if 4-6 months is for chennai itself??..

Waiting period is almost the same in Kerala too. We have checked this for bro-in-law, and finally end up in buying a Honda Unicorn (back door purchase) in 4 days!

350Z

Core Team
Another update: Thanks to the growing demand of Royal Enfield bikes in our country, apart from increasing the manufacturing capacity, the company is now also planning to set up a new plant which would help to manufacture at least 10,000 units each month.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The new Bullets do not have the thump or charm of the old ones. If it were me I'd go fro a pre-nineties Bullet 350 and have it customized a bit. Most youngsters have no idea about the differences in the feel of the old and new Bullets. Just ride them both and you will know what I'm talking about.

Oh yes i have noticed that the older Bullets have better thump effect. And yes recently i drove my friend's classic 350cc and boy , its like the best bike i have ever driven till now! Its pulls up at an amazing pace all the way upto 100kmph easily , i din want to go beyond that!

If not for the weak dealership network i will surely consider this bike!

Really surprising I really thought Bullet is in its last days like Amby even in our district there is a lot of bullet lovers and then too the dealer closed the dealership a year ago I thought he is fed of no sales but now after this thread I think it is due to no supply.

Top Bottom