Bullet Classic 350 or 500?

Thread Starter #1
Me a fan of bullet bikes the majestic sound is music to ears .The problem is the maintenance, but its different.

Any one who has idea about bullet bikes. Can you give me the review of these bikes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
as all say bullet bikes are heavy in maintainance 1 thing i dont get it is its a bike which is totally different from other segment. as its heavy wats the basic maintainance should we follow .

I don think you need any special maintenance care for Bullet bikes. The thing is they have a very thin dealership network and their A.S.S is not upto the mark.

Hi Speedodude,
Bullet 500 is a fun to drive bike. But fun stops once you start getting problem. Bike has got good RAW power, maintenance wise its little expensive compared to other bikes.

Plus points are

No Engine oil leakage
New twin spark technology for good FE
Retro look (Not of everyone's taste) - Classic has Low seating position compared to other bullets and bike is little short because of 17" wheel (only 500cc)
Awesome Power 27Bhp (500cc), you feel punch in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Area of improvement are

Spares are not reliable like old 70's-90's bike model, due to which frequent visits to workshop.
Spares are very expensive and spares parts not available handy, sometimes need to wait more than a month [frustration]
Annoying delivery time of up to 10 months.

I wanted a bike which can serve my ride whenever I want to go I waited 3+months for bike delivery, by most of the time my bike used to visit workshop. So I thought whats the use of bike which is not serving my purpose after spending 1.2lacs and most of the times spending in garage. So I sold my Machismo500 and bought Pulsar 220 Dtsi. Above are my friends and my personal experience who owned RE (Machimso500 - 2bikes, Machismo 350 - 1bike, Thunderbird350 -1bike, Classic500 - 1bike and Electra 5 speed - 2Bikes) at present Classic500, TB350 and one Electra 5 speed bike is left in my friends group. We still love the Bull but its very heavy on pocket to maintain, if spares are reliable and Bull releases a V-twin I'm in ready to join Bull family again.

Late to this thread, I agree with most of the points by Nofate, the waiting period of 9-10months is way too high compared to the cars! going for a 500 would be better than 350 classic, if looking at 350 then I would say a Thunderbird of Electra with EFI would be a better option.

I have booked a classic 350 in chennai.
By seeing the hype and attention classic 500 is getting iam totally confused between the two.
i want a reliable bike (b/w classic 350 and 500) and i will be using the bike 90% in the city and rarely the bike will see the highways?
So if iam going to use classic 500 in city most of the time, will there be any adverse effect on the engine ?
Should i stick with the classic 350 booking or should i go with classic 500? Help me out guys[confused]

RE C350 or C500??? a classic question.

RE C500 -
Pro's - Superb raw power can't ask for more in a RE bike.
Cruise able in higher speeds like 110kmph.

Con's - Could have some issues in terms of fuel injection, but most of it has been sorted in the current C5's
Need to be very careful not to let moisture into the fuel tank as the bike shuts down if the fuel sensor detects moisture.
Spares are a lil expensive compared to C350.

In general C5 is an wonderful highway cruiser & I personally would not prefer it for city riding cos the full potential of the bike is not utilized.

RE C350 -
Pro's - very reliable TBTS engine.
No fuel injection or fuel sensor hence more reliable.
very good FE.

Con's - lesser power compared to C5

Both bikes lack comfy seating possition if you are looking at long rides.

Bullet bikes are really awesome, once if it catch up the speed its really smash the roads, i had driven the 500 classic it really rocks the street.

I have a classic 500. Other than some electrical problems the bike is a complete joy.
Only con i can think other than that is muted thump [frustration] What is a lion without its roar...

@Vipin have you tried the after market silencer called Indore or goldstar (you wont find goldstar original now) on it? these give more thump. Indore would cost you around 700-800 approx & I don't think you need to change bend pipe. If you want different sound as well use a rubber mat & you will find a difference in the beat as well. However I suggest you not to go for glass wool in your silencer it will have an effect on the mileage

@EnfieldRyder thanx for the info should try that one... [:)] btw any idea where i can get Indore silencer in Bangalore?
Nothing great about the Indore silencer. It's just the short bottle silencer that you get at any other place in India. For best results, change the bend pipe too to the longer one.

Last edited:

Top Bottom