Budget: Rs.6 Lakhs. Is Fiesta Classic the Way to Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
after cracking the iit exam my dad also want to gift me a car of around a budget 6lac. I want a pure driving pleasure. is fiesta classic is a good choice considering that i will keep it for atleast next 7 years. also as i will buy the car only in 2012. will there be any more driving machine in the next year which can fulfill the above need with more style. also we have a dzire therefore should i wait for new swift

Last edited:
Hi Shubham,

A very warm Welcome to The Automotive India. Congratulations for cracking the IIT-JEE. If its only driving pleasure, then go for a Fiesta Classic right away, but then, you need some style which somehow is a bit less in Fiesta since it has been around for quite sometime. Secondly since you will be keeping the car for the next 7 years, i would suggest you to get some newer model so that you dont end up having a car which looks dated.
I would say, do wait for the new launches like the new gen Swift, and some more sedan which may launch at the end of this year or next year.

BTW what is going to your monthly running and the fuel option you wish to have?

Thread Starter #4
my running will be less as i will drive it from my college to my home in himachal during vacations

Congrats for getting into IIT.

I suggest new gen Swift over Fiesta.

Reason - Better mileage + Cheaper to maintain + fantastic resale + service points availability on highways & good rush of adrenalin.

Only point where it scores less over fiesta is safety & boot space

350Z

Core Team
Hey Shubham, Welcome aboard to The Automotive India and congratulations for cracking the IIT Exam. Can you please answer a few simple questions asked in this thread? It'll help us to suggest you the most suitable car. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey buddy congratulations for getting into IIT first up! With 6Lakhs you have a good budget , since your running is going to be low you can opt for a petrol. There are many hatches available at this price already , but if you want something new wait for the new Swift.

Fiesta is a good car no doubt , but it already is a bit dated and 7 years more years down the lane , it will become more dated. Since you are a student choose something which is cool , sporty and makes head turn.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the update. Please feel free to contact us to re-open this thread whenever you decide to buy a car in future. Have a great day.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom