Budget Hatch Under Rs.5 Lakh (Diesel Preferred)

Thread Starter #17
Kindly ask the vin number from dealer and post it on the forum so experts will decode it and tell you exactly which month it was made iam telling you this because at times dealers try and sell several months old or display model .
Regarding you usage 600kms seems that you must go for petrol only if your sure that in future say I or 2 years later it won't increase and cross 1000.
And swift indeed is a good choice it's a fun to drive car and will give you better mileage then beat for sure . Not to confuse you further but have you thought about Honda brio ?
I started my hunt with a test drive on brio hah hah !! What I felt the ride was a bit bumpy , but definitely spacious and the mid variant costs around 5L . So with just a lakh more am getting a semi sedan , superb ride and a better FE in Dzire hence decided on that .

I will surely ask for the VIN , even I was shocked when he said there was one car ready that too the VXI ( most popular ) variant of the current trendy blue color . Though initially I selected the Grey color but in case this Blue one is perfectly OK I can go for this one also , since I don have to go through the big waiting period .

Thread Starter #18
Took a test drive with dzire petrol , really liked it ,the ac blower was very noisy that was annoying and it was the ZXI with auto AC , so was really shocked with such a noisy ac . but the ride quality was fantastic , very chuck-able , gear shifting was buttery smooth. Very classy interior ( atleast from a maruti perspective ).
Now the waiting time for the petrol VXI being just 4weeks , I just planned to stick to my choice of color , and rejected the ready car the dealer was giving me . The price the dealer quoting is 6.05L on road in Kolkata , with Teflon coating and basic kit as goodies . So what do u think guys is it a good deal , will be booking the car in coming weekend to get it delivered before Durga Puja .

Took a test drive with dzire petrol , really liked it ,the ac blower was very noisy that was annoying and it was the ZXI with auto AC , so was really shocked with such a noisy ac . but the ride quality was fantastic , very chuck-able , gear shifting was buttery smooth. Very classy interior ( atleast from a maruti perspective ).
Now the waiting time for the petrol VXI being just 4weeks , I just planned to stick to my choice of color , and rejected the ready car the dealer was giving me . The price the dealer quoting is 6.05L on road in Kolkata , with Teflon coating and basic kit as goodies . So what do u think guys is it a good deal , will be booking the car in coming weekend to get it delivered before Durga Puja .
Great go for it what is it a vxi or zxi model ?

ONE BIG UPDATE PEOPLE

Things took turn in a diff angle , my father was not at all convinced on buying a chevy hatch and that too for 5L , he said he will shed a lakh more and go for Swift Dzire VXI , onroad price coming around 6L and luckily a car is somehow ready with the dealer , which he said can book for me , so the huge 4/5 moths wait doesnt apply in my case , what do you think guys wise decisions ??

PS : on a re estimation we found our monthly usage being around 600km , so staying in petrol make sense rt ? coz the VDI is available at 1.2L More
600kms monthly run means you can fo for petrol. If you don't want the burden of petrol bills at all and have a budget you can go for VDi. But my suggession would be to go for ZXi varaiant of the Dzire which combines safety features also to the list considering the monthly run you have.

Thread Starter #21
Its the VXI one for which I received the quotation for . Not considering the ZDI variant because my cars major use is gonna be city commute , so ABS & Airbags becomes a bit of overshoot for city use moreover it has around 90K premium over the VXI variant .

Its the VXI one for which I received the quotation for . Not considering the ZDI variant because my cars major use is gonna be city commute , so ABS & Airbags becomes a bit of overshoot for city use moreover it has around 90K premium over the VXI variant .
see many reviews are saying swift and desire have not so inspiring brakes so the suggestions to go for zxi since it comes with abs and airbags . Not to confuse you but do you like ford classic sedan its a nice car ?
If you have additional budget wise decsion must be zxi rest you take a call .

see many reviews are saying swift and desire have not so inspiring brakes so the suggestions to go for zxi since it comes with abs and airbags . Not to confuse you but do you like ford classic sedan its a nice car ?
If you have additional budget wise decsion must be zxi rest you take a call .
+1 Raja
Zenon, the premium you will have to pay for the ZXi variant over the VXi is worth it.
If you are going for VXi variant I would also suggest Ford Fiesta now rebadged as classic diesel lower end.

Thread Starter #24
BOOKING DONE [clap] !!!

Finally booked my Swift Dzire Vxi , Glistering Grey , the dealer promises to give the delivery by second week of Oct, so the wait begins .

no discounts were given but the dealer promised Steering Cover , Perfume , Floor mats , Mudflaps & 3M Teflon Coating as goodies with the car . lets see if he keeps up to the promises .

Why not test drive indica vista... you might come back imperessed its more powerful than the beat outgoing version and you might end up getting good discounts.. a good colour selection and sleek alloys might keep all the swifts and punto's drooling at you

My friend got a good discount on vista and mind you he was not even interested for it after going through a test drive his words changed.. but keep in mind that you can run this car for more than 4 years without any major overhauls apart from the regular service[:D]

Top Bottom