Buckle Up! TAI Ooty Meet on October 2nd, 3rd and 4th of 2015

Thread Starter #31
Happy to say that the member's count is slowly increasing for the trip. So the member's and their friends who are coming at present are :
1)Venkatesh (VjRoadie) - Ecosport
2)Venkatesh's Friend. - Ecosport
3)Aniruthan (Aniruthan) - Vento
4)Prashanth (Stingray91) - Palio
5)Prashanth's Friend. - Palio
6)Dhananjayan (DJBro). - Palio
7) Dhanabal (Dusty). - Duster (Waiting for Confirmation).
So at present we have 7 members and 4 rides :). Regarding the stay, we'll be out with the details within 2 days. The members who are interested for the Meet please do PM me ASAP so that we can book the requisite rooms and avoid the last minute sold out dliemma as its a holiday weekend.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #32
Hey guys. Here is the latest update. We have kept Coimbatore as our assembling point and the starting point for our trip to Ooty. For the members who are outside the City of Coimbatore, you can book your rooms at Hotel Apple Park in Gandhipuram, Coimbatore where me myself and few other members are staying there. Please do PM me or stingray91 before booking the rooms so that we can try to get a good bargain. The details of the Hotel can be found at the link below. So at present here is the confirmed list. We'll be out with the details for the rooms in Ooty tonight. The members who are interested to make it for the trip, please do let us know at the earliest so arrangements can be made and last minute disappointment can be avoided.
http://http://www.applepark.in

[MAP]Apple Park

https://goo.gl/maps/8cZWLgRoaFU2[/MAP]

Hey guys. Here is the latest update. We have kept Coimbatore as our assembling point and the starting point for our trip to Ooty. For the members who are outside the City of Coimbatore, you can book your rooms at Hotel Apple Park in Gandhipuram, Coimbatore where me myself and few other members are staying there. Please do PM me or stingray91 before booking the rooms so that we can try to get a good bargain. The details of the Hotel can be found at the link below. So at present here is the confirmed list. We'll be out with the details for the rooms in Ooty tonight. The members who are interested to make it for the trip, please do let us know at the earliest so arrangements can be made and last minute disappointment can be avoided.
http://http://www.applepark.in

Map
Hey Aniruth, the list is missing and the map is incorrect. Can you please post the correct map again?
Also the correct URL is http://www.applepark.in/ [:)]

Cheers!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
Hey guys, We are happy to say that we have found a place to stay in Ooty. It's like a house and we have two huge rooms to accomodate people inside. The residence name is Saibala Residency that is situated near the Ooty Boat house. Will post the link of the residency down. So we are very happy to say that we are almost set for our trip and we are looking forward to make it a great one. Here's the current list of confirmed members.
1) Venkatesh (VjRoadie) - Ecosport
2) Prem (Venkatesh's relative) - Ecosport
3) Piyush (Venkatesh's Relative) - Ecosport
4) Aniruthan (Aniruthan) - Vento
5) Prashanth (Stingray91) - Palio
6) Prashanth's Friend - Palio
7) Dhananjayan (DJbro) - Palio
8) Dhananjayan's brother - Palio

Slots are still open for members to join. If anyone is still interested, you can give me a PM.

Saibala Residency - High quality Resort in Ooty | Luxury Cottage in Ooty | Deluxe Rooms in Kandal, Ooty

Hey guys, We are happy to say that we have found a place to stay in Ooty. It's like a house and we have two huge rooms to accomodate people inside. The residence name is Saibala Residency that is situated near the Ooty Boat house. Will post the link of the residency down. So we are very happy to say that we are almost set for our trip and we are looking forward to make it a great one. Here's the current list of confirmed members.
1) Venkatesh (VjRoadie) - Ecosport
2) Prem (Venkatesh's relative) - Ecosport
3) Piyush (Venkatesh's Relative) - Ecosport
4) Aniruthan (Aniruthan) - Vento
5) Prashanth (Stingray91) - Palio
6) Prashanth's Friend - Palio
7) Dhananjayan (DJbro) - Palio
8) Dhananjayan's brother - Palio

Slots are still open for members to join. If anyone is still interested, you can give me a PM.

Saibala Residency - High quality Resort in Ooty | Luxury Cottage in Ooty | Deluxe Rooms in Kandal, Ooty
Good going Aniruth! Preparations are on full swing. I also got myself an go pro hero 4 black to cover the entire tour[clap]

Thread Starter #36
Good going Aniruth! Preparations are on full swing. I also got myself an go pro hero 4 black to cover the entire tour[clap]
Awesome buddy. So we have a cool cam that can shoot some great videos. We have to check and get the mounts also soon so that we can take videos from different angles. I'll get my DSLR along for the photography work buddy.

Thread Starter #37
Glad to say that The ooty meet has started and come to an end with a lot of twists and turns and many downs. More members have added up at the last minute and VjRoadie's Ecosport's piston rings gave up en route leaving him stranded[cry]. My Vento's battery gave up before starting and thank god that VW promptly replaced it to us even after the service centre closed it to us. The trip got over a day earlier with VjRoadie and Dusty having few works and priorities to finish. Overall though it was a great trip and will be uploading the trip with pics and travelogues soon.[:)]

Sincere thanks to everyone who made this event successful. Yep I'm the last person joined this team meet day before meet starts , it was a great experience for me and I really enjoyed . :biggrin:

Special thanks to 'Mr.Aniruthan' , since he is familiar in around Ooty areas , this will help us to saving time to reach one place to another place. Also big thanks to 'Vjroadie' & his nephew as they came from long way for this meet.

was a tremendous Trip and happy climate. attaching few pics. will add more upon the request!

thanks for making the trip short and sweet.

things enjoyed- spotted wild animals in mudhumalai , climbing aggressive steepy hill road at Mudhumalai (special Route (1st gear only route)) , as usual the beautiful climate , and few adventures , and had good stay (others) and nice time with TAIgers.

Attachments

Thread Starter #42
Guys, here are some pics from my side. My Sincere apologies for the delay but still something is better than Nothing.
Day 1 we started early from Coimbatore and headed straight to Mudhumalai and Bandhipur. Spotted some good wildlife up there. Had lunch in Masinagudi and then the members from Duster caught us up. Day 2 saw us visiting Kodanad, and having a good meal at Ooty. After lunch and shopping we headed to Emerald Lake(No pics due to poor quality). And after that we returned to Mettupalayam and bidded farewell.

Attachments

Glad to say that The ooty meet has started and come to an end with a lot of twists and turns and many downs. More members have added up at the last minute and VjRoadie's Ecosport's piston rings gave up en route leaving him stranded. My Vento's battery gave up before starting and thank god that VW promptly replaced it to us even after the service centre closed it to us. The trip got over a day earlier with VjRoadie and Dusty having few works and priorities to finish. Overall though it was a great trip and will be uploading the trip with pics and travelogues soon.
First, sincere apologies for checking in the thread after a long time. This particular meet was like driving in the hills with many up's and down's[lol] We started from Belgaum in a good tune and poise but after crossing Bangalore my Ecosport started smoking heavily with all the engine oil converted into smoke. The reason was piston rings were completely worn off in just around 58k of total running. Handed over the vehicle to Rock City Ford, Salem and they replaced the entire short block, piston rings, piston, turbo charger etc under warranty. Now the vehicle is fine and doing good.

Coming back to the meet, despite this major hurdle, I am extremely pleased to say that the level of support I got from TAIn's like Aniruthan, Dusty, stingray91 and others was outstanding and very helpful. All these people helped me to the maximum extent when my Ecosport was down with non-stop follow up on the status of the Ecosport. A special thanks to Dusty for picking us from Salem in his Duster to Ooty. Without Dusty we wouldn't have been to Ooty and enjoyed this meet.

Sincere thanks to everyone who made this event successful. Yep I'm the last person joined this team meet day before meet starts , it was a great experience for me and I really enjoyed .

Special thanks to 'Mr.Aniruthan' , since he is familiar in around Ooty areas , this will help us to saving time to reach one place to another place. Also big thanks to 'Vjroadie' & his nephew as they came from long way for this meet.
It was indeed more exciting and joyous to join you in your Duster. I am deeply thankful to you for your extended help and support throughout the tour. Hope to meet you again.

Guys, here are some pics from my side. My Sincere apologies for the delay but still something is better than Nothing.
Day 1 we started early from Coimbatore and headed straight to Mudhumalai and Bandhipur. Spotted some good wildlife up there. Had lunch in Masinagudi and then the members from Duster caught us up. Day 2 saw us visiting Kodanad, and having a good meal at Ooty. After lunch and shopping we headed to Emerald Lake(No pics due to poor quality). And after that we returned to Mettupalayam and bidded farewell.
Awesome pics! This is just the begining of the next meet. Lets start planning [evil]

Haha. True. Make sure you carry some extra batteries, memory cards as I am sure we will run out of these in February 2016. I guess that's enough for a teaser of what's coming up?

Top Bottom