Buckle Up! TAI Ooty Meet on October 2nd, 3rd and 4th of 2015

Hi guys this is Prasanth, AKA. Jacky , stingray91
Friend of Aniruthan from TAI watsapp, group

Happy to say ill be joining convoy with stingray or palio mjd
Recntly had a new engine on it. The thread is on forum as palio mjd giving another life.

Coming to ooty,
Its just 2hrs from cbe .
But the stretch of roads and feel of nature is immense.

The nilagiri hills is basically has 3 to 4 different locations..

Ooty,connor,kotagiri,avalanche, mudhumalai, dhottabetta,etc

From cbe we need to travel via mettupalayam to reach connor-ooty. From ooty we can go muthumalai, kotagiri, avalanche.

My favour place is avalanche.where the pic shows the emrald lake.

Mudhumalai is forest and we can sight adventures animals like elephant,wild bull, deer and many.

Where as nilagiri is full of tea estates and all places are the most if it.

We shall further discuss the plan and accommodation, by seeing further participants.

As i visited ooty more than 20 times, have some good places for you to enjoy. Hope to see the other participants.

Regards
Prasanth

Recntly had a new engine on it. The thread is on forum as palio mjd giving another life.

Coming to ooty,
Its just 2hrs from cbe .

From cbe we need to travel via mettupalayam to reach connor-ooty. From ooty we can go muthumalai, kotagiri, avalanche.

Mudhumalai is forest and we can sight adventures animals like elephant,wild bull, deer and many.

We shall further discuss the plan and accommodation, by seeing further participants.

As i visited ooty more than 20 times, have some good places for you to enjoy. Hope to see the other participants.

Regards
Prasanth
Hello Prasanth, it would be a pleasure to have you guide us for the locations and plan up the itinerary. You have been a seasoned traveler to OOty and your knowledge is truly appreciated. Lets stay in touch everyone of us and make this meet a grand success :)

Thread Starter #19

Coming to ooty,
Its just 2hrs from cbe .

Regards
Prasanth
Prashanth, Thank you so much for your help buddy. Your help will be appreciated a lot and its great that we have a person like you who has loads of knowledge regarding Ooty.

Thread Starter #20
All members who are interested and confirmed to join the meet, do PM me with your Name and Contact details. We can create a group on WhatsApp and have our discussion running on that too.

All members who are interested and confirmed to join the meet, do PM me with your Name and Contact details. We can create a group on WhatsApp and have our discussion running on that too.
I suggest not to have another mode of discussion. it may not be good. sharing numbers is okie... But be here.. then only all others will see the improvements and give suggestions..

IMPORTANT

TRIP PLAN

MAP LINK : https://goo.gl/maps/ouWFh

TRIP plan
ooty plan.png
OCT 2nd plan :

We all meet at Coimbatore 2nd

we have breakfast at Annapurna, Near ganga hospital.

We travel Mettupalayam and have a short tea break.

then travel to conoor and have another break.

then Directly to legendary Emrald Lake .
emrald lake.jpg

Then we head directly to ooty and have some purchases at shops as team wish.

we shall have a time at botanical garden over there.

then we can have a stay at ooty . ( details soon )

Oct 3 rd

we early start to Mudhumalai after small Breakfast , where we can find wild animals at the start of the day, then we can return via gudalur, and have a dine .

then we return to Dhottabetta, Highest peak in south india or what so ever.
ooty-doda_betta_peak.jpg

then we head back to Kotagiri

OCT 4TH
@kotagiri
have a stay and relax with the nature and halt for a half day and we intact and know each other.

shall go Kodanad view point , most Breath taking infinite landscape in front of us.
kodanad.jpg

then we can wind up to coimbatore as others wish.

other places to visit are valparai , munnar and Kodaianal.
so if you have some spare days, please visit those too.

hoping your valuable and wonderful Accompany .

Regards,
Prasanth Krishna.

Thread Starter #23
IMPORTANT

TRIP PLAN

TRIP plan
View attachment 179623
OCT 2nd plan :

View attachment 179624

Oct 3 rd

we early start to Mudhumalai after small Breakfast , where we can find wild animals at the start of the day, then we can return via gudalur, and have a dine .

View attachment 179625

OCT 4TH
@kotagiri
have a stay and relax with the nature and halt for a half day and we intact and know each other.

shall go Kodanad view point , most Breath taking infinite landscape in front of us.
View attachment 179626

Regards,
Prasanth Krishna.
That sounds like a geeat itenary Prashanth and we can go as per this plan. Members who are interested, please do confirm and PM me, so that we can calculate the head count and book rooms and plan opther events accordingly. Till now the confimed members are :
1) Venkatesh (VjRoadie) - Ford Ecosport
2) Aniruthan (Aniruthan) - Volkswagen Vento
3) Prashanth (Stingray91) - Maruti WagonR Stingray

IMPORTANT

TRIP PLAN

TRIP plan
View attachment 179623
OCT 2nd plan :

View attachment 179624

Oct 3 rd

View attachment 179625

OCT 4TH
@kotagiri

View attachment 179626

Regards,
Prasanth Krishna.
@Prasanth Krishna: This sounds like a exciting itinerary to me[clap] I am happy with this schedule and as per this plan I will need to add another two days for my travel plan to and fro Belgaum. I am in!

That sounds like a geeat itenary Prashanth and we can go as per this plan. Members who are interested, please do confirm and PM me, so that we can calculate the head count and book rooms and plan opther events accordingly. Till now the confimed members are :
1) Venkatesh (VjRoadie) - Ford Ecosport
2) Aniruthan (Aniruthan) - Volkswagen Vento
3) Prashanth (Stingray91) - Maruti WagonR Stingray
Correct Aniruth! With just around 16 days in hand, the hotel rooms need to be booked first as its a long weekend. We may not get our preferred rooms and hotels as they might get sold out!

This is wonderful plan, I am also like to participate this. I would try my maximum and let you know by this thread itself by coming days. BTW Ooty is max 250 KM from my home.
@Rakeshkn, we all would be glad to have you join and make the meet more memorable, after-all the purpose of this event is to meet and greet each other, make friends, share views and opinions and enjoy the breathtaking views of the location[:)]

Sure Anand. I think its quite long time since we met (I think Hyundai meet was the last one). We will plan accordingly. Actually I have second and third sat/sun week end. other Saturday we are working. So Cant take off.

We will plan one for sure. Either a two day meet or a day meet like what we did in Hosur. There is a hill station in AP (RK Sir is the right person to give clear details) we already planned for one but some how it did not materialize. let us see how it works in Oct/Nov Month.

We can even plan a 2d/1n at Yelagiri (cost effective, very close to all of us)
Nice initiative Aniruthan and vjroadie !! I still remember our one big meet at Hosur[:)]

Sethu sir, which hill station in AP you were referring to ??

I would love to be part of this as Ooty is on my pending list of visit from past many years, but I know that I will be too busy during whole oct 1st week as am out of country from 13th till 21st and 22nd is Dusera a big festival in our region so the 2nd option of dates is also ruled out for me[cry].

I wish a this a great meet with all the members participating and wish you all will take all the necessary safety precautions while your drive and visiting the places. Wish to be a part of future meets[thumbsup]

Nice initiative Aniruthan and vjroadie !! I still remember our one big meet at Hosur

Sethu sir, which hill station in AP you were referring to ??

I would love to be part of this as Ooty is on my pending list of visit from past many years, but I know that I will be too busy during whole oct 1st week as am out of country from 13th till 21st and 22nd is Dusera a big festival in our region so the 2nd option of dates is also ruled out for me.

I wish a this a great meet with all the members participating and wish you all will take all the necessary safety precautions while your drive and visiting the places. Wish to be a part of future meets
Thank you @Gurrala! Would be a delight if you could join the meet, but nevertheless, once this meet is done, lets plan up a TAI - Mega Pan India meet, which our honored moderator 350Z has hinted at in a private message to me.[;)]

Hotel Apple Park at ram nagar coimbatore is the best, and which is my friends hotel.

i can get you stay for discounted price .
you can get fare and reviews at
Hotel Apple Park (Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu) - Hotel reviews, photos, rates - TripAdvisor
That hotel looks excellent and VFM too. Once the members and itinerary is fixed, I will proceed with the booking through your support[thumbsup]

Last edited:

Top Bottom