Bronzo Tan Fiat Avventura Emotion Diesel: Ownership Review

Dear Tornado

I am planning to buy a Avventura.
Is it a better driving experience than Eco Sport?
People tell that it is difficult to drive Avventura or any other fiat cars in city bumper to bumper traffic. Is it true?

Thread Starter #32
Which petrol or diesel?

Fiat are driving pleasure cars, I never face a problem in b2b traffic.

Ecosport looks bigger from outside but claustrophobic from inside. ES suspension is hard and gives butt jarring experience on bumps. Avventura suspension is best in sub 15 L CUV segment almost comparable to Storme (Storme suspension is best in sub25L segment)

Also ES is 1.5 to 2 L costlier than Avventura in case of comparable models. ES was initially costing equal to Avventura but later they took undue disadvantage of good sales figures raised the prices for no valid reason.

Which petrol or diesel?
Diesel

Fiat are driving pleasure cars, I never face a problem in b2b traffic.
This is a valuable input. Because the car would be mainly moving in Kolkata with bumper to Bumper traffic

Ecosport looks bigger from outside but claustrophobic from inside.
Is ES sitting space at the back larger than Avventura?

Look wise Avventura is much better than Avventura.
I am little afraid of the after sales service of Fiat at Kolkata. Believe me , although I havenot taken the test drive , I have started dreaming of the car. - the orange colour.

Hoping some fiat owner from kolkata gives me some input.

Thread Starter #34
Do test drive it first before taking decision.

Because of higher sitting position than Avventura, ES feels little claustrophobic again. Both being sub four m cars space is more or less same.

Somehow, I missed this fantastic and beautiful ownership review. I truly enjoyed reading it. Thanks very much for sharing it. Rated 5 stars. [clap]

And belated congrats. :)

Thread Starter #36
Updates :
28000km done till now, hassle free driving & ownership experience till now.

I had to replace a ORVM mirror glass as it got broken due to a bang on it by a upcoming i20.

I purchases a sun visor mountable tissue paper holder @399INR.

I got the underbody antitrust treatment done @Rs, 3 k at Poona Motors, camp Pune.
I also got the flooring of the car laminated with waterproof rexine like material so as to prevent soiling it. It can be cleaned with wet cloth & soapy solution. Cost Rs 3 k.

Of late,, there was some rattling noise from the right front suspension or the wheel only when the right front wheel passes on rough patches on the tar road, got it checked at FASS, nothing significant detected there.

Thread Starter #37
30kkm, servicing done at Krishna FASS Satara,
Bill :6600Rs approx.
Rated 10 /10 for the experience.
Apart from routine servicing, front right suspension was making some noise on rough roads, for which they replaced a elastic pad & Elastico Tassello (worth Rs 1500 approx) under warranty. This problem was not diagnosed by Jay Vijay FASS Pune earlier.

Overall, me felt Krishna FASS is better than Pune FASS.

Recently, the car is being used on dusty roads, for which they have advised to get the AC & air filter cleaned every 5 kkm.

To prevent the original seats from getting soiled due to dust, I installed tailor made seat covers @2400 Rs.

Attachments

Congrats on a well maintained 30k km cross, its the exclusivity that your car is must be making you feel elated.

I had read that its quite a circus to open the hatch, your views please.

regards

vinod

Hi,
How much they charge for oil. Actually in coimbatore FIAT CAI service are good in looting money from fiat owners. They charge for 4 litres of oil, but the engine capacity itself is 3.2 litres.
I have done 3 services there and in 3rd service only i came to know about it. They only gave .8 litres back to car owners who they feel are well knowledged. I got to know from fiat members about the same that they receive .8 litres back. But for almost all owners they are not giving it back.

Thread Starter #40
Not at all a circus.
It is a two step procedure.
1) open the spare wheel gate fully till it gets latched at the max.(this is to prevent hatch lid grazing or banging on the spare wheel gate)
2) Then, open the hatch lid as usual.

Anyways, received a call from FCA about feedback regarding recent servicing.

I rated Krishna FASS Satara 10 /10. And I rated 8/10 for Fiat as a brand. I reduce 2 points for empty places in the fiat stable eg MPV (Palio adventure), Sedan with 1.6 L engine ( Agea), entry level SUV (Jeep Renegade) etc.

I renewed the zero dep insurance (New India) @17217Rs.
@Ambylovers, they have charged me only for 3.2 to 3.3 lit till date. They might be thinking that I am a guy with knowledge[evil]
Posting a pic of the bill.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey tornado,

Thanks a ton for posting this review. I live in allahabad and m a big fan of the hydraulic steering and the feedback it gives. I own a ford fiesta classic (its lovely) and an old alto k10 which i wanna replace. Options i have zeroed on are volkswagen polo tdi highline 1.5. And punto 90hp /avventura. There is no fiat service centre in my city. The nearest is 120kms in varanasi. I think i m in love with the avventura. What is your advice. Should it be preferred over the Polo. The steering in polo was a big let down.

Varun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #42
For a driving enthusiast, driving down 100 odd kms for servicing would be in fact a fun. Believe me a highway or bad roads drive always refreshes the owner.

Servicing schedule is every 15kkm you hardly need to visit servicing center in between, so one trip of Varanasi in 15000 km should not hinder your decision.

Last edited:
Hey tornado,
Thanks a ton for posting this review. I live in allahabad and m a big fan of the hydraulic steering and the feedback it gives. I own a ford fiesta classic (its lovely) and an old alto k10 which i wanna replace. Options i have zeroed on are volkswagen polo tdi highline 1.5. And punto 90hp /avventura. ...
As far as my knowledge goes Polo has EPS ie electronic power steering and not hydarulic.

there is no fiat service centre in my city. The nearest is 120kms in varanasi. I think i m in love with the avventura....wat is ur advice.... Shd it be preferred over the polo....the steering in polo was a big let down.....
Varun.
There are Fiat guys in West Bengal who drives around 300 km - 350 km for service. Its what matters is your love for the car

@subhendu
Yes polo steering is eps....thats y its a big let down otherwise its a solidly built car n it has all the bells n whistles (read accesories like touchscreen ice, auto up n down power windows, electrochromic mirror, antirust 6 year warranty, autofolding power ovrms, etc) but steering feedback matters a lot

@tornado:
Hv u installed reverse parking sensors / reverse camera / gps in ur italian beauty ..if so den at wat price n from where.... i spoke to the fiat guy in lucknow he had quoted 9.02 lacs on road inclusive of all discounts( free insurance n rto n cash discount included) plus 20,000 extra for the gps n camera.....which i think is a necessity if i m going to travel the length n breadth of the country with this beauty,...

Top Bottom